Bellazon

The 2015 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Clauds

Honestly I don't get the upset. VS is doing what they need to do to get press, attention, and views. This is a business. I don't like the way Kendall and Gigi got to the top, but Gigi was working it in her casting tape and Kendall looks very VS. The Kardashians are also harmless so I don't get the upset about them attending either when it's not the first time they've gone anyway.

They have ten angels and an ambassador to promote, by inviting these two really popular models that are getting the gig mostly for the press, they are diminishing the work of all of their models who got there by working really really hard for years and not just for the 10 minutes their casting took. All the screen time these two will take, will be taken out of models who worked their ass off to get to where they are, that's just it.
Kendall and Gigi won't get anymore screen time other than them walking up and down the runway and maybe a shot of them dancing backstage. Everyone will get their shine, and all the Angels will get even more when they're individually announced and honestly if they're intriguing enough they'll get the attention they deserve. It's a business, they gotta do what they gotta do. Yes there are girls I wish would've made the show instead but at the same time, I realize that Gigi and Kendall have a strong purpose for the show and it's a good and reasonable one at that. They even balanced it out by getting mostly irrelevants to walk. I think the new Angels will be fine tbh. They have way more things throughout the year to promote them and it takes years to really get known. One fashion show as an angel won't get you super known anyway.

Just like everybody got their shine last year with Taylor Swift's antiques all over the place. :ninja:

Lmao a performer blocking the stage is not the same as two models walking

Laundry done, #BodyByIza work out done, and then I come online to this cluster fuck. This drama is very juicy though, and Rihanna's excuse is BS she's been working on R8 for like 20 years now, bitch you have some shit recorded, she recorded Phresh Off The Runway 2 days before the show but now she can't find anything now? She cancelled because she knows she doesn't wanna deal with this BS I mean VS (Thank you Jourdan)

This wasn't the first time Jourdan shaded the show either, she was interviewed once backstage and the interviewer was like "What do you think of this years performers?" and she shrugged her shoulders and said "Meh" this was at the same time that Jessica Hart said her piece about Taylor Swift.

Honestly I don't get the upset. VS is doing what they need to do to get press, attention, and views. This is a business. I don't like the way Kendall and Gigi got to the top, but Gigi was working it in her casting tape and Kendall looks very VS. The Kardashians are also harmless so I don't get the upset about them attending either when it's not the first time they've gone anyway.

They have ten angels and an ambassador to promote, by inviting these two really popular models that are getting the gig mostly for the press, they are diminishing the work of all of their models who got there by working really really hard for years and not just for the 10 minutes their casting took. All the screen time these two will take, will be taken out of models who worked their ass off to get to where they are, that's just it.
Kendall and Gigi won't get anymore screen time other than them walking up and down the runway and maybe a shot of them dancing backstage. Everyone will get their shine, and all the Angels will get even more when they're individually announced and honestly if they're intriguing enough they'll get the attention they deserve. It's a business, they gotta do what they gotta do. Yes there are girls I wish would've made the show instead but at the same time, I realize that Gigi and Kendall have a strong purpose for the show and it's a good and reasonable one at that. They even balanced it out by getting mostly irrelevants to walk. I think the new Angels will be fine tbh. They have way more things throughout the year to promote them and it takes years to really get known. One fashion show as an angel won't get you super known anyway.

Gigi and Kendall already have the fame and press, they do not need to shine on every single show. The thing here is: they have 11 models to promote that DO need to be the stars. Gigi and Kendall only had to go to castings for ten minutes and they were in, models like Vita Sidorkina had to lose weight and work hard to get where they are. Gigi and Kendall bring press, yes, but at the cost of them being the stars of the show when 11 other models were announced as the faces of the brand and are now falling behind due to their lack of massive presence on the media. They made a huge deal out of Gigi getting in, how is that fair to their 11 new models that got a picture and a caption that listed them off and that's it? Don't get me wrong, I like their commercial work and Kendall's walk but they have models to promote that have been waiting for this for years. None of them deserve to have their thunder stolen, and all of them will have to shut their mouths if they are bothered. I don't see how that could be fair to all the regulars and their new angels + Rachel, who are making their first appearance under new titles and worked with the brand for a long time.

Gigi and Kendall already have the fame and press, they do not need to shine on every single show. The thing here is: they have 11 models to promote that DO need to be the stars. Gigi and Kendall only had to go to castings for ten minutes and they were in, models like Vita Sidorkina had to lose weight and work hard to get where they are. Gigi and Kendall bring press, yes, but at the cost of them being the stars of the show when 11 other models were announced as the faces of the brand and are now falling behind due to their lack of massive presence on the media. They made a huge deal out of Gigi getting in, how is that fair to their 11 new models that got a picture and a caption that listed them off and that's it? Don't get me wrong, I like their commercial work and Kendall's walk but they have models to promote that have been waiting for this for years. None of them deserve to have their thunder stolen, and all of them will have to shut their mouths if they are bothered. I don't see how that could be fair to all the regulars and their new angels + Rachel, who are making their first appearance under new titles and worked with the brand for a long time.

Even though I hate the decision they made we have to understand that VS is doing what they have always, they're taking the models that are at the pinnacle of their careers. Kendall and Gigi are technically very big models at the moment, they have big contracts, fame, and they're making mad money. It makes my stomach turn comparing them to models of yesteryear but they're like *swallows hard* the "it" girls now *sobs hard*  :no:

Completely agree. I couldn't give a single F**k about Gigi walking or Kendull walking if they were regular "models" but since they are only models due to family and have a huge following on media it is completely unfair, Vita would not have been cast had she not worked out and dropped so many pounds. If she looked like Gigi should wouldn't haven been cast for the show. And now they are going to take away a lot of the attention from the new girls when this show should have been focused on there debuts as Angels. 

I totally agree with Nightlocks and Dani.

When it comes to the promotion, we're not talking about only airtime but the press that comes out from other media outlets. How are they going to promote new names when everybody will only care to talk about Kendull, Gigi and their respective clans? Everybody will use their names as clickbait. Look at what i-D did to Jourdan. 8 covers for the mag and she gets snubbed as "more".

About this years line up

https://33.media.tumblr.com/d8b65b2e2208ac241b45994a68128ccd/tumblr_mil8uoK8XE1qejlczo1_500.gif

Please textlink or upload images onto a host instead of hotlinking. This include images from social media sites such as facebook, instagram, pinterest, tumblr, twitter, VK, etc. For more information click HERE. Thanks! ~post edited by PinkCouture

Edited by PinkCouture

I'm talking about press for VS. The performers are already lackluster this year, and they need people tuning in. I never said it was fair either, it's iust a business. I would love it was just the Angels and some regulars but the shows ratings will just fall even more and then after that what's the point? I still think the new Angels will get their shine, maybe not as much if Gigi and Kendall weren't there, but they're still going to be pushed. You know what let me chnage what I'm saying. I completely agree with you, but I just feel like it's hard to pick a side because what they did was reasonable but also unfair but nothing is ever fair. There are many girls who deserved it way more than those two but what is the better sacrifice for them business wise? Keeping people interested in their show is more important to them than 100% focus on the new Angels as a business. Period.

I hope I'm not the only one who finds Jourdan's behaviour completely different from Blanca's. Blanca was very gracious and honest in that interview, Jourdan (even if I'm sure it was her choice not to walk) is acting like a bitch. She's been in the show for years, has worked for the cover of 10 magazine last year and now she's just ungrateful. Not a professional behavior from her imho.

Also... wasn't she friend with both Kendall and Gigi?