Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

https://twitter.com/BarRefaeli/status/386501692218671104

I'm jealous of myself for having such amazing girlfriends! @ planet fun

What. That's not even a saying, "jealous of myself". Sounds so stupid. Kinda embarrassing imho.

I love Bar but there is an undeniable conceited streak that runs through most of her social media interactions.

Doesn't really matter to me as I'm not required to have a "real" relationship with her, I just admire her pictures from afar. :p

@sympathy and @natanael: I totally agree. I think she takes the cake for most conceited-sounding phrase in history. At least she was talking about her friends. But since she actually has a history of being this way so she probably just meant herself. Which is why I admire Bar's pics from from away too. Shame, I wish I could admire her for more than just her beautiful pictures. What's up with these models lately? (don't answer that)

I don't think she's all that different from other models, it's just that she is a bit more obvious/honest about it.

Models who show that side of themselves rarely get rewarded for it. Remember the insane backlash against Jessica Hart just because she said that regular Joes shouldn't bother hitting on her?

You really think 99% of models don't agree with that? :D

I'd actually appreciate such honesty from more models, but I fear it would hurt them too much in terms of image to all speak their honest mind.

"She has wonderful friends, she is so lucky ! I'm jealous of her because of wonderful friends"

If you modify 'She' with I "I have wonderful friends, I'm so lucky! I'm jealous of myself for wonderful friends"

To make it shorter, she simply wrote how lucky she is because of her friends. To me it sounds as humble attitude and an homage to people she loves.

A woman who has been cherished since she was born will develop a certain way.  You know, a lot of women tend to get particularly aggravated at other women who display themselves in this way.   There is something competitive and instinctual about these feelings.  They are right below the surface.

As a man viewing it from afar, it is more cute and amusing to me than anything else.  But of course, to be personally subject to conceit of others is never pleasant, and actually quite infuriating.

Bar? It's not one thing, just a lot of small remarks on her Twitter and social media in general that give her a bit of a conceited air.

Harper's Bazaar UKRomeo and Juliet 11.13

Max Von Gumppenberg & Patrick Bienert (Photographer)

Carine Roitfeld (Editor)

Stephen Gan (Creative Director)

Shay Ashual (Hair Stylist)

Piergiorgio Del Moro (Casting Director) 

post-47866-0-1446053363-63607_thumb.jpg