Bellazon

General Celebrity Gossip

katchitup

What a powerful couple they are.

Get to Know George Clooney's Fiancée, Amal Alamuddin
post-38290-0-1445991063-6064_thumb.jpg

Amal is the legal adviser to the King of Bahrain and also represents WikiLeaks head Julian Assange :ninja:

Vital Stats
Birthplace: Beirut, Lebanon
Languages: Fluent in English, Arabic, and French

Education
Amal studied at St Hugh's College at Oxford University and, in 2000, began law school at the New York University School of Law. While at NYC, she also worked as a student law clerk for the current Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, who was, at the time, a judge at the US Court of Appeals For the Second Circuit.

Professional Life
After graduating from NYU, she joined the litigation department of New York law firm Sullivan & Cromwell and practiced US and international law there for three years. During her time there, she represented clients in criminal investigations, including the criminal probe of Enron. Amal currently works for the Doughty Street firm in England and specializes in international law, human rights, extradition, and criminal law. Amal is the legal adviser to the King of Bahrain and also represents WikiLeaks head Julian Assange.

Published Work
Amal's work has been published in multiple books, including The Law and Practice of the Special Tribunal For Lebanon, which she coedited with Nidal Nabil Jurdi and David Tolbert.

Awards
During her time at NYU, Amal was honored with the Jack J. Katz Memorial Award, which is given to the student who has demonstrated the highest excellence in the field of entertainment law. She was also named one of the 21 hottest barristers in London in 2013 by the Tumblr blog Your Barrister Boyfriend.

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Engaged

Earlier this year, a source who has worked with Clooney, told PEOPLE: "He's with someone who is a very accomplished attorney. She isn't someone who is pursuing a career in acting or entertainment. She's on his level."

Hearing about this all I could think about was how she is so much more educated and seriously accomplished than he is and the idea that he would deign to marry her because she has a brain is hilarious. 

^ And then I read that.  :nicole:

In case you don't get what I am saying: I am saying she is way smarter than him and overqualified to be his wife.  (and no I don't think the age difference evens things out)

Peaches Geldof's  husband faces police quiz over fatal heroin supply as it's revealed she was obsessed with junkie U.S. singer Elliott Smith.

post-38290-0-85915400-1399026975_thumb.j

Police said they want to know who supplied Peaches (left) with the fatal class A drug, and it is understood her husband Thomas Cohen, 23, (pictured centre with the couple's children) may be questioned. Yesterday DCI Paul Fotheringham (top right) confirmed heroin 'contributed' to Peaches' death at her home in Wrotham, Kent (bottom right). It has also been revealed that Peaches became obsessed with the musician Elliott Smith (inset) in the days before her death.

Famous Italian designers Dolce & Gabbana Will Serve Eighteen Months in Jail for Tax Evasion After Their Appeal Was Denied

post-38290-0-67955100-1399030968_thumb.j

Get ready to do the jailhouse frock!

A Milan appeals court has upheld a tax fraud conviction against A-list designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, despite the prosecutor’s request to drop the case. However, the court did shave two months off the original suspended sentence, to a year and six months.

Defense layer Massimo Dinoia was critical of the court’s decision to ignore the request to dismiss and pledged to appeal to Italy’s highest court.

The designers, mainstays of Milan fashion, were convicted of failing to declare 200 million euros ($268 million) through a Luxembourg company. The prosecutor, in calling for dismissal, called the company “a legal operation.”

Dolce and Gabbana have denied tax evasion — and even shut down their Milan stores for three days last summer “in indignation” over a city official’s remarks about their conviction.

The design duo has dozens of high-profile celebrity fans (including Selena Gomez, Julia Roberts, and Madonna). Last year, they accompanied Katy Perry to the Met Gala (pictured), though it seems unlikely they’ll make an appearance at the ball on Monday.

You mean 'way smarter' than him in her specialty: her profession as a lawyer.   General intelligence and other things important in a relationship:  Not necessarily.

I would hope that she has a better general intelligence too.  Of course, he is going to know some things she doesn't but he is pretty political and when they talk about that subject he is going to be in over his head. I hope so anyways, I hope all that education and experience was worth something.   And yes, I think her career is related to politics.   I would bet that her knowledge of these things is what wowed him about her. 

