Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

Sorry, but Bar is way too voluptuous for the VS runways. Those girls are very skinny.

Exactly.

Erm, La Casta was just as voluptuous as Bar, if not more.

The emphasis on skinny girls is a recent (well more recent) development.

True but Casta has WAY more runway experience than Bar. Although I hope they'd make a special exception for her. But they never used Natalia Vodianova and she's more gorgeous than any VS model ever. I guess Lebron might be onto something when he said Bar is too expensive for VS. And its not like she's never done lingerie before so... :idk:

I's always been a little confusing to me why she did so little work for VS (even catalogue). I think she has always had one of the best bodies for swimwear and lingerie. Great soft feminine yet toned body, breasts and amazing butt, a clear waistline, a flat stomach etc.

Maybe she was too much of a Sports Illustrated girl or otherwise the chemistry wasn't there. There was also a time when her career was very much on the back burner (she seemed to be vacationing a lot, lost her green card etc.) so maybe she just didn't have the fire to push forward with Victoria's Secret. I think VS is one of those brands where loyalty counts for a lot. Look at Marisa Miller, Behati etc.

I think that since even after she walked for Louis Vuitton they didn't book her for the VSFS chances are very high she'll never walk their show. I don't know how she would be on the runway. However, they have had shorter models and even girls that maybe didn't have the longest legs. It's true that Victoria's Secret favours high fashion bodies. Barbara F. is their fit model etc. She might have worked on the runway though because old school Victoria's Secret models were very womanly compared with the cast nowadays and nobody booed them off the catwalk!

Bar is too famous for VS IMO, VS does not want anyone who could possibly outshine their Angels and if Bar ever sets foot on the VS runway she'll get more press attention that most of their Angels ... And she probably has a high rate too, rate high enough that VS probably doesn't feel like paying for a couple of catalog pictures, let alone to give her a contract. They're doing the exact same thing with Kate Upton right now