Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

Hi! Here is a better translation of her interview to La Stampa :)

Bar Refaeli On Beauty, Tomboys And A Diplomatic Incident With France's First Lady

Some call her the anti-Kate Moss: Bar Refaeli, the Israeli-born supermodel, is natural in her own skin. Lately she has taken up the drums, and begun thinking about motherhood. But for the moment, boys, she’s free as a bird. Just ask Carla Bruni-Sarkozy

MILAN – Despite all the glossy perfection from photographs in the world’s top fashion magazines, supermodel Bar Refaeli is beautiful in person the way a woman doctor or archaeologist or marine biologist are beautiful. A real beauty, in short, with looks and movements and a full awareness of her surroundings. Meeting her after the recording of the Italian television show Chiambretti last weekend, where she was billed as “the most beautiful model in the world,” Refaeli strikes you with her spontaneity as much as the statuesque aesthetic. And as a native of Israel, there is inevitably more to talk about than just fashion runways and the jet-set.

What do you think about Israel? What do you like about your country?

Since I grew up there, it is my favorite place. I think people often do not see the essence of Israel, but it is a place full of history, playfulness and good weather.

You didn’t fulfill your compulsory military service, which caused some controversy in your country. Do you think this obligation is out-dated?

Unfortunately, it is still necessary. I wanted to do it, but I got married and according to the law, it was no longer required -- then I got divorced. In any case, military service is not important in itself, but because of what it teaches you.

January 27 was Holocaust Remembrance Day: what does it mean for an Israeli?

My grandparents experienced the tragedy of the Holocaust, and I think it is very important that we all learn from history and remember those we lost and those who survived.

Where do you live now?

In London. I travel a lot and so it’s a convenient place to be.

It seems that naturalness is your main trait: you are a top model, but you look like a normal girl, the anti-Kate Moss. Are you aware of it?

My mother taught me to be myself, so some people will like me, and others won’t. Sometimes it’s actually fun having someone hate you. If I weren’t myself, I wouldn’t be able to enjoy the success for being something I’m not.

Is there anything that makes you feel different from other women?

Everyone is different. Not just me. My name means wild child, and I feel a little bit of tomboy.

When was the last time you were on holiday?

Over Christmas, I was in Brazil and Uruguay. Punta del Este is a truly magical place.

Do you like Italy?

I love the food, the people and the fact that every city has a different atmosphere. I'm sorry for the way everyone is judging the Italians for what happened on that (Concordia) cruise ship. I am an Israeli, and so I know that it’s better for people not to be judged by nationality.

What is the secret to reaching the status of “supermodel” and not simply a model?

It's a combination of luck and hard work.

Any plans for changes in your career?

I think I'll always work in the fashion field. I just launched my own brand, and in 2012 there is a lot of traveling ahead of me. But I hope to become a mother soon.

Are you involved with anyone?

No, I am completely free.

You are not used to speak of your ex-boyfriend, Leonardo DiCaprio. Why?

And ... I won’t here either.

Have you seen “J. Edgar,” the film where he is the protagonist?

Not yet, but I will soon.

You also dated the son of French President Nicolas Sarkozy, and it seems that Carla Bruni-Sarkozy got jealous for one too many looks at her husband.

I’m not expecting anymore invitations to the Elysée (presidential palace).

Are you planning on doing some movie?

Actually a TV show in Israel, but we haven’t started shooting yet.

Who are your favorite actors?

Daniel Day Lewis, Sean Penn and Meryl Streep.

Some say you are the most beautiful woman in the world.

I'm flattered. The best is when someone knows me and tells me I'm also a nice person. There’s no higher compliment than that.

What is your standard of beauty?

My mother. She taught me that I can be beautiful, but if I’m not also kind I will never have any success.

One thing you would like to learn to do?

I would like to study Spanish or French. And I would like to become good at playing the drums! I just started: I told you I’m a tomboy!

http://www.worldcrunch.com/bar-refaeli-bea...first-lady/4614

Today, it's Friday so Bar is inviting her fans to be charitable. Her pick of the day is WWF's Adopt an Animal.

http://www.adoptananimal.uk.com/charities/...imal-adoptions/

Thanks wijn, for the bigger Under_Me's photos!

domino, thanks for all the Israeli links to Coke Zero!

Bigmax, thanks for the Oggi magazine scan!

Hi lalidora! Thanks for more lovely photos of Bar at the Dior show! :drool:

You posted great photos, LoveBar! Thanks. :wave: The second one has always been one of my all time favorites. Very classic and her beauty is mesmerizing. :wub:

It was mentioned on Bar's Twitter that her mom came to meet Bar in London yesterday. Hope they're having a good time! :)

Bar Refaeli doesn't like red lipstick.

The Israeli model - who has previously modelled for magazines including Maxim, GQ and Elle - admits she is not keen on the trend for bright lips because if she was going to kiss someone it would end up all around their face.

She said: ''I'm not so keen on red lips. They're just not sexy. What guy wants to kiss a girl who is going to smear lipstick all over his face?''

When it comes to make-up in general the 26-year-old beauty - who has previously dated Leonardo DiCaprio - admits she likes to keep things ''simple''.

She added: ''I like to go for the simple look. Smoky eyes - every girls should own an Armani Maestro mascara and Shu Uemura lash curlers - and glowing skin.''

Even her skin care routine is simple, and she admits to using basic products.

She added: ''The secret to great skin is to keep it clean. I just cleanse and tone with Dermalogica products and use Kiehl's moisturiser. And I drink lots of water. I prefer water to wine, so that helps my skin too.

http://lifestyle.xin.msn.com/en/beauty-fas...umentid=5840611

Thanks Vanessaa :flower:

Great find Sick! :hug:

Hello, I wonder at all the biggest fans of Bar (I'm a fan of her from many years, but there are some things that I do not know), however, someone can tell me how old are the father and mother of Bar?

In my opinion they are not very old.

P.s.

Sorry if I made a few grammatical errors, but I do not speak English very well, but if someone has difficulty translating from Italian, I am happy to help. ;)

Considering that her older brother is 36, I would say Bar's mom is in her mid to late-50s. As for her dad, he must be 57 because when that article appeared four years ago (Bar was 22), her dad was 53 at that time.

http://www.interfaithfamily.com/arts_and_e...Interview.shtml

And you English is quite good, Bluejack! :)

Thanks for the article, wijn. Yes, she appears in the TATLER's March issue

10 CLOSE-UP WITH BAR REFAELI

The Israeli It-model's insider tips on looking incredible

http://www.tatler.com/magazine

I still remember her Tatler's October 2007 cover. She was gorgeous. The inside photos were great and the interview was also very interesting.

Thanks Vanessaa for the Twitter's picture. I heard it's quite snowy and cold in many European areas.

Thanks Sick for these amazing GQ's Bell Aviv photos!

Bigmax, I wonder if the bedroom pic was taken in a hotel or in her London apartment.

WOW! :drool: Thanks Chocolate for finding these new photos from Andrew Marc's spring 2012 collection. :wave: She is stunning and the dresses are gorgeous.

Thanks to LoveBar

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...265817322_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...462928270_n.jpg

Hi Adira! Yes, it's the UK Tatler, so thanks in advance! :)