Bellazon

UEFA Euro 2016

Stromboli1

5 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

anyway Ibrahimovic ego is WAY bigger than Ronaldo

Zlatan's tongue in cheek quotes are hilariously awesome though.

1. On what he bought her for a birthday, he said: “Nothing. She already has Zlatan.”
  2. Arsene Wenger asked me to have a trial with Arsenal when I was 17. I turned it down. Zlatan doesn't do auditions.
  3. If I'd gone into taekwondo, I'd probably have won several Olympic medals.
  4. One thing is for sure: a World Cup without me is nothing to watch.
  5. I can't help but laugh at how perfect I am.

6. If anything, the children of Paris should be giving me even more money for having the privilege of being in the same city as my incredible quality. And so should David Beckham. Call it a Zlaritable donation.

He also has introspective and inspirational quotes too.

1. That's my hunger. If I start to relax, and I lose that, then I had better stop my football. I need that hunger. I still feel I need to do things 10 times better than other players. Just to be accepted and to improve myself.
  2. If you are different, or you have minimum possibilities, you can still succeed. I am living proof of that. I didn't have that 'wow' life. I was not a 'wow' person. Those around me were not 'wow' people. I didn't live in a 'wow' area. So my message to those who feel different, or unlucky, is that if you believe in yourself, you will also make it.
  3. I wish anyone in this world could go to his fridge and pick whatever he wants. Because the day you open your fridge and there is nothing in it, it is difficult.
  4. I did many stupid things. I made many mistakes, but I learnt from everything. I still make mistakes; I still learn from them. Nobody is perfect.
  5. The way that I opened the door for the young people that come from where I come from and that have a different background, that is what I want to be remembered for.

Ibra is entertainment in its purest form. Everyone should do themselves a favour and pick up a copy of his autobiography, basically 300 pages documenting his innate greatness and listing all the people he wants to kick into the middle of next week. :rofl:

That's what adds to his charm, though. It gets ever so tedious when players just spew out the same tired old cliches. We could do with a few more who disrupt the status quo, ignore the PR teams and show a bit more personality.

On 08/07/2016 at 6:11 PM, Sanni said:

It’ll be exciting to see Ronaldo vs. Griezmann. I’m guessing one of them will win the player of the tournament award based on which team will win.

Griezmann must be the heavy favourite now, although it could be argued that he didn't really hit form until the second half of the Ireland game, when Deschamps belatedly decided to use him as part of a front two alongside Giroud.

For what it's worth, I'd be tempted to go for Mesut Ozil. If he doesn't at least make it into the team of the tournament, it'll be scandalous.

Ronaldo invited Chantal Borgonovo who is the widow of Stefano Borgonovo to the Final tomorrow. :thumbs_up:

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/news-cat/euro2016-cristiano-ronaldo-invita-chantal-borgonovo-alla-finale/

The English article for those who can't read Italian.

Cristiano Ronaldo, the Portuguese superstar and captain of his national squad, has invited the widow of the former Italian striker Stefano Borgonovo to attend Sunday’s Final of the European Championship, which will see Portugal go head to head with tournament hosts France.

Moved by the story of Stefano Borgonovo, a former striker for Fiorentina and Italy's National Football Team, La Squadra Azzura, who lost his battle with the neurological disease ALS, Cristiano Ronaldo has been an active supporter of the Stefano Borgonovo Foundation, established by Chantal Borgonovo, Stefano’s widow in 2014.

Speaking about Stefano’s battle with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease, via his Facebook page to his millions of followers worldwide Cristiano Ronaldo said: "I have learned about Stefano Borgonovo from Carlo Ancelotti who was very close to him. Stefano was a great striker and a real fighter - on and off the pitch. He loved football as much as he loved life. Therefore I have decided to support Borgonovo Foundation and to fight ALS and I invite all to do the same."

Christiano Rondaldo’s manager, Jorge Mendes is also a supporter of the Foundation and dedicated a chapter in his autobiography to highlighting the importance of combatting ALS, a disease which attacks the nervous system and came to global attention as part of the ice bucket challenge.

The Borgonovo family and Foundation is greatly encouraged by the support of the international football community in their fight against ALS. Speaking about Cristiano Ronaldo’s special invitation to attend the Euro Final as his guest on Sunday Chantal Borgonovo said: "I could not believe my ears when Jorge Mendes called me the other day and told me that Ronaldo wants me to come to Paris. Cristiano and Jorge have always been very close to my family and I am happy and grateful that they continue to remember my husband and support us in our fight against ALS. I am looking forward to the Euro Final and to discussing the Foundation’s efforts with the football community present.”

Other members of the international football community who have voiced their support for the Borgonovo Foundation include: Roberto Baggio, Carlo Ancelotti, Claudio Ranieri and Pep Guardiola. Two weeks ago, three years to the day after Stefano Borgonovo passed away, his widow was invited by The FIGC, the Italian Football Association, to attend the Italy vs Spain match at the Euro.

On 10/07/2016 at 3:16 AM, Stromboli1 said:

Ronaldo invited Chantal Borgonovo who is the widow of Stefano Borgonovo to the Final tomorrow. :thumbs_up:

That's another good thing. The ego Ronaldo has on the park doesn’t extend to every area of his life. Obviously, he's got plenty of money to give, but has regularly donated generous sums of money to charities around the world.

Slightly leaning towards France for tonight, I would say they've been the most potent attacking force at the tournament so far and have had the tougher route to the final. Portugal on the other hand have become one of the most resolute defensive units, and if they can contain France and be resilient against Griezmann and friends, then they'll deserve to win the game. If France can successfully break them down, then they'll deserve it.

Either way there is potential for a great football story. I think the Icelandic team hopes that France will win. :D It would make their journey at the tournament even that much sweeter.

WTF those butterflies at the stadium :D