Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Brandiexoxo

Thoughts on the show:

BI: Candice's opening was definitely an improvement over her 2011 opening with the ballet segment, more upbeat but I don't think it beats Adriana opening the Parisian Nights segment. Taylor Swift talking during that segment was awful, really messed up the models' tempo and her walking on the runway as if she was an angel was excessive.

Shipwrecked: before watching the show, that was one of my favorite segments in terms of outfits. Now that I've seen the show I thought that was one of the more boring segments, the slow-mo really didn't help and all of the outfits start to blend together in this yellow/beige/blue-ish mesh of boredom. The fact that the models were pretty much doing the same poses/playing with the fabric didn't help either.

Parisian Nights: Adriana definitely shines there!! Love seeing her wings and outfit from the back, and then she turns and its BAM! Less excessive in terms of pointing and acting silly. Also loved Doutzen, Lais, and Kelly during this segment. Cara looked like she didn't know what to do at the end of the runway... The lingerie was nice, but VS needs to stop with the silly hats, and the silly gloves too. Cara looked like she was about to do some serious scrubbing and Barbara's outfit would have been better without the Eiffel Tower hat IMO.

Birds of Paradise: The music works really nice in this segment, and I like how Fall Out Boy wasn't all over the runway, ogling or getting in the models way. Loved Lais' opening walk, but her outfit was one of my least favorite in that segment. The sleeve/wing thing was just a tad too bizarre. My favorite looks were probably Erin and Ale's. Speaking of Erin, she looked did not look like she wanted to be there... Loved Maria Borges in that segment, her walk and her that lingerie on her dark skin looked perfect!

PINK: Don't know if the editing of this segment was worse than the Shipwrecked segment. I hated how jumpy it was, performers-model-performers... We barely got to see the girls' walks. The outfits were so awful, but I think Elsa and Sara managed to stand out. Valentino stole the show though. Whatever happened to the pink dog?

Snow Angels: Behati was a great opener, and yes, I was sick of the third shot of Adam (it's even worse because just two shows ago he was all over Anne V). I loved most of the outfits during this segment but I didn't like Karlie's - it looked too different from the other ones and I don't think that really suited her 6'1" body. Also Magda, what are you doing up front during the finale (you're not an angel :p)

Featurettes:

opening credits - including Elsa seemed so random, especially since she only got one outfit during the show. VS gets a chance to show how little they care about diversity;

the angels' first show - has been done too many times; the shipwrecked one: thought it was pretty cute, with the girls paired up;

the Barbara segment - really random, wondered why they chose to include her;

the Lais segment - was a little too dramatic, but I teared up when I saw Lais crying (TOO CUTE!), also Behati's BSing was so lame with her saying that she felt bad and cut to her opening with Lais' outfit all happy and stuff;

the Adriana segment - pure kickass-ness, loved seeing Adriana box. Also, how cool is it that her boxing instructor has a BAMF eye-patch?

the Cara segment - didn't really care much for it, it was like two minutes worth of showing how goofy Cara is (we get it!)

the holiday commercial behind the scenes - I really liked this feature, but I feel like it's partly because it showed Paris a lot more than the holiday commercial did

Favorite models: Adriana, Doutzen, Lais, Elsa, Sui He, Maria, Sara, Lily D, Constance, Magda, Karlie (judge me but I love her walk)

Casting comments: I am glad they finally stopped casting Anja and Liu Wen (who I thought of as the Asian version of Anja). Their facial features are just too rough and their bodies have so little sex appeal - IMO much more well suited for high fashion than VS. Wished they used less fillers and I definitely missed Shanina Shaik!!

Other comments: 

I hated the editing :( I watched the trends of the VSFS features that were posted on the other thread and I enjoyed actually seeing the girls walk!! I felt really bad for Alessandra, she didn't get to open/close any segments and she was almost forgotten about in the finale. I think it's time for her to hang up her angel wings, but I can't imagine VS' angel line-up without her. One more thought: TOO MANY CORSETS. Some of the girls with the best bodies got covered up. WHY?

