Bellazon

Watching right now

Lolita

On 3/22/2024 at 12:41 PM, Jade Bahr said:

It's very very good, very thrilling and of course very sad and sometimes tough/hard to watch. A plus: Overwhelmingly handsome cast.

Apple_TV_Masters_of_the_Air_key_art_grap

I started the show and got bored after 15 mins and haven't touched it since :clap: I watched "Tehran" instead. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2024 at 11:01 AM, Jade Bahr said:

Nothing will ever beat Travis Fimmels beast of a viking Ragnar Lothbrok

tumblr_np19npNaRm1rvekoro1_500.gifv

but this 2nd attempt is pretty watchable. I just have a thing for vikings and their culture.

MV5BMmZlYTQ3NjQtZmIxNC00MzA4LTg1NDgtMmEz

The New show has Frida G (high fashion model, was a top model for a while on BZ).

I am a big fan of the original Vikings series and Travis Fimmel.  It never pretended to be historically accurate (it is inaccurate) but is such an entertaining show with so many good scenes.  In a way I like it better than the second half of Game of Thrones.  The principal OG crew had great chemistry with each other.

His role as Ragner was epic and it seems to have been the highlight of his career.  Like a perfect fit.  One of my most favorite roles in film/tv.  He was in a bunch of other things afterwards but seemed out of place .

On 3/22/2024 at 6:41 AM, Jade Bahr said:

It's very very good, very thrilling and of course very sad and sometimes tough/hard to watch. A plus: Overwhelmingly handsome cast.

Apple_TV_Masters_of_the_Air_key_art_grap

The previous two in the trilogy are among the best WW2 creations of all time (Band of Brothers and the Pacific) as they closely follow actual history books & memoirs.  

I don't like the cast for this new film compared to the previous ones at first glance but I can see that there is a commitment to the book that it is based off of.   I also don't like how they made the pilots too good looking and glamorous compared to real life.

American airmen suffered horrifying losses in WW2,  hundreds of thousands of men were casualties.

5 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

The New show has Frida G (high fashion model, was a top model for a while on BZ).

She's actually really good.

6d0b028d4c58a0cfb74c2eb13a293cbc0d65ca44

I am a big fan of the original Vikings series and Travis Fimmel.  It never pretended to be historically accurate (it is inaccurate) but is such an entertaining show with so many good scenes.  In a way I like it better than the second half of Game of Thrones.  The principal OG crew had great chemistry with each other.

I never managed to finish VIKINGS after Travis left. Believe me or not I tried it - 2 times.

His role as Ragner was epic and it seems to have been the highlight of his career.  Like a perfect fit.  One of my most favorite roles in film/tv.  He was in a bunch of other things afterwards but seemed out of place .

He was really good in

1849e93dfde86bd4f8f421ac3469507a.jpeg

(also GREAT show)

and

black-snow_974355.jpg

(another very good thrilling show)

I still have to watch

f35a587a8166b19c8b9687b7f617346b.jpg

but since HBO Max canceled this one in the middle of the story I'm not really motivated (even though the ratings are superb).

But I agree he has some very strong mannerism as an actor which he seems to can't shake off. For some roles that makes him outstanding for others limited.

12 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

The previous two in the trilogy are among the best WW2 creations of all time (Band of Brothers and the Pacific) as they closely follow actual history books & memoirs. 

Already on my watchlist both of them :p

12 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

American airmen suffered horrifying losses in WW2,  hundreds of thousands of men were casualties.

I found the show and characters so interesting I watched the documentary

0972030.jpg

about the real pilots and their fates right after. I also think the show made it very clear there's no fun in war and those guys were mostly -sadly- just used as cannon fodder. So I guess apple made something right.

I also think it's kinda shocking how the americans managed to be outraged about how the nazis treated "not aryan" mostly jewish people -don't get me wrong what the nazis did, their orchestrally planned mass murders in those concentration camps defined the title 'unhuman monsters' new- but for example black US pilots weren't allowed to fly with white US pilots heck they weren't even allowed to stay in the same pilot camps - among other racist behaviour also years before and after this terrible war. Looks to me like those proud americans learned very little about humanity/to not seperate and treaten others like they're worth less just like the nazis did but claiming at the same time how they "free" people and the world. Yeah, certain people maybe. At least "this issue" is addressed here I guess that's a start.

In 2013 I started to watch "Pretty little liars" while I was working in a Dentisth clinic. It is interesting, drama, thriller and horror, but timetables changed and I had to let to another times. But I want to watch it in the morning, afternoon... Yesterday I can't sleep with the ending!!!!!!

So, this evenings, after class and my rituals before sleep, I am going to watch "How I met your mother". This one is very interesting, but it was 2008 snd my timetables(10  or more hours working with bad salary) were uncompatibility too, and not all chaptels were available, so I stopped...

But now I prefer watch past series, all complete, from start to finish. 

