Bellazon

Watching right now

Lolita

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the first five episodes of The Witcher season three. It's just not very good.

The writing is occasionally dire. But what stands out most is the fact that it all looks a bit cheaper than before (sets/costumes). Pretty clear that Netflix is no longer spending as much money on this as they once had.

I think I might be done after this season, not sure if I'm interested in seeing more of this if Cavill isn't even on the show anymore.

1 hour ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Finished the first five episodes of The Witcher season three. It's just not very good.

The writing is occasionally dire. But what stands out most is the fact that it all looks a bit cheaper than before (sets/costumes). Pretty clear that Netflix is no longer spending as much money on this as they once had.

I think I might be done after this season, not sure if I'm interested in seeing more of this if Cavill isn't even on the show anymore.

I heard netflix renewed witcher for s5...

Maybe Cavill's replacement could be better?  I find Cavill to be miscast even though I like him as an actor.

The director of the witcher is very aware of fans dislike of the show.  She claimed that she will make the show more like the books but she said that last time as well.  Blood origin was a failure.

Looking at reddit, the fan hype to the s3 show is exponentially less than in Season 2.

From the stills it looks like S3 covers events in book 2 and 3 (blood of elves, time for contempt)

I wonder how they will transition the actor change..

I have downloaded the first 5 episodes.  

There's also supposed to be a Ciri-spin off show by netflix about her time with a gang.

IMHO despite the show not being great, it doesn't make sense for Cavill to leave outside of ego & disagreements.  He's not superman anymore either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...