Bellazon

Waxing, shaving, plucking

Lolita

I shave everywhere that needs shaving but my eyebrows - those I pluck.

I waxed my legs...twice, when I was quite young, and I hated it THEN, but I'd really like to try it again.

My mother uses an epilator, and I think she's CRAZY. I tried it once and it was like the pain of waxing but really drawn out!

I just am going to put myself through university and then when I graduate treat myself with laser surgery...everywhere! I have pale skin and dark hair, so I should be golden. Imagine not having to shave your legs and "down there" ever again? Heaven. I already only spend ten minutes in the shower and seven minutes of that is spent shaving! :/

I shave everywhere that needs shaving but my eyebrows - those I pluck.

I waxed my legs...twice, when I was quite young, and I hated it THEN, but I'd really like to try it again.

My mother uses an epilator, and I think she's CRAZY. I tried it once and it was like the pain of waxing but really drawn out!

I just am going to put myself through university and then when I graduate treat myself with laser surgery...everywhere! I have pale skin and dark hair, so I should be golden. Imagine not having to shave your legs and "down there" ever again? Heaven. I already only spend ten minutes in the shower and seven minutes of that is spent shaving! :/

Laser definitely makes it easier.. i would say .. if you do it "down there" do it on the start of a weekend.. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
doesnt shaving the hair make it coarser and thicker??

i shave my legs and the new hair come out fast and thick

i use Schick razors,tell me if they are any good and if not then what brand??

Well, not everyone is the same, my hair actually grows back the same thickness, while other people seem to grow it back ten-fold. It all depends on your physiology I guess.

doesnt shaving the hair make it coarser and thicker??

i shave my legs and the new hair come out fast and thick

i use Schick razors,tell me if they are any good and if not then what brand??

Well, not everyone is the same, my hair actually grows back the same thickness, while other people seem to grow it back ten-fold. It all depends on your physiology I guess.

Nope. This is just a myth. Hair grows out of hair follicles and shaving it doesn't affect them at all. The reason why the new hair you grow after you shave seems to grow back faster, thicker and darker, is because when you shave, you completely remove all the hair from that area and you cut it at an angle, making the ends blunt and stubbly. So when those ends start to show up, you look at the way they look, and they seem darker, you feel them with their hand, and they feel thicker and of course since the hair is growing back in the area where you completely removed hair, even the minimal amount of growth seems like "OMG I've grown more hair in 3 days that I did in entire lifetime before I shaved."

Being a guy and having to scrape my face with a razor every day, I noticed one thing. When I shave every morning, I come home from work with the 5 o'clock shadow and it is noticeable that the hair has grown quite a lot. But if I don't shave for say a week, and grow some hair, on the second week, the hair still keeps on growing, but it doesn't look like it is growing that much, because my face is already covered in hair, making the growth look unnoticeable.

If you have a boyfriend or a husband, ask him to not shave for a week or two, and you will see that after his face is covered with hair, any growth that comes after that, is not noticeable as much.

So yeah, the whole hair grows back faster after shaving is just an urban legend. If you don't believe me, look up online, or ask a dermatologist, and a qualified one, not someone who is trying to sell you a product that will remove hair without shaving "so it doesn't grow back faster..."