Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

I love Karlie, but I am glad they removed the outfit.

However, I wish these 'I hate Karlie Kloss' posts would stop.

I don't hate Karlie! I just don't want to see her in anything VS related, because in my opinion her look doesn't fit the brand at all. And the way VS has been trying to hype her is annoying.

Still I love her on the runway, I think she's one of the best High Fashion models around and she comes off likeable in interviews.

Oh well everyone had a feeling this would happen. It's a bit unfair on Karlie. It wasn't her fault they put her in that outfit but at least she still has 2 other walks in the show. It's going to be interesting to see how they edit between Behati and Barbara. I reckon we will see something of Karlie in the background.

Without the head piece the outfit is great too. Such a shame.

I don't hate Karlie either, i think she is an amazing model. However i just think she needs to stay the fuck away from VS because she does not look good on lingerie, i think she doesn't fit VS at all. Just like i think Nina Agdal should never ever wear clothes

As for the costume, I'm glad it got removed too. When i saw it i was like 'Are they really this stupid?'

Aint Karma a bitch!

Not sure I follow you, but sure whatever.

I am so tired of culturally sensitive, liberal hippy bullshit that is taking over mainstream media and society. People get offended over the smallest thing these days, stuff that 10 years ago we would have turned the other cheek to, but that of course was ignorance on our part. No it's called not being an emo little bitch about everything and taking it for what it is, a damn costume in a fashion show. Last I checked the long headdresses were worn by males, and there were no animal prints that the Native Americans wore, but hey, let's all shove a tree up our asses and bitch and whine.

I'm half Native and I personally didn't find the outfit offensive in the slightest. It was a cute take on a longstanding American tradition, (thanksgiving for everyone who's a little slow) where the pilgrims and the Natives came together).

You don't see a bunch of Americans crying over the fact that Lily let the stripes of her flag hit the ground even though you could see she was trying her damnedest not to let it do so. But you don't hear anyone crying fowl over that. You don't see the Wiccans/Celtics/Pagans getting up in arms over the little witch outfit Behati wore. Or how about the Irish getting upset over the little "luck of the Irish" outfit Hilary wore. Or how about the Jews getting upset over Barbara's Santa outfit. Or jumping over to pink and Sharam's little cowboy outfit. Half my family is probably rolling over in their grave, but you don't see me pulling out the burning torch and starting a "witch hunt".

The point is everyone needs to stop crying over every small slight they can possibly find and just grow up and move on. Point in case the geisha outfit that VS removed because a blogger got offended, and now this. Perhaps people need to stop over dramatizing their own culture and stop looking at everything as an actual personal attack.

Aint Karma a bitch!

I am so tired of culturally sensitive, liberal hippy bullshit that is taking over mainstream media and society. People get offended over the smallest thing these days, stuff that 10 years ago we would have turned the other cheek to, but that of course was ignorance on our part. No it's called not being an emo little bitch about everything and taking it for what it is, a damn costume in a fashion show. Last I checked the long headdresses were worn by males, and there were no animal prints that the Native Americans wore, but hey, let's all shove a tree up our asses and bitch and whine.

I'm half Native and I personally didn't find the outfit offensive in the slightest. It was a cute take on a longstanding American tradition, (thanksgiving for everyone who's a little slow) where the pilgrims and the Natives came together).

You don't see a bunch of Americans crying over the fact that Lily let the stripes of her flag hit the ground even though you could see she was trying her damnedest not to let it do so. But you don't hear anyone crying fowl over that. You don't see the Wiccans/Celtics/Pagans getting up in arms over the little witch outfit Behati wore. Or how about the Irish getting upset over the little "luck of the Irish" outfit Hilary wore. Or how about the Jews getting upset over Barbara's Santa outfit. Or jumping over to pink and Sharam's little cowboy outfit. Half my family is probably rolling over in their grave, but you don't see me pulling out the burning torch and starting a "witch hunt".

The point is everyone needs to stop crying over every small slight they can possibly find and just grow up and move on. Point in case the geisha outfit that VS removed because a blogger got offended, and now this. Perhaps people need to stop over dramatizing their own culture and stop looking at everything as an actual personal attack.

(Y) totally agree

Aint Karma a bitch!

(Y) totally agree

+1 , :PinkCouture2:

Or maybe we should just stop doing Ninja's for Halloween because that's culturally insensitive. And Greek week at the universities and colleges across the nation. Toga's are so offensive in reference to the Greeks and the Romans, (I mean the senate wore them!). Next it'll be ghosts and skeletons because that's offensive to my ancestors who are dead. The Peta one is really good, because god knows how many animals are stuck in the circus doing things they don't want to be doing. I've got my eye on your Joan Smalls and your offensive tiger outfit with fiery hoops.

Sound ridiculous enough folks?

I tend to agree. I myself have some Native American blood in me (Cheyenne to be exact) and I did not find the outfit in the least bit offensive. Now, if we were to get technical her motion with her hand over her mouth (War-whoop *rolls eyes*) and her "How" sign was more offensive than anything, but from what I've seen she didn't seem to do that in the second taping. While I tend to be what most would call liberal I do feel we whine about things way to often. I find it ironic that this seemed to offend so many while Emanuela's outfit with the body paint last year didn't seem to offend anyone...

Aint Karma a bitch!

Amen.

I didn't find the outfit offensive at all either, i just think it was stupid from VS given their recent drama with the Geisha outfit & less than a week ago No Doubt had to retire their new video because the native americans felt offended by it (I haven't seen the video so i have no idea if it was really offensive or not). So i can't believe that even with that they couldn't think about changing the outfit to avoid the drama, like really?

However, it means that I'll only see Karlie parading twice which is perfectly fine with me (Y) See VS? Karma's a biatch