Bellazon

Alexandria Morgan
Thumbnail

alexandria-morgan-style-profile.jpg_w_1024_h_683.jpg

Most Stylish New Yorkers 2015 : Alexandria Morgan

It doesn’t take much to make 21-year-old model Alexandria Morgan happy. Give her a Shake Shack burger (with plenty of condiments) or a ticket to a Chicago Cubs game, and she’ll be just fine.

The Illinois native, who moved to New York in 2012 to study journalism at a small liberal arts school, got scouted last year and has most recently lent her bombshell looks to Guess ad campaigns. But when she’s not glammed up (and documenting it on her active Instagram account), she says she’s strictly a jeans-and-T-shirt kind of gal.

Tell me about your look.
My goal in life is to remain comfortable. I’m definitely not a heels girl, unless I have to wear them for work. I’m in simple jeans, a T-shirt, and sneakers, that’s it.

Who or what do you look to for inspiration, fashion-wise?
For style inspo, I love the look of the late ’90s/early 2000s movies, like the ones with Freddie Prinze, Jr. Low-riding jeans, Sketchers—it’s just so simple and cute. I love Stevie Nicks; I’m borderline obsessed. I also love Cindy Crawford in that Pepsi commercial—it’s goals for life. And the ’90s Guess ads are great for beauty inspo.

What do you like about New York City style?
Lots of black leather jackets. It’ll be 90 degrees outside, and there will still be people wearing leather jackets. I feel like that’s so very New York. And they usually have iced coffee in their hands.

What are some of your favorite places to hang out in New York?
I love thrifting; that’s like my favorite thing to do. The East Village has a lot of really great thrift shops and so does Williamsburg. L Train Vintage in the East Village has lots of good, old Levi’s and jeans. Eating-wise, I’m a Shake Shack addict. Burgers and fries, and I’m a happy girl.