Gonna do another analysis of the show since my first one was just a mess.

British Invasion:

- Contrary to the crazies' opinion Candice's entrance was not better than Gisele's 2005 but I don't think it has much to do with her energy or presence on the runway, her fantasy bra look was very bare, we saw that amazing crown during fittings that she didn't wear, I think that would have added a little more pizazz along with beautiful regal red cape or some sort of wings, Gisele didn't have that much on her in 2005 either but the music and her "funny" little red wings just tied everything in.

- Behati can't really find anything wrong with her loved her from the start, only thing I don't love is her taste in men. (Adam Levine =  :yuckky: )

- Lily D looked great, I wish everyone could just walk around the office and down the street looking like that in that suit.

- Cara Cara Cara... I like her. I like her look football is a big thing over the pond. But I watched with baited breath as she walked down the the end of the runway thinking she'd take the ball and punt it out into the crowd, 10 extra points if she can hit Valentino or Amy Poehler (CEO of VS)

- Then Taylor Swift walks out onto the stage, proceeds to spank Cara on the butt showing that little move they must of rehearsed for hours backstage. I couldn't tell if there was a back track playing behind but their vocals all sounded very raw and unedited which was kind of underwhelming for a song like "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark"

- Barbara is seen right after her, What can I say she's become one of my favorites ever since Calender Girls last year, when I first saw the still shot of her look a month ago I HATED it, but seeing it in motion she looks amazing, her skin against the white of the outfit looks so good and her body is just spot on, I can't find anything bad to say about this girl.

- Jourdan comes out, that girl is sassy is all I can say, liked her outfit and her little riding crop, her pose was definitely a lot better than the robot in Pink the year before.

- Karlie is looking great, the shorter hair really suits her. It looked too thin and stringy when it was longer on her debut year in the show and it's one of the reasons why I didn't warm up to her right away.

- Switch to a scene of Adriana doing 200 Hail Mary's before she hits the runway and I immediately get flashbacks of Naomi Campbell doing the same in 2003 before she walks out

post-84648-0-1446071214-25639_thumb.gif

-Kasia is walking but no one seems to notice because Taylor Swift feels the need to introduce her "friends" and so she gets a solid 4 seconds of airtime and is then never seen again, great outfit, bonus points for being Polish.

- Adriana is seen doing her thing hitting her mark just as the introduction ends and the song starts again, like the theme and the outfit she looks great her body is on point, no more belly from last year but who can blame her she just had a baby.

- Cindy meh

- Devon walks out and I start getting flash backs from the recurring nightmares I still get from Dewi Driegen and her bleach blonde eyebrows. Rock on she's awesome and the guitar is rad.

- Lily A walks out and it's like we're looking at a completely different model, confident, struts her stuff down that runway, and for once the model is wearing the clothes and not the other way around.

- This was my least favorite segment in the show but I felt compelled to go into detail on each girl just for the sake of each girl having a completely different look from the next.

Ship Wrecked:

- Love this song I've probably played it a couple thousand times now, vocals were great, takes me back to Bruno Mars' Young Girls from the year before.

- Monica Mitroe must have been steering the ship because we see images of the sahara desert playing in the background and we all know if anything can crash a ship completely out of water it's her.

- Doutzen backstage, takes me back the a much younger Doutzen in 2008 singing along to Chris Brown in Ballet De Fleur, she looks radiant and not manish at all, if she wants to work out and have a killer body I say go for it she looks amazing in my eyes.

- Slowly warming up to Toni Garrn, her look was simple but it got the job done. 

- Sui He walks out and gives everyone a big heart (Thank god she didn't do her little hula dance again god bless her)

- Behati walks out and we get our stock shot of Adam cheering her on, I almost feel like Anne V is gonna burst out of her back any second and reveal herself.