1.jpg descarga.webp

On 4/9/2024 at 7:34 AM, Jade Bahr said:

She's actually really good.

6d0b028d4c58a0cfb74c2eb13a293cbc0d65ca44

I never managed to finish VIKINGS after Travis left. Believe me or not I tried it - 2 times.

He was really good in

1849e93dfde86bd4f8f421ac3469507a.jpeg

(also GREAT show)

and

black-snow_974355.jpg

(another very good thrilling show)

I still have to watch

f35a587a8166b19c8b9687b7f617346b.jpg

but since HBO Max canceled this one in the middle of the story I'm not really motivated (even though the ratings are superb).

But I agree he has some very strong mannerism as an actor which he seems to can't shake off. For some roles that makes him outstanding for others limited.

I saw part of Raised by the Wolves S1 and I thought him to be really out of place, he behaved somewhat like Ragner.. there was also two feature films that he was in where he didn't stand out (Warcraft and some Aussie movie).  I then started thinking that he was playing himself as Ragner...?  Yeah he has unusual mannerisms and voice that make me think that it was Ragner in everything.

I didn't see the other two shows, I suppose he was more different there?

The Vikings show degraded in quality after Season 4 to me but I still watched it.  (Still better than the final 2 seasons of GOT).  Ragner really held the show together.  I recall that the director originally only wanted Travis to play the role for 1 or 2 seasons but he was so good that his storyline was dragged out and the stories of his children were pushed further back. 

I saw an interview in his home after he left the show and he appeared to be quite depressed, he even considered on leaving show biz for farming.

The next set of characters weren't as good as the OG crew and some of the degrading of the crew in later seasons weren't to everybody's liking.  I haven't seen Valhalla.  Frida G. is very much a viking super-beauty as it is..

You may like the new show Shogun.

WPNXoR_4f.jpg

I have started watching it and am surprised at its high quality, it's set up like a Japanese version of Game of Thrones/Vikings.  The Japanese cast they use are seasoned actors from Japan.

On 4/9/2024 at 7:47 AM, Jade Bahr said:

Already on my watchlist both of them :p

I found the show and characters so interesting I watched the documentary

0972030.jpgabout the real pilots and their fates right after. I also think the show made it very clear there's no fun in war and those guys were mostly -sadly- just used as cannon fodder. So I guess apple made something right.

I also think it's kinda shocking how the americans managed to be outraged about how the nazis treated "not aryan" mostly jewish people -don't get me wrong what the nazis did, their orchestrally planned mass murders in those concentration camps defined the title 'unhuman monsters' new- but for example black US pilots weren't allowed to fly with white US pilots heck they weren't even allowed to stay in the same pilot camps - among other racist behaviour also years before and after this terrible war. Looks to me like those proud americans learned very little about humanity/to not seperate and treaten others like they're worth less just like the nazis did but claiming at the same time how they "free" people and the world. Yeah, certain people maybe. At least "this issue" is addressed here I guess that's a start.

Saving Private Ryan, Band and Brothers & the Pacific have a huge cultural impact- The computer game series "Call of Duty" (biggest shooter franchise in the world) started off by simply adapting the scenarios in the miniseries/film.  In particular the cast for Band of Brothers was very good and iconic.  When the show came out, the WW2 generation was dying off and seeing its swansong.

Yeah, Allied Bomber pilots and Infantrymen suffered the worst losses in WW2 compared to everything else.  Basically getting assigned to these functions was a very high chance of injury or death.

Yes there was a great deal of racism in the 1940s and for decades afterwards before the Civil Rights Act.  And there is still racism now. 

Besides Blacks being considered a sub-human underclass (and by law in parts of the country) Asians were imprisoned in detainment camps just because the nation was at war with Japan.

Well, as the United States is steadily declining in the world on all fronts, its days of empire are fading away- ultimately as a short-lived and not very good one.  If it was a better country we would not be in the bad position we are today.

I don't know where you are from, are you European?

7 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

I saw part of Raised by the Wolves S1 and I thought him to be really out of place, he behaved somewhat like Ragner.. there was also two feature films that he was in where he didn't stand out (Warcraft and some Aussie movie).  I then started thinking that he was playing himself as Ragner...?  Yeah he has unusual mannerisms and voice that make me think that it was Ragner in everything.

I watched Warcraft back then even in cinema (mostly for Travis lol) and was suprised how much I liked it actually. I think most movies based on video games are mostly something between poor and medicore at best. On the other hand I never played a video game once in my life so I'm not really knowing what I'm talking about 😄 But I can't remember thinking he was too much Ragnar here. But it's been years I have seen it don't know how I would think about it today.

I didn't see the other two shows, I suppose he was more different there?

