Bellazon

2015 SI Swimsuit

christine

maybe a rookie can get a cover. If Lily got it as a rookie then it can happen again. I already know who I want for the cover Solveig.

Sara has a chance getting the cover too, she's pretty popular & was the rookie of the year.

^ Lily was a "rookie" when she got the cover but she is also a contracted Victoria's Secret model with a rock star husband and prominent familial relationships within the fashion industry. If you saw Lily on the cover and were curious to know more about so you googled her, you wouldn't have come across a bunch of weird, creepy blog posts by middle-aged men with nothing better to know with their lives than drool over young women, you would've stumbled across real articles and information from credible and reliable sources. Lily was, for the most part, already an established name in the industry when she got her cover even as a "rookie", so while she may have been a "rookie" for the magazine, anyone could've hardly considered her to have been "rookie" or relative-unknown within the business itself.

Solveig is an entirely different story. What has she done besides SASI? Some e-commerce stuff and maybe a couple of low-key editorials? Putting her on the cover as a rookie doesn't have the same draw as putting Lily on the cover did. If you were watching a news segment on SI and the reporter said "Starring Victoria's Secret model Lily Aldridge" or "Starring Lily Aldridge, wife of Kings of Leon frontman" as the cover model, I instantly would've been inclined to know more. But if they said "Danish SASI model Solveig Mork"... Ok, what makes her any different from every other Danish model? Why should I care?

I'm not trying to argue in favor of either one model over the other, I'm just saying that from a marketing stand point, putting Lily on the cover was a strategic move while putting Solveig, or really most other "rookies" for that matter, on the cover just doesn't make sense. Most "rookies" are just that when they start SI: industry rookies. Little knowns with maybe a strong commercial presence with maybe a few impressive credentials under their belt that make them lucky enough to get casted and sound interesting when SI makes the model profile videos and such. Which is why they don't get the cover: nobodies, as pretty as they may be, don't sell magazines.

As for this years cover, as much as I and everyone else hates to say, it probably gonna be Chrissy. Considering "All of Me" won 2014's nauseatingly overplayed song of the summer award and is probably still stuck in everybody's heads, it would make sense to put the muse on the cover if you're tyring to make bank, especially now that she's a returning cover girl. Heck, they might even decide to put a pun-ny tagline on the cover using a lyric from the song (they will). Plus, we've all talked about this before, SI loves Chrissy. She's not going anywhere until she decides to leave.

There are really only two other possibilities that I would even consider feasible if SI has half a brain: Lily or Gigi. Lily might be a strong contender if she does end up getting the Fantasy Bra at VSFS especially considering her status as a returning cover girl. Gigi has nearly 1M follows on instagram and has a lot of draw if they pair it up with the "Real Housewife's star's daughter" or the "best friend of Kendall Jenner" rouse.

^ Idk, even if Em does come back, I don't feel like the editors had as much of an affinity for her as they did for some of the other girls. It's like they didn't cast her because they like her and wanted to cast her, they only casted her because she was a high-profile, strategic marketing ploy.

^ Idk, even if Em does come back, I don't feel like the editors had as much of an affinity for her as they did for some of the other girls. It's like they didn't cast her because they like her and wanted to cast her, they only casted her because she was a high-profile, strategic marketing ploy.

thats true she was one of the last girls to do the photoshoot in the 2014 issue....by other hand i think she have already done her si 2015 shoot in hawaii....

I doubt SI would ever put Chrissy on the cover. Especially since she revealed during an SI promo this year that she doesnt know how to swim. How the heck could you have her on a SWIMSUIT magazine cover? It's Nina's year everybody!

I really can't tell if you're being serious or not but in the event that you are serious I also really don't see any correlation between being able to swim and being able to model swimsuits.

WORLD SWIMSUIT 31.10.14

CANDICE SWANEPOEL - FLASHBACK

Shot in 2005, catch a glimpse of a 17 year old Candice Swanepoel as she is shot in the Seychelles by renowned photographer Kevin Mackintosh for South African Sports Illustrated Swimwear.

Candice Swanepoel is now a world-famous supermodel but here we see her humble beginnings after she was first spotted in South Africa as a 15 year old. 

3w9QZ7ud.jpg rekT1Ljw.jpg

DEMN3StQ.jpg WAhcMuoS.jpg

Great.  Tell them to get Bar Refaeli's in HQ now.