- Lily comes out with her much better walk and Rosie's old outfit from country girl's except it's Ship Wrecked so it's a little ripped and tattered and slightly dirty at the bottom.

- Martha Hunt, she's pretty better get used to her she's probably gonna be around for a while.

- Sigrid (filler blonde)

- Seeing a whole lot of Corsets in this segment, shame these girls put in all of that work at the gym and we can barely see it.

- Skip to Constance, her body looks amazing, her tan is amazing which just makes her body look even better, and I'm sort of perplexed by the wings I like them and hate them at the same time.

- Side Note: I hear my sister starting up the 2005 show in the background and thank the lord, I've finally converted her she'll eventually become a VS maniac like me.

The Deserted Island scene is hilarious, I need to find a gif of Adriana saying "A knife" with that blank stare that was literally the highlight of the show, along with Behati saying "I can build a fire I'm from Africa!" and then Adriana remarking with her cute accent saying "I don't think anyone is coming"

Barbara Fialho gets her own little spotlight being the looks model for VS, she holds a special place in my heart so I'm almost crying when she gets her little black wings in Parisian Nights, takes me back to Chanel getting her first wings in Heavenly Bodies. I repeat this girl can do no wrong in my eyes.

Parisian Nights

- We hear the sexy little saxophone bit at the beginning and Adriana getting ready for the best entrance this year, nothing compares it's badass she knows how to hold the crowds attention.

- I had really hoped Doutzen's Boa would be a different color all I had going through my head when she wrapped it around her neck is if the cookie monster had a cooch it would have a remarkable resemblance to that.

- The girls all look great in this segment you really can't go wrong with black lace and a whole lot of sexy. 

- Joan and Kelly both looks great definitely digging their looks

- Cara comes out being Cara and somehow doesn't dampen the sexy mood she kinda almost fits in.

- I weep for Izabel that amazing pose and they decide to pan in on her face, so much ass this year and we decide to censor hers.

- Erin I've been a fan but she kind of looks old in this outfit almost like the madame at a brothel or something. She's not looking to make soup either.

- Barbara closes the segment and even takes a little more time at the end of the runway to really soak in the moment, she looks great I definitely couldn't pull off an Eiffel Tower headpiece. She takes it out shortly later and whips her hair back and forth :ddr:

- All of a sudden the lamps zoom up into the ceiling and I think to myself, why hasn't a "magic/Harry Potter" segment ever been done before, we could milk a bunch of looks from that.

Goofy and Sexy Behati kills me "What?"

All of a sudden VS experiences a death in the family, or just a sprained ankle? It was sad the first time around but after rewatching it I found it a little funny, I'm glad Lais got to open up the segment she's beautiful but I was a fan of the wing's those sleeves bother me.

Birds of Paradise

- Lais walks out, sleeves bother me, she looks gorgeous anyway.

- Ale looks like the Thanksgiving Turkey but she's rocking it.

- Sad Erin manages to crack a little smile in what seems to be her favorite outfit to date according to interviews, we couldn't tell she looks miserable.

- Izabel looks very athletic and very shiny.

- Joan looks amazing these are my favorite wings by far this year, simple and clean. She looked a little lost when she finally got to the end of the runway though.

- Jacquelyn looks great, another simple and clean outfit that looks great. Big fan of Teal and light blue it goes great with almost any skin tone.

- Poor Hilary, whether it really is a health issue or it is actual restricting sleeves which is what I think it is, she's a trooper and very professional, maybe the right thing to do was the complain and have it altered but she soldiered through it and personally I think her body looked great not including the ghastly blue hands.

- Poor Magdalena, she loves her booty you know she does she shows it whenever she can and once again VS stomps on her dreams and covers her ASSets with a feather duster and a bulky corset. She still looks fierce god bless, Polish girls can pull anything off, foreshadowing Pink here.

