Bellazon

General Celebrity Gossip

katchitup

Thank you! ^^

The Instagram modelling seems more random still. Can they really sustain a lifestyle by posting paid posts where they wear a bikini by a certain company and going on free vacations frolicking around in some beach location (to make it seem like the spot to be for the young and sexy)?

My guess is gamers who livestream are paid by game companies to play and review their games, use and review their products, and there can be ads during a livestream.

There seems to be a lot of money in “mommy lifestyle” Instagram accounts, blogs etc. But sponsored posts are more transparent there?

I'm not jealous or envious of those IG models, as they exploited a niche in the IG advertising market to make their money, good for them. I hope they have a plan B for when the IG trend and/or market shifts because that IG money ain't going to last forever.

9 minutes ago, Sanni said:

The Instagram modelling seems more random still. Can they really sustain a lifestyle by posting paid posts where they wear a bikini by a certain company and going on free vacations frolicking around in some beach location (to make it seem like the spot to be for the young and sexy)?

Yes in the short term, but not in the long term.

It does seem that many people who make a lot of money on social media and the like are those who started to use a certain platform early. And as earning money that way becomes more popular and mainstream, competition increases and it’s going to be much harder for beginners to reach those levels.

Haha, at first I thought you posted this on the football thread! :laugh:

Maybe to increase popularity (ultimately convert that to business opportunities/cash/fame)? I see the pic already has more likes than her other pictures.

On 6/17/2018 at 4:25 PM, Sanni said:

My guess is gamers who livestream are paid by game companies to play and review their games, use and review their products, and there can be ads during a livestream.

On Twitch (and Youtube now) the people who watch the stream can donate money during the stream.

Youtube has a system where you can pay to have your comment at the top of a chat box during a live stream, and that money goes to the creator. I was watching a Q&A live stream once, someone just talking about themselves and not even playing a game, and a viewer donated $500 to have their comment promoted. And this was a stream from a 30 year old dad, so I can imagine that female streamers who promote their sexuality get these kind of donations far more frequently.

A lot of creators also rely on Patreon now, which is a website that allows fans to pledge a monthly donation, often in exchange for exclusive content. It's usually a tiered system, so for example: $5/month will get you access to an exclusive stream, and $50/month would get you a personal shout out and maybe some merch etc. 

IG models have also started utilizing Patreon- I've seen girls who will release exclusive photoshoots for Patrons and things along those lines. 

@toodarnhot Thanks!! I had heard of Patreon via a spider channel on YouTube but never looked into what it means. The YouTuber said that he has had more success on Patreon than some bigger channels. So that could be a great way to make money regardless of the number of subscribers etc. And I can imagine especially female YouTubers possibly having some whales willing to shell big bucks. And in those cases, it doesn’t matter how popular you are to the masses, only if you have a few dedicated fans.

The tipping thing especially on Twitch must be golden for sexy female streamers… Because there are guys who have hang-ups about tipping cam models, but they jerk off to their favourite Twitch personalities and YouTubers.

• 1 month later...

Demi Lovato OD Not From Heroin

Demi Lovato did not OD on heroin ... so says a source connected to the singer.

TMZ broke the story ... law enforcement sources involved in the case told us it was an apparent heroin overdose, but the source close to Demi says no. 

The source would not reveal what drug caused her to OD, but as we reported she was given Narcan, which is used to counter the effects of opioids.

Lovato had previously struggled with cocaine and Oxycontin addictions but had been clean for 6 years. She recently confessed she fell off the wagon.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/24/demi-lovato-overdose-not-heroin/

• 2 weeks later...

Random thought I had today:

I imagine one of the worst things about being falsely accused of abuse is that the accusations will always receive significant attention but there is little (or no) attention paid once the accusations are shown to be false.

9 minutes ago, jkjk said:

Random thought I had today:

I imagine one of the worst things about being falsely accused of abuse is that the accusations will always receive significant attention but there is little (or no) attention paid once the accusations are shown to be false.

You should have thought of this on Day 1..

A problem with Metoo is that it empowers women to inappropriately use the sexist card in the workplace.  Not really so much in terms of claims of sexual harassment but accusations of male chauvinism by seeing things that aren't there due to stereotyping.   (Think of the phenomenon of male cops and their anti-black bias )   I have already seen this numerous times in the office, and well before metoo- it comes from the women that are constantly reading inflammatory material and it penetrates their heads, changing their worldview to a more paranoid type.  

Getting accused of sexism is harmful even if the man was acting in good faith and it was later discovered to be bullshit.

31 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

You should have thought of this on Day 1..

I didn't say I had never thought about it before today, just that it was something I thought about today.   :smile:

Today I was thinking about it more from the standpoint of the momentum of these types of situations. News reporting, for example, is always going to push the initial story and any retraction is going to be given less weight because the story of a particular person has lost impact. This is, of course, similar in other situations (work, school, etc.).

1 minute ago, jkjk said:

Today I was thinking about it more from the standpoint of the momentum of these types of situations. News reporting, for example, is always going to push the initial story and any retraction is going to be given less weight because the story of a particular person has lost impact. This is, of course, similar in other situations (work, school, etc.).

In psychology this is called "anchoring"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchoring