Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Brandiexoxo

I have an admission to make as a new member on here, I stumbled across Bellazon while reading some VS news on the shoutbox on VSholic and seeing someone mention MissLimaVzla and calling her like an "Adriana loving Forum Terrorist" but that couldn't be further from the truth you guys are all actually super nice on here, hope to post on here more often even though the show had just ended yesterday. Y'all are like my little VS Appreciating Forum Family because god knows no one where I'm from has the slightest clue about modelling or the show, if I had even mentioned someone other than Adriana Lima or Candice Swanepoel it would fall on deaf ears I swear. Xoxo Gossip Girl... Er I mean RaffyPooh  :wave:

(1) I feel the same as Raffy and Georgia with regard to having no one to talk to where I live about models. It's great to have this forum :)

(2) I just watched that pre-show with Monica - wow, was she awkward/fake!  That was painful to watch!

(3) I actually really like the holiday commercial!  Already downloaded the song from it - "Waiting Game" by Banks.  I love the Parisian atmosphere, love that it's set at night, and think the girls all look really pretty in it.

The girls they included for this year's cast were terrible. Period. No discussion about it. And the performers too.

The only model that shined for me was Doutzen, not overdone, and she didn´t even get that much screen time, I also liked Lily and Madga (but the editing gosh) :( Adriana and Ale were okay, nice to still see them around but last night I noticed how they just blend with the current roaster of girls, and I don't like that. They have history with VS and they don't set apart from the crowd? Being honest besides VS they haven't done anything to back up their career, Heidi - Project Runway, Tyra-ANTM, I wonder what will happen after they leave VS. That's their life right there.

I think the people behind the show needs to be reminded that this is a fashion show not a parade! 

Loved Valentino (omg!) and that Naomi moment is legendary :D

VS is not what is used to be and I'm deeply saddened by that. But I can always go watch previous shows with the greatest supermodels. 

Totally agree with this, Gustavsson!  Also agree with your comment about the current girls not having great chemistry - it doesn't help that VS sits them together for interviews. Regarding the fact that VS is basically all Alessandra and Adriana have - this is a big complaint of mine.  I liked it when VS chose models who were well known for a variety of projects (Gisele, Heidi, Tyra, Naomi) and not just VS.  VS should be trying to get the top models right now, not focusing on branding its Angels.

Could not agree with you more regarding the parade comment as well as the comment about the models and performers for this year.  While watching Fall Out Boy, I just kept thinking about how much classier and more fitting Seal was in the '05 show.  And certain segments of this show seriously started to give me a headache with all the colors and commotion.   :(

this is my first time comment in here and i know im late because i have to watch the show again and again. i love this year show better than last year show however some segments still need improvement.

british invasion for first segment with candice opened the show, she looks good on that but i prefer when she open ballet segment so fierce and powerful but she need another supporting outfits beside only gloves. i really upset with adriana outfit there with that silly panties and the wings are really did not match. then i love cara outfit so simply wit blue sequin bra, when i saw devon's picture with rock outfit i guess she gonna be rock especially with her hair colors she so unique but she look totaly nervous. then i love ho to lily d. pose. actually i hate taylor speak in the middle of the show, she is on the fashion show not stewardess explaining in plane

shipwrecked is my favorite segments sooo romantic for me the song fit really well and slow mo help to get the feel, doutzen, ale, candice they always know how to walk. lily aldridge is really completely different there she improved her walk so much that best walk so far keep it girls.

parissian night, no doubt, adriana knows how to do it, love her red wings (beside red is my fav colors :thumbsup: ) ale's wings better than music wings, one again i love cara outfit black and yellow are really fit and match but her pose.. idk she like confuse how to do when she on front. erin ohh erin she look so bored she didnt show her best same when she on birds on paradise. brbara wings are too long and yes she better without Eiffel tower even the theme is paris.

next is birds of paradise, little drama before the segments but lais deserve to get it so i dont really matter. jacquelyn looks better than in pink, magdalena always know how to play with her outfits i really love her. so many people commenting maria borges, but for me she really good there, her skin tone and outfit really blend together.

pink network, yes the outfit was terrible and awful and i think too childish with big OMG, watermelon, heart, ice cream, come on who actually pink target market are? college girls right? but that outfit make it look high school and junior high school. by the way i love the song by neon jungle that was suit for walk.

last segments snow angels maybe upgrade segments for glacial goddess, woowww sui he like swan there so cute, almost all the outfits are really good and suitable for the theme, but for maryna, she really deserve got more than one outfits, her walk was so fierce and powerfull. for magda's outfits make her look drown and do you feel magda's belly look bigger or it was because outfits details?

but overall i enjoy the show i already download it and time to watch the show for million time hahaha lol

poor magda, the outfits really make her down, with bloody pants (idk it is true or not), she sink in her robe, that's not best outfits choice for her. she is amazing model, she always know how to play with her outfits, but in snow angels sorry that was big mistake.