Boys swallos universe is a crazy, bloody, weird, brutal and yet heart warming journey with outstanding interesting absurd aussie characters so that Travis natural awkwarkness can practically disappearing because everything is highly awkward and bizarre if that makes any sense. If you haven't watched the show I can highly recommend. Everything about it is just amazing from story, to characters, to cast etc.

He's playing a troubled detective in Black Snow so he can still work with his very own quirks without falling off the characters grid but at the same time it's probably his most decent/likeable role ever. The show also not just manage to play in 2 time levels but being a captivating criminal case with a moving coming-of-drama + australian history lesson. The series focuses on the history of slavery in Australia. In the mid-19th century, tens of thousands of Pacific Islanders were brought to Australia to work, sometimes to the death, in the sugar cane fields. It's the kind of historical lesson you never know you needed lol I would love to see him doing another season/case.

I saw an interview in his home after he left the show and he appeared to be quite depressed, he even considered on leaving show biz for farming.

I could be wrong but I think he never really liked the idea of fame aka being in the spotlight of any kind of attention.

You may like the new show Shogun.

WPNXoR_4f.jpg

I have started watching it and am surprised at its high quality, it's set up like a Japanese version of Game of Thrones/Vikings.  The Japanese cast they use are seasoned actors from Japan.

I put it on my watchlist asap.

6 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Saving Private Ryan, Band and Brothers & the Pacific have a huge cultural impact- The computer game series "Call of Duty" (biggest shooter franchise in the world) started off by simply adapting the scenarios in the miniseries/film.  In particular the cast for Band of Brothers was very good and iconic.  When the show came out, the WW2 generation was dying off and seeing its swansong.

I was way too young when those movies/shows came out. I watched Saving Private Ryan at one point of course and thought it was horribly realistic in showing how the war might haven been for the men who had to fight - even though I'm pretty sure nor a movie or show come ever close to the real horror of those events, but ya know what I mean.

6 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

I don't know where you are from, are you European?

Yes, I come from Europe (germany to be exactly). Not everything is great here either, but sometimes I feel like we are all so spoiled and complaining while on a very high level of comfort. Can't speak for everyone of course. So maybe it's just me.

On 4/12/2024 at 8:21 AM, Jade Bahr said:

I was way too young when those movies/shows came out. I watched Saving Private Ryan at one point of course and thought it was horribly realistic in showing how the war might haven been for the men who had to fight - even though I'm pretty sure nor a movie or show come ever close to the real horror of those events, but ya know what I mean.

Yes, I come from Europe (germany to be exactly). Not everything is great here either, but sometimes I feel like we are all so spoiled and complaining while on a very high level of comfort. Can't speak for everyone of course. So maybe it's just me.

I wish that it was politically correct to do films from the German perspective.  The problem with German POV war films is that they always have a huge political bias rather than trying to present things as they historically were.  

What filmmakers do in film/TV is 'condense' battles for the camera.  So most of it does not look like what historical records say.  The achievement of the crew that did BOB/Pacific/MOA/SPR is that they make compromises with what happened vs what is filmable, leading to a pretty good result.

Real WW2 combat has the troops spread widely apart (not very filmable) outside of assembly areas, also the fighting takes place over the course of days typically rather than within minutes.  There is a lot of positional fighting that creeps forward rather than very rapid movement.  The vast majority of men are casualties due to artillery & mortar fire rather than bullets.  

On SPR film, the Omaha beach had around 2,000 American casualties in a pretty small area so it was a killing field so to speak.

On 4/12/2024 at 8:01 AM, Jade Bahr said:

I watched Warcraft back then even in cinema (mostly for Travis lol) and was suprised how much I liked it actually. I think most movies based on video games are mostly something between poor and medicore at best. On the other hand I never played a video game once in my life so I'm not really knowing what I'm talking about 😄 But I can't remember thinking he was too much Ragnar here. But it's been years I have seen it don't know how I would think about it today.

Boys swallos universe is a crazy, bloody, weird, brutal and yet heart warming journey with outstanding interesting absurd aussie characters so that Travis natural awkwarkness can practically disappearing because everything is highly awkward and bizarre if that makes any sense. If you haven't watched the show I can highly recommend. Everything about it is just amazing from story, to characters, to cast etc.

He's playing a troubled detective in Black Snow so he can still work with his very own quirks without falling off the characters grid but at the same time it's probably his most decent/likeable role ever. The show also not just manage to play in 2 time levels but being a captivating criminal case with a moving coming-of-drama + australian history lesson. The series focuses on the history of slavery in Australia. In the mid-19th century, tens of thousands of Pacific Islanders were brought to Australia to work, sometimes to the death, in the sugar cane fields. It's the kind of historical lesson you never know you needed lol I would love to see him doing another season/case.

Oh thanks for this.  I don't know that much about Travis' later work.  So it appears that he has found success after Vikings as well. 

16 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

The problem with German POV war films is that they always have a huge political bias rather than trying to present things as they historically were. 

Can you name a few movies?