05. Chanel Iman

06. Sara Sampaio

07. Samantha Hoopes

08. Lauren Mellor

09. Marloes Horst

10. Gigi Hadid

11. Hannah Ferguson

12. Valerie Van Der Graaf

while I think this was overall a pretty great rookie class, I won't feel too bad if only a few of them return.  (in recent years, the average percentage is ~60%)

Who's the ROTY?

This thread seems to love The View and twist things that were said on the show to backup their BS point, so to answer the question above...

zXk8I4z.gif

Wait...

:cain:YTTlFYu.gif

... :banghead: :voodoo:

? ? ?_? ??RIGGED? ? ?_? ??

Other than guaranteeing another spot in the mag (which they would have gotten anyway if they had even remotely enough hype to be a contender for ROTY), I think the only thing it's good for is a) giving an incredibly fleeting boost to the winner, and b) just another promotional tool. 

I like all of the girls who were in the lead at one point or another, so may the winner get at least 40-50 new twitter followers from their victory. 

well, here we are a day later and no ROTY!  you'd think if it were rigged, they'd have the announcement written already  :gocho: :D

their site says "come back tomorrow to see who won!"

http://swimsuit.si.com/swimsuit/2014-rookie-of-the-year/

Actually it lends credibility because if it was taken on a strictly vote-by-vote basis they could have simply congratulated whoever the girl was with the highest percentage of votes was. As much as you want to believe or play out that the scores were tallied on a daily basis they weren't actually reset every 24hours, it was simply cumulative.

Not to mention, pushing all that on to the back burner, the scores were manipulated by an outside source before SI even got their fingers into the pot, so even if it wasn't rigged by the company, a fan hacked it and change the over all results. So tomorrow, we'll see who SI likes, and who MJ wants to bring back next here.

Congrats to Sara! And her agent because he is most likely the one who won for her.

She was my fav rookie, excited to know she'll be back for 2015.

A result I think we can all get onboard with.  Lily A was my personal pick, but Sara getting the win is more than fine.  Caps off a strong rookie class and the strongest issue of SI Swim in years.

As a VS fanatic, I want to congratulate Sara, Lily, Marloes, and Cris.  You ladies all looked fantastic  :thumbsup: