Bellazon

2012 SI Swimsuit

Emanuela & Joan would be dreamy for SI, i dislike Damaris & Jessica White so much, i feel like SI could get a way better representation for black models -because just as VS you know they need their token girls- . Not sure about Daria & Lara though, remember that SI is mostly directed to average non-fashionista guys who like hot girls with a conventional beauty/sexiness, that's the reason why Marisa Miller, Brooklyn Decker & Kate Upton have been successful with SI.

If you look at the current cast there's tons of girls who do nothing 'major' outside SI: Jessica Gomes, Julie Henderson, Damaris Lewis, Genevieve Morton, Christine Teigen barely work outside SI. They need to step up their game with their models IMO

i think we're underestimating the average male. every thing in american popular culture has been dumbed down so as to be understandable by the lowest common denominator. but people are much much more clever and sophisticated in their tastes than we give them credit for. i sincerely believe that! when it comes to women - man have always fancied breasts and hips and more recently booty. something fleshy to grab onto. cause it makes us think about sex. but that's it! when it comes to face? as long as she's got pretty eyes and a sexy mouth and some charisma that's all that matters. Angelina Jolie is probably the most universally accepted sex symbol since Marilyn Monroe (and, yes, i just made that statement). there's nothing conventional about her appearance. men loooooved Sigourney Weaver when the Alien movies first came out. she was a massive sex symbol. and certainly nowhere near conventional.

look at Bridget Bardot - one of the most iconic of all beauties. how many times has Lara Stone been styled to bear an uncanny resemblance? countless. and Daria's beauty has a commercial appeal with men. why? because she has a great body. and pretty eyes. and sexy hair. and she can pose in a way that makes men think of sex. that's all that's required, imo.

i'm not trying to argue against you. because - obviously - a girl has to be 'pretty' and 'hot' to be in the SI issue. that's why i'm saying - you know - don't include some random odd looking fashion darling. but if Daria Werbowy and Lara Stone did the SI issue, and they were in a gorgeous segment, shot by an artistic fashion photographer. flaunting their long, lithe bodies in tiny bikinis, it would garner a LOT more attention and credibility than anything Julie Henderson, Jessica Gomes or any of the rest of those girls could muster.

SI: TIME FOR A CHANGE.

Emanuela & Joan would be dreamy for SI, i dislike Damaris & Jessica White so much, i feel like SI could get a way better representation for black models -because just as VS you know they need their token girls- . Not sure about Daria & Lara though, remember that SI is mostly directed to average non-fashionista guys who like hot girls with a conventional beauty/sexiness, that's the reason why Marisa Miller, Brooklyn Decker & Kate Upton have been successful with SI.

If you look at the current cast there's tons of girls who do nothing 'major' outside SI: Jessica Gomes, Julie Henderson, Damaris Lewis, Genevieve Morton, Christine Teigen barely work outside SI. They need to step up their game with their models IMO

i think we're underestimating the average male. every thing in american popular culture has been dumbed down so as to be understandable by the lowest common denominator. but people are much much more clever and sophisticated in their tastes than we give them credit for. i sincerely believe that! when it comes to women - man have always fancied breasts and hips and more recently booty. something fleshy to grab onto. cause it makes us think about sex. but that's it! when it comes to face? as long as she's got pretty eyes and a sexy mouth and some charisma that's all that matters. Angelina Jolie is probably the most universally accepted sex symbol since Marilyn Monroe (and, yes, i just made that statement). there's nothing conventional about her appearance. men loooooved Sigourney Weaver when the Alien movies first came out. she was a massive sex symbol. and certainly nowhere near conventional.

look at Bridget Bardot - one of the most iconic of all beauties. how many times has Lara Stone been styled to bear an uncanny resemblance? countless. and Daria's beauty has a commercial appeal with men. why? because she has a great body. and pretty eyes. and sexy hair. and she can pose in a way that makes men think of sex. that's all that's required, imo.

i'm not trying to argue against you. because - obviously - a girl has to be 'pretty' and 'hot' to be in the SI issue. that's why i'm saying - you know - don't include some random odd looking fashion darling. but if Daria Werbowy and Lara Stone did the SI issue, and they were in a gorgeous segment, shot by an artistic fashion photographer. flaunting their long, lithe bodies in tiny bikinis, it would garner a LOT more attention and credibility than anything Julie Henderson, Jessica Gomes or any of the rest of those girls could muster.

I havent even heard of who Lara Stone or Daria Werbowy is but I think that I think Jessica Gomes is one of the hottest women in SI.

If it werent for her or Kate Upton I could care less about the magazine, most of the women in there have the same body type thus too plain for me.

Here's a great quote from Camilla Paglia in Salon about 4 years ago:

"But even the annual Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, which used to be a luscious winter extravaganza of sinuous tigresses or golden California gals lolling in sultry, exotic locales, has now become utterly boring and flat. The artistry, charm and provocation are gone; all that's left is empty, mechanical attitudinizing. Yet another cultural landmark down the tubes."

So true!

http://www1.salon.com/opinion/paglia/2008/...one/index2.html

i was thinking this exact thing, specifically chrissy teigen because i don't know the other models as well. imo if you aren't doing work outside of SI then chances are you can be replaced by any number of swimsuit models.

SO AGREE...except for Jessica Gomes i think she have done "Dancing with the Stars" and in Asia she is very very popular.

well LATER TODAY SI is going to reveal a model and a photo of SI 2012.

BTW it could be better a teaser video with all the girls... anyways <_<

We can add as well:

- Anne V.

- Izabel Goulart.

- Crisstine Teigen.

- Jessica White (Hosting SI Superbowl Party).

- Irina Shayk (Hosting SI Superbowl Party).

- Kate Upton.

- Crytal Renn (Rockie).

- Alyssa Miller.

- Bar Refaeli.

- Nina Adgar (Rockie).

I think they are 24 girls in total

We can add as well:

- Anne V.

- Izabel Goulart.

- Crisstine Teigen.

- Jessica White (Hosting SI Superbowl Party).

- Irina Shayk (Hosting SI Superbowl Party).

- Kate Upton.

- Crytal Renn (Rockie).

- Alyssa Miller.

- Bar Refaeli.

- Nina Adgar (Rockie).

I think they are 24 girls in total

mmm im talking the 100% CONFIRMED by SI team , all those girls are not confirmed ( but we know their gonna be in yup :) )

btw: its Nina Agdal not adgar lol :heart::wave:

Later today another model is going to be revealed

till now the confirmed models are :

Jessica Perez

Ariel Meredith

Julie Henderson

And now Anne:

For the 8th year in a ROW, Anne Vyalitsyna will be in YOUR issue of SI Swimsuit 2012!!

507367614.jpg

she looks great

That's 6 confirmed models, Jessica White is hosting an Official SI Swimsuit 2012 party with Irina this Friday ... That's 100% confirmed so it's obvious they will be there

Now, can they tell us names we actually didn't know? All of the confirmed names (except for Ariel) we had already haha.

Anne V looks gorgeous in her picture btw, if she doesn't get the cover this year I'm going to feel terrible for her, she really deserves it

That's 6 confirmed models, Jessica White is hosting an Official SI Swimsuit 2012 party with Irina this Friday ... That's 100% confirmed so it's obvious they will be there

Now, can they tell us names we actually didn't know? All of the confirmed names (except for Ariel) we had already haha.

Anne V looks gorgeous in her picture btw, if she doesn't get the cover this year I'm going to feel terrible for her, she really deserves it

yeah we did a terrific! job , we know almost all the girls! :laugh: besides Ariel though