Bellazon

2015 SI Swimsuit

christine

Friendly reminder about why Hannah could be getting the cover next year or eventually

Bar Refaeli inset in 2007 -> Cover 2009

Brooklyn Decker inset in 2009 -> Cover in 2010

Kate Upton inset in 2011 -> Cover 2012 & 2013

Hannah Davis inset in 2013 -> Cover soon ? 

Made a couple photos to illustrate the history of the inset models landing the cover.

Hannah-Davis-2015.jpg

2007-Bar-Refaeli.jpg

Brooklyn-Decker-2009.jpg

Kate-Upton-inset.jpg

What are the chances Kate Upton isn't in this years edition? I ask because the past year or so has been extremely disappointing for me in terms of her career. It seems SI is the only chance to see her in new photos that are revealing.

there have only been four editors.  jule campbell edited the magazine from the beginning until 1996.  the next year elaine farley took over and that was the first swimsuit edition that was 100% dedicated to swimsuits (all other issues still had sports articles in them).  tyra was on the cover.  elaine farley also did the 1998 issue with heidi on the cover. 

after that, diane smith took over in 1999.  mj day was assistant editor around that time; she was hired because she liked to travel, not because she had any experience with fashion or art.  diane smith edited the magazine until 2012.  mj took over beginning with the 2013 issue. 

so yeah, the comment about how the magazine turned around 15 years ago coincides with diane smith's reign, and now mj's, as she's largely maintained the approach diane had.

I think it also has to do with the fact that back in the 80's & 90's, models used to be a huge deal. You could put anyone on the cover and she would most likely be a known face to people or people would buy it anyway regardless of who was on the cover, now people doesn't know or care about models with the VS girls being an exception to the rule in the last decade and even them can't hold a candle to the old days in terms of popularity. 

Now the only way a model can make it it's either by a lucky strike like Kate Upton, by a lots of scandals like Cara Delevigne or by dating someone who is famous as it was the case with some of the mentioned SI models. Now you can just go Google and find hotter pictures and hotter women than the SI girls and for free so they do need to put on the cover someone who has bigger chances of selling more magazines for whatever reason it may be :idk:

And as far as Kate goes, I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't show up in the magazine, honestly she's not even in shape for it anyway.

Kate U seems like she wants to be an actress or WAG to baseball player with $100M+ contract. The way her body has changed so much and the fact that her weight gain somehow made her even more popular, she doesn't need SI unless she gets the cover.  Why bother with the hard work of modeling and having to diet and exercise to get campaigns and Vogue covers when you can force them to come to you just like the Kardashians and enners.  

I get why guys like her (or her heavily photoshoped version), heck I even liked her in her rookie year. She was cute and wasn't VS bony.  

She doesn't even seem that well liked by the other SI models. I could even sympathize with them. Her family is wealthy, her look isn't that unique, and she doesn't try maintain her shape resembling other models but one cover and her career took off.  

I think every model are interested in come back to the mag Only Kate could think that maybe and for me she is in...remenber guys that after the hawaii location they totally went mia for a couple of locations at that time Kate was kinda in better shape.

The rookies back confirmed by BZ are: Sara S ,lily A , Hannah F , Gigi H , Emrata and Chanel.

Probably back: Marloes , Samantha h and bregje.

Probably bye: cris urena , Valerie V and lauren mellor

Yes, Kate appears to be done with SI unfortunately.

But that leaves the door open for Kendall, and she totally fits the criteria laid out by Clauds :woot:

I also mentioned in previous post something Kendull lacks: A good body. She has an average face with a body that is as flat as a surfboard . To that add the fact that a lot of people hate her and her family and you get the reason why SI & VS haven't worked (and probably never will) with her. They avoid girls who are that polarizing, heck VS even turned down Cara this year after one too many scandals.

Cris Urena is 100% out me thinks, she just had a baby which means she was with a big belly during most of the shoots. 

No one is officially confirmed just by us and are : robin laughley , stephanie bertram rose , erin heatherton , solveig m , ashley smith and hailey clauson am i for getting someone?...theres gonna be more but we dont know yet.

i dunno if there will necessarily be more.  six rookies is about right.  in the 10 years from 2004 to 2013, there were six rookies per issue on average.  2014 was a bit of an aberration with 12 rookies.  i would expect they'll have both fewer models and fewer rookies this year.

our most recent list has 15 models returning and 6 rookies, which seems about right.  there were 24 models last year, the most ever.  the previous 10-year average was 18.5, so 21 total models for the 2015 issue seems in line.