And that'll wear off.  :sleep:

I agree, not that she's necessarily more intelligent or better at relationships than he is (as Cult Icon pointed out)... but in terms of status and prestige, I personally think she is way out of his league. He's a famous actor, that's it. He's charming and bright enough, and has gotten involved in some political stuff, but he hasn't remotely accomplished the type of stuff she has. Plus, anything "Hollywood" has an air of cheesiness that a lot of people in law and politics consider "beneath" them (regardless of how right they may or may not be).

Pretty funny that now HE is the Stacy Keibler in the relationship.. the arm candy that might not be quite up to snuff in certain social circles.

Famous Italian designers Dolce & Gabbana Will Serve Eighteen Months in Jail for Tax Evasion After Their Appeal Was Denied

attachicon.gifdolce-gabbana-300x400.jpg

Get ready to do the jailhouse frock!

A Milan appeals court has upheld a tax fraud conviction against A-list designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, despite the prosecutor’s request to drop the case. However, the court did shave two months off the original suspended sentence, to a year and six months.

Defense layer Massimo Dinoia was critical of the court’s decision to ignore the request to dismiss and pledged to appeal to Italy’s highest court.

The designers, mainstays of Milan fashion, were convicted of failing to declare 200 million euros ($268 million) through a Luxembourg company. The prosecutor, in calling for dismissal, called the company “a legal operation.”

Dolce and Gabbana have denied tax evasion — and even shut down their Milan stores for three days last summer “in indignation” over a city official’s remarks about their conviction.

The design duo has dozens of high-profile celebrity fans (including Selena Gomez, Julia Roberts, and Madonna). Last year, they accompanied Katy Perry to the Met Gala (pictured), though it seems unlikely they’ll make an appearance at the ball on Monday.

popsugar

IMO,they dereve it,I've been hearing about their tax evasion for years ,everytime they don't solve it properly.

I wonder if people will wear their clothes to the Met Ball now?  Kate Upton...

Question:  Why do people act like Peaches Geldof was more than a celebutante?  Because I am not British and I don't get why people seem so sad over it.

You mean 'way smarter' than him in her specialty: her profession as a lawyer.   General intelligence and other things important in a relationship:  Not necessarily.

I would hope that she has a better general intelligence too.  Of course, he is going to know some things she doesn't but he is pretty political and when they talk about that subject he is going to be in over his head. I hope so anyways, I hope all that education and experience was worth something.   And yes, I think her career is related to politics.   I would bet that her knowledge of these things is what wowed him about her. 

And that'll wear off.  :sleep:

Or maybe they're both gay. :D and this is just a show! 

I feel like this will make Lebron very happy smily%20new%20one.gifsmily%20new%20one.gif

Cody Simpson & Gigi Hadid Split (Exclusive)

Singer Cody Simpson and model Gigi Hadid have called it quits after nearly a year of dating, multiple sources confirm exclusively to JustJared.com.

“They’ve been on and off trying to make it work, but their schedules have made it quite difficult,” one source close to the couple told us. “They agreed that things were finally over on Thursday.”

Another source added that the split was “amicable and they’ll remain best friends.”

This has been a huge year for the two young stars. Gigi was recently featured in the 2014 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and will star in one of Miguel‘s upcoming music videos. Cody is coming off a successful run on Dancing with the Stars and recently released his “Surfboard” music video, which also starred Gigi.

Cody, 17, and Gigi, 19, made their last public appearance together less than two weeks ago at LA’s 2014 Radio Disney Music Awards red carpet.

http://www.justjared.com/2014/05/05/cody-simpson-gigi-hadid-split-exclusive/

- Report: Beyonce's sister attacked Jay Z in an elevator -

TMZ got ahold of this video that purports to show Beyonce's sister, Solange, assaulting Jay Z in an elevator at the Standard Hotel last week — all while Beyonce looks on. The altercation reportedly occurred after the Met Gala, though there is no explanation for what triggered the fight, nor confirmation from reps for any of those involved that it is indeed them in the security camera footage. -- Jon Terbush

Question #1: What the hell did Jay Z do to infuriate Solange to basically react like an animal?

Question #2: If Beyonce was there as seen in the vid why not defend your man or is she purposely staying out because he really f'ed up or just afraid of her psycho sister?

Question #3: Is Solange just a jealous women who's all ghetto? :D