- Don't appreciate Maria shushing me

- This is my third time watching the show and have just realized she just closed the segment...

Girls show off their Sexy Looks, they make light off it all of those little pranksters.

An indirect homage is made to the social media queen Cara, she doesn't think about it she just does it.

I'm really liking how they paired up the girls this year in all of the inbetween segments no one seems to be overshadowing anyone.

First Timer Pink Girls talk about their nerves how cute  :Angel:

Pink:

- I actually really like Trouble by Neon Jungles the song really grew on me and it's probably the easiest song to walk to in the entire show this year so at least the Pink girls got one thing easy.

- Ieva has a great body, not gonna comment on any looks in this segment we all know they're bad.

- Ming really knows how to strut her stuff, that little section we see of her walking from behind is fierce.

- Wait someone let their little daughter walk out onto the runway someone catch her! Oh no wait it's just Malaika, she makes Chanel Iman's baby face look like a grandmother's face.

- Elsa walks out, even the smiley face on her back can't help but stare at her butt, it's like the 8th wonder of the world. She's gorgeous, I'm predicting 3 looks on her in next years show, so glad she got opening credits she's put in the work.

- The little electronic emoticon on Josephine would be really cool as a pair of wings

- I don't get what the big deal about Jasmine is, not crazy about her.

- Sara looks like a little Adriana, she's here to stay she fought her way onto the show, third times the charm it seems <3

- OMG Jac definitely got the worst outfit but she looked adorable OMG.

- Neon Jungles finishes and thanks everyone, definitely a nice first performance to have in the US.

Hardcore Boxing scene with Adriana is probably the most inspirational thing in my life, "Beauty is nothing without strength" I'm getting that tattooed somewhere on my body I swear, right after "You can't be an angel without Wings" when will they have audio tattoo's so I can have it read out with Adriana's accent everytime. If I'm ever a personal trainer I'm showing this scene to anyone I need to motivate it's badass.

Snow Angels (Glacial Goddesses 2.0)

- It's a beautiful segment the outfits all looks great but it's kind of already been done.

- Maryna is definitely standing out she's super hot I'm glad she's back that little look she gives the camera almost had me falling out of my seat. If she's not back next year I'm boycotting VS it's just not the same without her.

- The other girls don't really need to be mentioned they all looked great but nothing really stood out to me, except for Magda's stain that stuck out like a sore thumb or bloody tampon pick your poison.

- The little remix they did to the song made it a little more bareable but I still keep hearing Doutzen's husband and Tiesto bahing like Goat's in the background.

- Glad Ale got a little outfit made for her so she could match with the other girls in the finale.

- The class of 2013 picture was awesome I'm glad they did it, I can't help but notice Erin standing next to Candice looking like the literal black sheep in the group. 

-I'm missing the little bloopers they always had at the end of each show that was always one of my favorite parts  :cry2:

Overall I'd give the show an 8/10 I'm being generous but the good definitely outweighed the bad, we were definitely expecting a lot worse from the show and I was actually pleasantly surprised.

I nearly choked laughing a couple of times with your post Raffy, bless your heart!

And yes, that Naomi gif is everything ... Someone needs to re-do that shit with Adriana TBH

Except it would say "Dear God, please give me the strength to stay awake during this thing they call an opening." :evil:

I guess it's always the bad editing what ruins the show. This year most of the outfits were great.

Candice opening was ok, but the angles they use were bad, just too simple. Like in Alessandra's 09 opening, they focused on BEP and in the next shot she was already in the middle, that killed it for me that time.

Then I feel like all segments went so fast. You can barely see some girls walking. I dont care who went to the show or whats going on backstage every 10 seconds, I want to see the girls and the outfits.

Bad editing ruining vsfs since 2007. (Few exceptions)

I nearly choked laughing a couple of times with your post Raffy, bless your heart!

