Bellazon

2016 SI Swimsuit

christine

3 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

They haven't announced the rookies yet, and it's supposed to be a "surprise" so they're not going to include them in any press releases yet. 

uhh thats true thanks! so they are probably going hopefully :)

what the?? its that true what Brooklyn said? i think not... SI swimsuit besides the web pics , vids and promos and everything it is an editorial, and models as far as i know get paid for editorials? when models are on photoshoot they usually post on instagram my office today or working , etc. 

It's like the VSFS. They do it for exposure and "status." And models get paid for editorials, but editorial work often doesn't pay well, neither does runway. (I've heard of models getting "paid" in clothes for those types of gigs, but I don't know how true that is.) The real money in modeling is in commercial gigs. 

My understanding is that models don’t usually get paid for editorials or runway shows or they get paid very little. (Only big name models can earn a lot doing runway shows.)

Being on the cover of a magazine or walking for a designer or shooting an editorial is great exposure so the idea is that you might get noticed from that and get booked for a campaign. Campaigns pay very well.

However, I don’t know if the models get paid to attend SI events or to promote the issue.

I hear that sometimes models get paid in trade i.e. they get to keep the clothes they wore on the runway but even that is not always the case because the designers might need the clothes after the show for photo shoots. It’s considered an honour to walk for a high fashion designer during Paris Fashion Week etc. The models hope that the designer will then book them to be a face of the brand.

Everything Brooklyn said it's true, SI, VSFS and Editorials don't pay you at all because they are free publicity for you and they lead to more jobs. The real money is in catalogs (VS, H&M, the likes pay big time), beauty contracts and endorsment deals. As for the models getting paid with clothes sometimes for doing runway shows that's also true, otherwise the pay is minimun or nothing at all.

Why do you guys think Adriana Lima, Gisele Bundchen, Candice Swanepoel, etc barely walk runways or do editorials? It's simply not worth their time. People think models don't work as much because they are not in demand, but it's not like that, they work less because it's just not worth it when you have a big contract that pays you a lot more for half of the work :idk: 

4 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

Part of me is like "Yaaaasss, free couture shoes" and then I remember shoes don't pay the bills. :rofl: I actually think I remember Ginta doing one of those FashionTV videos during fashion week, and leaving a show with a pair of shoes. 

Coco Rocha also said that most of the clothes are not in good condition so sometimes even that sucks.

And sometimes you get whatever outfit you wore for the show/shoot which is not even your goddamn size a lot of times, they just make a quick fix that lasts as long as they need it for the show, so not only it won't pay your bills but maybe it won't even fit you :rofl: