Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit

slowen

1 in about 10 of every one of Jessica's SI shots are actually good, but god damn this is potentially one of the good ones :chicken:

She looks in fine form.

fashion_scans_remastered-sports_illustrated-swimsuit-2014_preview-scanned_by_vampirehorde-hq-36.jpg

fashionscansremastered

Her body certainly looks in tip-top shape... :ninja:

I would say she looks good way more often then 1 out of 10. A 9.5 out of 10 is more realistic. she is better then some of the girls people on here drool over. Such Anne V and Kate bock and Genevieve.

^ I would say it's a matter of personal taste, I think Jessica G looks good in 1 out of 10 too while Anne V looks good 9 out of 10 to me, also I don't think anyone here drools over Bock and she was by far the model with the most negative reaction from 2013 (if you go to the 2013 you'll see that the majority of us even thought the ROTY voting was fixed in her favor) but since it was her first year I say she deserves a second chance.

Genevieve always looks killer in her sneak peeks, but she ends up falling flat every time IMO. This year she looks completely smashing and I love that they finally kept her bangs and styled her more a la SASI, I think that's the look that works better for her so hopefully this year she'll finally live up to her full potential in SI.

Valerie is most likely the Rookie they will reveal today, they made a mistake and showed her last night in the sneak peeks, I hope I'm wrong and we get confirmation from another girl but yeah I think it will be Valerie.

These are the models we haven't confirmed yet:

- Julie Henderson

- Adaora

- Alyssa Miller

- Cintia Dicker

- Jessica Pérez

- Irina Shayk

- Bar Refaeli 

The sneak peeks look great. I'm hoping it just translates well into photographs.

You're a saint BTW, thank you for getting them all and posting them :heart:

I'm from my phone so i can't post it but the TV special tanked in ratings, just 3.2 million viewers nationally. That's like a quarter of the viewers from the VSFS :ninja:

Not to be a downer, but can I just say that i'm a little bummed that out of 12 rookies, where 11 of them have supposedly been identified, there's not a single african-american?  Hopefully #12 brings a little diversity to the mix.  Not that I have anything against 3 Dutch blondes. 

Agreed, but like you said the whole line up hasnt't been reveald yet so hopefully we do get some woc and what not in the mixed as well.

From the sneek peak Gen was really the one that caught my eyes, she is always on point in motion but I agree with MisslimaVsla on her kinda of falling flat when everything is said and done so hopefully she really brings it this year same for Jessica and Hannah who also look mad good this year. 

I hope Cintia is in and interested in seeing all the rookies and how they do this year.

Who was on the top 10?

TOP TEN SI SWIMSUIT COVERS OF ALL TIME

- based on votes from the public, magazine sales, and staff picks

#10 Marisa Miller - 2008

07ffb2305924607.jpg

#9 Rebecca Romijn - 1999

9eb743305924878.jpg

#8 Brooklyn Decker - 2010

]797b48305925400.jpg

#7 Cheryl Tiegs - 1975

22d77e305925995.jpg

#6 Elle Macpherson - 1986

6f5185305926161.jpg

#5 - Heidi Klum - 1998

9d4821305815328.jpg

#4 Christie Brinkley - 1980

6dfee6305816655.jpg

#3 Tyra Banks - 1997

35dff0305819223.jpg

#2 Kate Upton - 2013

5e676f305820150.jpg

#1 Kathy Ireland - 1989

9251c7305822210.jpg

SwimDaily 04.02.14

>> http://swimdaily.si.com/2014/02/04/emily-ratajkowski-rookie-reveal-3/

Today’s 2014 rookie reveal of the day is, yes, Emily Ratajkowski Thanks Robin Thicke; we'll take it from here
NEWS, PHOTOS, ROOKIES

BY REBECCA SHORE

Over the next two weeks SwimDaily will be releasing the identities of the record-high 12 rookies picked to carry the Swimsuit franchise into its next 50 years. Check back every day at 2 p.m. ET over the next two weeks for a new reveal!

Say hello to Rookie No. 3, Emily Ratajkowski

gVgGBdAy.jpg

:ddr:

In regards to the top ten covers, I don't like seven at all and Marisa should be higher than 10. I would have put one of Daniela's covers in there. Preferably her second. As much as I liked Kathy Ireland I don't think that cover was the best. Her 92 cover was better. Always that Christie cover that they put at four was the best.

Omg so happy that Sara and Emily (both Didonato and Rata) are confirmed. The preview video looks very promising :p Hannah was outstanding, can't wait to see her photos. Also Bock looks pretty, hope this year she will not look like a barbie :D

Btw I always wondered if models get paid for being in the magazine? :idk:

Just to point out for those of you who don't understand why that Kathy cover is in number 1 spot, it was the top selling issue for SI Swim, Kate's cover being second last I heard, though that may or may not have changed. So I'm not quite sure why it's such a big surprise.

The top 3 covers were pretty self explanatory.

Top selling issue, (Kathy)

Antarctica, (Kate)

First African American to grace the cover, (Tyra)

Elle and Christie 6 and 4 respectively being the only two cover girls to grace it 3 times back to back to back.

Heidi is well Heidi... nothing springing to mind atm. It's not rocket science, and for the most part it all makes sense. They're SI historical landmarks so to speak.

Cheryl again had 3 covers, none of which were group shots which is where Daniela fell short as her 3rd cover was the 2006 group shot.

As for Brooklyn, Rebecca and Marisa :idk: they were decent covers.