Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

post-33085-1262783393_thumb.jpg

bigger

th_6eeea060257828.gif/monthly_01_2010/post-23568-0-1446054146-31485_thumb.jpg" data-fileid="3013825" alt="post-23568-0-1446054146-31485_thumb.jpg" data-ratio="130.28"> th_d5e98060257858.gif/monthly_01_2010/post-23568-0-1446054146-32936_thumb.jpg" data-fileid="3013826" alt="post-23568-0-1446054146-32936_thumb.jpg" data-ratio="130.78">

post-23568-0-1446054146-3915_thumb.jpgpost-23568-0-1446054146-48236_thumb.jpg post-23568-0-1446054146-52984_thumb.gif

th_0d3a2760258735.gif/monthly_01_2010/post-23568-0-1446054146-49733_thumb.jpg" data-fileid="3013830" alt="post-23568-0-1446054146-49733_thumb.jpg" data-ratio="132.13">a789f360259035.gif

scanned by Tessa86

OMG iceeagel. thanks so much for the link with such great pics@

600full-bar-refaeli.jpg

#last comment on the draft thing - yeah, well, if it's a matter of it being a national law, then also getting married to avoid the draft is apparently also legal (you call it a loophole and even so far to suggesting she committed criminal act but was not prosecuted because she was a semi-celebrity (at that point in her life) (!) - I doubt her family had such influence that they could get Bar off from being a criminal) so if someone takes advantage of it, what's the problem. As far as the parent of a kid who goes into the army, and how they feel, their child could have also made a choice to get married to avoid the draft - it's a matter of choice. Bar pays the consequences for her choice (consequences as people protesting again her, etc).I actually wonder how Esti was able to fully serve 2 years in the army like any other non-celeb at her age when she has a pretty successful modeling career.

I said she used the letter of the law (being married is a way to avoid service) to cynically ("I can get out of this if I do X") avoid service, which undermines the spirit of the law (not breaking up genuine married couples). I imagine she was not prosecuted for a number of reasons - and this is just a guess as I'm neither a lawyer or Israeli - presumably because it would be on them to prove that the marriage was not legitimate. It may be commonly accepted, but proving it beyond a reasonable doubt would be a chore/public relations nightmare and likely not worth it.

The point I was making is that any discussion of her alleged draft dodging should be framed in a different manner in which it was and usually is. The topic should not be whether or not Israel's mandatory service is fair - because it exists and Bar's motivations were selfish in nature, but whether or not her actions in avoiding the service are excusable.

If for example she refused to serve on the grounds that it was unjust - and then spent time, money, and effort in a public legal battle in which she potentially had to serve jail time - then discussions about the law itself would be appropriate. That's just one example to point out why I think there should be a distinction. Finally, it's misleading to say that it's a matter of choice - if it was than Israel would have an all-volunteer military.

I can take this to PM's if any moderators or Bar fans wish.

^ I think it is best if this discussion continues off the board to avoid any potential baiting or bashing ;)

On that note, Bar already did what she did. Why exactly did she do it? We all have our assumptions, speculations, accusations, theories, logic and etc. When it comes down to it only Bar knows. Whether or not she would ever explain herself is not a guarantee. Quite frankly it is really none of our business b/c it does not matter in the grand scheme of things. This issue does not affect many of us directly. Let's just accept the fact she did what did and move on :flower:

Just To Reiterate, Any Further Discussions Involving Bar & The Military Should Be Discussed Off The Board

These are really early modeling pics of Bar when she had brunette hair - she must have been like 16-17. There used to be a site, maybe still is, with a lot of them; even of her walking on runways in Israel.

No sightings of Bar or Leo NOWHERE. I guess that they are in Thailand when Bar have a photo shoot for "Granier", together.

I miss her... :blush:

Thailand for Garnier...? Hmm. ;) You are probably right, michal. Because since Mexico, we have no sightings, news or pictures reported of the two. If they found a secluded place to be with no paparazzi around, good for them! I bet the pictures of Bar in the new Garnier ad will be terrific! :)

No sightings of Bar or Leo NOWHERE. I guess that they are in Thailand when Bar have a photo shoot for "Granier", together.

I miss her... :blush:

Thailand for Garnier...? Hmm. ;) You are probably right, michal. Because since Mexico, we have no sightings, news or pictures reported of the two. If they found a secluded place to be with no paparazzi around, good for them! I bet the pictures of Bar in the new Garnier ad will be terrific! :)

I looked everywhere for news or info about Bar in thailand for Garnier. I wonder where michal found that info......

That pic with all that makeup is really weird. Bar doesn't need any or much make-up.. she dones't look that good when she has tons of makeup on.