And yes, that Naomi gif is everything ... Someone needs to re-do that shit with Adriana TBH

Except it would say "Dear God, please give me the strength to stay awake during this thing they call an opening." :evil:

You wrong for dat :D

I guess it's always the bad editing what ruins the show. This year most of the outfits were great.

Candice opening was ok, but the angles they use were bad, just too simple. Like in Alessandra's 09 opening, they focused on BEP and in the next shot she was already in the middle, that killed it for me that time.

Then I feel like all segments went so fast. You can barely see some girls walking. I dont care who went to the show or whats going on backstage every 10 seconds, I want to see the girls and the outfits.

Bad editing ruining vsfs since 2007. (Few exceptions)

Have to agree here 100% back when they had like A-Listers it was cool, Adam Levine cheering on Anne V was kinda cute. Now it's all D-List celebrities and Adam Levine is just looking scummy cheering on Behati. The only scene they had to 100% show in the crowd was Valentino swinging around his little glow stick that was priceless. post-84648-0-1446071215-05011_thumb.gif

In all seriousness though, the show was good. Not amazing but pretty good.

I give it a 8/10 - It was fun and more lols than the past five shows together. I'm just curious to see what somebody form the outside thinks about it, someone who doesn't give a shit about the models and all that crap we all bitch about.

This. The last segment was the poorest editing I have seen in my life. Such a mess.

Also I can't feel chemistry between the current angels, as if they are forced to hang out or something. Nothing genuine about them. They can act it out during a commercial but not while hanging out! 

I didn´t like the fact that last year was all about Erin because of her relationship with Leo, and now the focus was on Behati (and Lily) because of who she's dating, she really upgraded from only walking Pink though and is feautured a lot more I seriously believed (and hoped) that she would be fired earlier this year. It's like they just use the girls.

The girls they included for this year's cast were terrible. Period. No discussion about it. And the performers too.

The only model that shined for me was Doutzen, not overdone, and she didn´t even get that much screen time, I also liked Lily and Madga (but the editing gosh) :( Adriana and Ale were okay, nice to still see them around but last night I noticed how they just blend with the current roaster of girls, and I don't like that. They have history with VS and they don't set apart from the crowd? Being honest besides VS they haven't done anything to back up their career, Heidi - Project Runway, Tyra-ANTM, I wonder what will happen after they leave VS. That's their life right there.

I think the people behind the show needs to be reminded that this is a fashion show not a parade! 

Loved Valentino (omg!) and that Naomi moment is legendary :D

VS is not what is used to be and I'm deeply saddened by that. But I can always go watch previous shows with the greatest supermodels. 

This. The last segment was the poorest editing I have seen in my life. Such a mess.

Also I can't feel chemistry between the current angels, as if they are forced to hang out or something. Nothing genuine about them. They can act it out during a commercial but not while hanging out! 

I didn´t like the fact that last year was all about Erin because of her relationship with Leo, and now the focus was on Behati (and Lily) because of who she's dating, she really upgraded from only walking Pink though and is feautured a lot more I seriously believed (and hoped) that she would be fired earlier this year. It's like they just use the girls.

The girls they included for this year's cast were terrible. Period. No discussion about it. And the performers too.

The only model that shined for me was Doutzen, not overdone, and she didn´t even get that much screen time, I also liked Lily and Madga (but the editing gosh) :( Adriana and Ale were okay, nice to still see them around but last night I noticed how they just blend with the current roaster of girls, and I don't like that. They have history with VS and they don't set apart from the crowd? Being honest besides VS they haven't done anything to back up their career, Heidi - Project Runway, Tyra-ANTM, I wonder what will happen after they leave VS. That's their life right there.

I think the people behind the show needs to be reminded that this is a fashion show not a parade! 

Loved Valentino (omg!) and that Naomi moment is legendary :D

VS is not what is used to be and I'm deeply saddened by that. But I can always go watch previous shows with the greatest supermodels. 

…they'll probably go sit on their $40 million net worth a piece...