Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

She isn't trying to avoid taxes all together. Non-Resident means she'd pay a different tax percentage based on the time she spends in the country and how much property she owns, which I believe is little to none. The boycott however, is still about her avoiding military service, as the above article states.

Bar Refaeli asks for tax relief

Supermodel submits request to pay her taxes abroad, saying 'center of my life is no longer in Israel'

...According to estimates, Refaeli earned about $2 million in the past two years, for which she was meant to pay income tax of more than NIS 3.5 million (47% tax in 2008 and 46% in 2009). In addition, she was forced to pay national insurance in Israel, and because the tax ceiling was removed last year, for each dollar Refaeli earned she was meant to pay 12 more cents for national insurance and health insurance in Israel – in other words, an extra NIS 250,000 ($68,000). ...

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3835369,00.html

like she's the biggest problem they have :/

so agree.

and I don't get what the big deal is that Bar is applying for non-resident tax status. Maybe she plans on living outside and certainly working outside of Israel now so she has every right to do that - I'm sure an other Israeli citizen can do that without an uproar or criticism. It's like they want to make an example out of her or make her life miserable.

Thanks for that new SI clip -she looks great!