Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit

slowen

20 mins till your challenge Limer. :evil:

You won't break me with Barbie girl my love. I grew up in San Fran, and my gay's adore this song... wanna take a guess how many times I've heard it? :rofl:

mpsAAG4.png

Get at me.

#1. Emily R makes me happy.

ogcntd.gif

#2 Do your worst :morning:

^Oh yeah that's true! Damn I completely forgot about Marisa as a VS angel. That seemed short lived.

I think VS is gonna start to become more comfortable with their angels doing SI. I truly wonder if VS encouraged Lily to do SI, or if they were hesitant about it. If Lily's popularity blows up this will be the ultimate example of how doing SI can help VS angels become exponentially more popular.

If it works with Lily, who knows, maybe next year they'll send Candice to SI....

Oh lawd I hope not lol. I'm sorry but I already get more than enough of Candice in VS.

i'm not sure irina is going to be in it.  which preview pic are you thinking was hers?

i'd be fine if she didn't return.  with 7 appearances and a cover, she had a nice run.  most cover girls only come back for one issue after their cover; if irina is in this year's, it'll be her third issue after the cover (without being an 'all-star' or 'legend' feature).

it's strange when her cover sales flopped hard must be close with SI management ;)

i'd hesitant a guess it's her last issue for SI and she only done it this time for a place in history with the SI 50 years special.

Yeah, I just believe that the editor (MJ Day, isn't it?) just likes to use rather "close" pals to build hype. I say it sells better, demographics-wise. But SI is also a grade A publication so they will certainly stay "politically correct". And from a business perspective, imho not including previous cover girls like Irina, Bar or someone like Selita would be kind of dropping the ball. I mean they are still in the business, although it's arguable here and there.

So happy to see Lily!!

But that pic is awful. It looks like her body is melting in different places wtf

Is this the first time (since Heidi & Tyra) that a current VS angel does SI? I know Izabel and Selita did SI, but they were past angels at the time, right?

Now if Edita is in, all will be golden.

Daniela Pestova was VS angel when she got her second cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOM8XX9oMpU

Some Mention Of S.I. in the interview. Any Chance She's a rookie as well? Or More of she just wants to be in the issue one day?

Danielle Knudson.  Probably not this year but I would definitely support this in the future.  Although she is a bit too diverse for me seeing as she is from Canada.  :rofl: 

They are from different countries, so i would consider that diverse.

WOW! :O_O:

Yes, lets cast 12 identical blondes from a dozen different countries and call that diversity! :rofl:

I stand by my statement. They are not all blonde. Are there a lot of blondes? Yes. Because Kate Upton sells and they are I am sure looking for the next Kate. The Emilys, Sara Sampaio, Lily and Jessica Gomes are some examples of the brunettes. And if you have women from all over the globe that is diverse. You are looking for something very specific and if you don't have it then you claim no diversity.

If the SISE is supposed to be a representation of the cultural diversity in either America or the world, it fails miserably. The majority of the world is not a white woman.

I'm not saying that SI should actually strive for diversity, but lets not pretend that their cast of models is very diverse just because they hail from different countries.

I mentioned before how slightly troubling it is that they have cast several South-Africans but none of them black. I very much doubt that is a coincidence.

Diversity is not simply black and white. If you want black models that is fine. I have no problem with that. State that exactly though. Don't hide behind lack of diversity. because it isn't accurate. It is a diverse line up.

I am pretty surprised Lily is actually in SI.  I didn't think the evidence for her was very strong.  Kate just tagged her in a tweet :idk: .  Methinks Kate's friendship played a part in her deciding to do SI.  She is a pretty big name as far as models go so I like the prestige she is bringing to the mag. 

However, I don't think that SI will do that much to help her career.  She is 28 and she is pretty low-key so I don't see her making the most of the little platform this will give her, especially with so many girls in the magazine.  I think she will be like Izabel Goulart.  I don't think SI really gave her a bump at that stage of her career, but I could be wrong on both counts.