I have a feeling that Ale won't be an Angel next year, Why she wasnt in snow angels :cry2: And I also feel bad for Erin, she looked sad and her smiles looked all fake and only 2 outfits for her, She will be the next Izabel Goulart who deserves to be an angel again  :ermm:

Valentino and his glowstick >>> everyone

This part had me in stitches. It was the most greatest thing i've ever seen.

After watching the show a few times I have to say it's actually really good. Not the best obviously but I don't know it flowed a lot better. Still the usual fake VS stuff in between segments but it felt about the models except for too much Taylor in Snow Angels. But that was expected. VS just need to organise themselves more. Keep it simpler and get the music a bit better. The music was ok but could've been better.

I think there are some models who need a bit more attention and others who don't. I love Izabel but if she is back next year she needs to do something different. Every year she does the same thing and it's kinda getting old. I think Lily is here to stay. She has really improved and VS are using her a lot more. She does the best at VS events and looks amazing in commercial and catalogue work.

Karlie is just divine. I really love her. She was amazing in the christmas commercial and has great personality on the runway. And comparing from 2011 to now you can see her body has changed. She gained more weight which is fantastic. I do want a shake up with the Angel line up.

I would say bye to Alessandra and Lindsay. I was close to thinking Adriana should go but after this year she needs to stay.

I want Doutzen forever but who knows what VS will do with her.

Eventually I liked it, as always, but the time when the camera was on each girl seemed less to me as earlier, just a half second. I didn't like the FOB and the opening. And my favourites, who I picked after the pics changed totally. For example IMO Izabel Goulart in motion was ridiclious this time with her head shaking. What saved the show for me is Doutzen's  indescribable beauty, and Lily and Behati's natural and funny moments. The music was OK. I just missed some energy and some sexyness and glamour. The girls were beautiful, the clothes/lingerie were great, so I will watch it again. 

.... either my eyes are playing tricks, or they didn't blur the monthly issue lmao

They didn't, girl. I was watching for that shit too. :rofl:

THIS.

This is why I love you both so much, I knew I couldn't possibly be the one one looking for this to happen and went DAMN at it :rofl:

Just spotted this. Awkward!

Cara looked like she didn't know what to do at the end of the runway...

I thought the same :ninja:

I loved Adri, Behati, Lais, Monika (OMG her walk :Angel: ), Elsa, Sara, Maryna, Jourdan, Magda and Doutzen of course.  I'm getting tired to see the same pose from Izabel like.. every year. I don't like how Taylor "danced" and it seems like all that Cara can do on the runway is give high fives (at least she was beutiful in her outfit this year) and Caroline Brasch.. I love that girl for high fashion but God, she can't smile :ninja: she has to stay far far away from VS.

Lot of girls get so little attention, too many models I guess, but I enjoyed the show :hehe:

In all seriousness though, the show was good. Not amazing but pretty good.

I give it a 8/10 - It was fun and more lols than the past five shows together. I'm just curious to see what somebody form the outside thinks about it, someone who doesn't give a shit about the models and all that crap we all bitch about.

My mom Jeanne, 66 years old but looking barely 50. She watched the show with me and that was so funny to listen to her comment on the girls. She fell for Behati & Doutzen and think Candice was looking very weird (body & face). She thought Candeedee and Lindsay & Erin & all the blonds were actually the same girl & she is the one whom noticed Lily change of nose and asked why she changed a pretty nose to the Micheal Jackson one? She said things about Ale and -poor- Karlie that I can't say here because that would be bashing & to my big surprise, I have stand up for  Ale :mellow:  because damn, mama was cruel!  She said unpleasant  things about Adriana's teeth (smile) and voice. I have defended her teeth but for the voice I had to agree. She thought all the girls needed to eat because they were all superskinny (that's my maman! :PinkCouture2: )

post-19830-0-1446071216-89017_thumb.gif

She basically did not understand why half of the girls were models ? (are the models ugly now?)

But she loved the lingerie/outfit & even "pink" (shame on you Jeanne!)

I can't tell everything she said because you will have to change the name of the thread to "VSFS 2013: what Jeanne thought of it" but for me & for once, the VS show was really pleasant to watch.