Bellazon

The 2015 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Clauds

It does seem unfair that someone can get cast in the show due to their personal connections (Megan) when Barbara looks like this but wasn’t cast:

IMG Models Digitals 2015

:wub2: 

a49ca6445460074.jpg 5a6a71445460125.jpg 58d90d445460173.jpg 348621445460259.jpg

In addition, Gigi and Barbara have some similarities in their look so I think that Gigi’s fame was the deciding factor when she was cast in the show rather than Gigi having a better look for the runway than Barbara.

I can't believe people are still holding a torch for Barbara and VS. It's been 3 years since she worked with them, and every single model gets compared to Barbara when they're cast. Can't believe XYZ got cast when this amazing goddess exists!!!

Gigi didn't get cast over Barbara. She's shot for VS within this year, and did an event for them. Y'all can keep going on about not deserving it, but she's worked more for VS this year than a lot of girls who got cast this year. Barbara didn't even go to castings. Common. Take a deep breath.

I watched the casting video, and Megan is cute in motion. I think she'll fit well in Pink, and I think she'll be a one and done with VS, but I'm not too mad about her getting cast since I saw the video. Pauline is also way cute in motion.

I actually like pretty much all the newbies cast minus Kendall. Megan is perfect for Pink. Everyone is so devastated she's cast. It's not as if she's doing main line. She fits Pink just like Maud does. Everyone thinks these girls take away spots from the likes of Jourdan or Kelly when in fact it's the newbies who will be doing main line like Vita or most likely Bridget that took those girls spots away. VS will have a certain amount of Pink girls cast. I think Pink will consist of.

Rachel, Gigi, Maud, Ming, Yumi, Pauline, Megan, Sanne, Valery, Sharam and possibly Devon.

I don’t think “cute” should cut it for the VSFS even in the PINK section. What made Victoria’s Secret Fashion Shows so special was that one model after another was stunningly beautiful.

Well the whole point of Pink is the cute, young, college girl demographic. So casting those type of girls for that segment fits the demo and target audience. Not every girl needs to look like Adriana Lima and they shouldn't either. Maybe that made VS special once upon a time but you're living in a different time now. Where beauty and the fashion industry is scrutinized and the everyday girl look is just as important to target the masses compared to a bombshell girl like Candice.

I don’t think “cute” should cut it for the VSFS even in the PINK section. What made Victoria’s Secret Fashion Shows so special was that one model after another was stunningly beautiful.

Yeah back when there wasn't a Pink section, but typically ever since it was introduced......those girls are typically cast for their cute and bubbly look. The only exception is the 07 Pink segment. That year had some drop dead beauty's walking Pink!

Kevork u love everything im shock u dont like Kendall tbh

I don't hate her. I actually just don't think she's a good model. Take away the family stuff that comes with her, her fashion work is so lackluster. Gigi might not have a great walk but she's got an amazing personality and looks great in all her campaigns. Based on that casting video I thought Leomie, Megan and Pauline all had great personalities.

Kevork89, I get what you are saying. Ed used to pride himself on how there was only about a 100 women in the world who could walk in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. Nowadays the number is definitely way higher since the minimum qualifications are just having a cute face and being tall and skinny (and knowing someone from Victoria’s Secret).

Yeah back when there wasn't a Pink section, but typically ever since it was introduced......those girls are typically cast for their cute and bubbly look. The only exception is the 07 Pink segment. That year had some drop dead beauty's walking Pink!

Yes, even the PINK section used to include real world-class beauties but I disagree that that was the case only in 2007. I would say that 2006-2008 was the golden era of PINK as far as the models go. Future Angels like Miranda, Rosie, Candice and Doutzen walked for PINK as well as some pretty well-known models.

Kevork89, I get what you are saying. Ed used to pride himself on how there was only about a 100 women in the world who could walk in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. Nowadays the number is definitely way higher since the minimum qualifications are just having a cute face and being tall and skinny (and knowing someone from Victoria’s Secret).

Yes, even the PINK section used to include real world-class beauties but I disagree that that was the case only in 2007. I would say that 2006-2008 was the golden era of PINK as far as the models go. Future Angels like Miranda, Rosie, Candice and Doutzen walked for PINK as well as some pretty well-known models.

there's no such thing like a golden era for PINK  :rofl:  ... ok, maybe from 2006-2007 

there's no such thing like a golden era for PINK  :rofl:  ... ok, maybe from 2006-2007 

Again, I’m talking about the models.

The fittings Ale and Adriana had a special fitting before any one else from what I was told before October 26, they flew back to NYC last week for a second fitting and also both recorded a special for VS, I wasn't told what it was but possibly a farewell video. :idk:

Do you think if it's just Alessandra leaving they'll have Dri saying how much she'll miss Ale and blablabla? Kinda like Heidi and Tyra in 2005. I can see Adriana leaving next year maybe but I doubt VS will be down to losing their two main models at the same time and Alessandra seems to be more on her way out than Dri.

Either way, if one or both of them are leaving VS better do some nice shit for them, they have been with VS long enough and not giving them a proper goodbye would be a slap in the face ... But not even Heidi got one so who knows.

It will be really cute if Adriana spoke about Ale in the video, although I don't know if that's what they really filmed for lol it could also probably be a promotion for the show or something else.

As for Ale, well.... lol not sure if I should say this but I heard she is planning on leaving however she can change her mind and renew again. I also heard Adriana wants to stay but she isn't to happy about having to work with "The Newest Angels" so she is also thinking of leaving but besides all of that Adriana loves VS is like family to her so if she decides to stay is because of her love for VS but at this point a lot of veteran Angels aren't to pleased with the new Angels lol

Interesting. Do they feel that some of the prestige of being a Victoria’s Secret Angel has been lost due to the company hiring so many new Angels?