Bellazon

Margot Robbie
Thumbnail

dawson

I would imagine that Margot will probably return to the role, assuming she wants to, if the character comes up in the rebooted DC films.  Lady Gaga is only playing it in the new Joker film, which is a standalone, so she's not really the "official" Harley Quinn.  I would assume that Margot still holds that title until James Gunn says otherwise. 

She definitely did pave the way for whoever eventually comes next in that role, though, that is for sure. 

3 minutes ago, VS19 said:

I would imagine that Margot will probably return to the role, assuming she wants to, if the character comes up in the rebooted DC films.  Lady Gaga is only playing it in the new Joker film, which is a standalone, so she's not really the "official" Harley Quinn.  I would assume that Margot still holds that title until James Gunn says otherwise. 

She definitely did pave the way for whoever eventually comes next in that role, though, that is for sure. 

Oh yes, I meant it, I just didn't put it quite correctly. As far as I know, DC plans to have a film about Harley, Catwoman and Poison Ivy with Margot as Harley. Although, given the current changes, I don't know if it's destined to happen 

16 minutes ago, Lilja K said:

She made this character iconic outside of the geek community. Now Harley will be played by Lady Gaga and maybe someone else in the future, but the fact is that it was Margot who paved the way 

Harley Quinn was always iconic in the batmanverse, I guess she was the first mainstream actress to play the role in a significant way.  Margot has an enormous amount of source material behind her.

Just now, Cult Icon said:

Harvey Quinn was always iconic in the batmanverse, I guess she was the first mainstream actress to play the role in a significant way.

People who aren't into comics that much were not particularly familiar with her like with Batman. Not everyone even watched this old Batman cartoon. 

31 minutes ago, Lilja K said:

People who aren't into comics that much were not particularly familiar with her like with Batman. Not everyone even watched this old Batman cartoon. 

eg.:

Batman: Arkham - Wikipedia  in particular 2009-2015 too.

"The games have collectively sold more than 30 million copies worldwide."

Margot's Harley is similar to the comics, games, and cartoon.  I agree though that the Suicide Squad films helped propel into the mainstream.

Going forward there is a more advanced development of Harley Quinn in the 'White Knight' comics that make her arguably even more interesting as a lead character.  

17 hours ago, stewpidaz said:

She doesn’t care about you or your opinions, also I haven’t seen the movie but I am positive that you’ve been watching too much Ben Shapiro.

I didn't know you were her spokesperson. Nice to meet you too.:hi_wft:

BTW, I don't watch your Shapiro dude, I'm not American. Don't be too Americano-centric, friend (woke America is a toxic pill) ;)

8 hours ago, stewpidaz said:

She doesn’t care about you or your opinions, also I haven’t seen the movie but I am positive that you’ve been watching too much Ben Shapiro.

She doesn't, so why should we? As someone who came from Leo's thread, I know that if you get into an argument with people like this, they won't leave you alone. It’s better to ignore. 

26 minutes ago, AnatasiaSteele82 said:

I want to watch Barbie un the cinema, I don t know in English or Catalán 🤗

I prefer to watch movies in the original. I like to hear actors' real voices and dialects:yes:

‘Barbie’ Crosses $500 Million Worldwide in Just Nine Days

53CEB84E-9F4D-4B0D-A38D-0EEDB8EBA2E6.jpe#

Barbie” has officially crossed the $500 million mark worldwide and it’s only been in theaters for 9 days. It could very well dethrone “Super Mario Bros” as the top-grossing movie of the year. It’ll probably top the $750 million mark by Sunday. ‘Mario’ was at $693 million after its second weekend.

This is more than just a movie. It’s a cultural phenomenon. Greta Gerwig’s playful dollhouse has also grossed $250 million domestically. Margot Robbie, Ryan Gosling, and, especially, Gerwig will now reap the benefits of being in such a popular enterprise.

Oh, and “Barbie” grossed $21.4 million on Thursday, that’s higher than last week’s Thursday previews. That is insane. “Avengers: Endgame” made $21.5 million in its second Thursday. So what we’re looking at here is a historic box-office success.

Barbie for president. Bye. :hi_wft:

I’m happy for the success and everyone involved, but nah, it’s just a movie. That doesn’t mean movies can’t be very successful, but would you really describe super hero movies like spider man a “cultural phenomenon”?? 🤣 Even if it ends up being the top grossing movie of the year this happens a few times each year, are we having 3+ “cultural phenomenons” inside theaters every year?

Spiderman himself might not be a cultural phenomenon but the whole Marvel is - and DC too even though they are less successful than Marvel.

And knowing Mattel now wants to grow and become like Marvel by making more movies about their toys and games, yeah, it can definitely become a cultural phenomenon.