The Beatles

post-36965-0-1446081357-87615_thumb.jpg

The Rolling Stones

rolling-stones-the-photo-xxl-the-rolling-stones-6214887.jpg

The Who

post-36965-0-1446081357-91332_thumb.jpg

Led Zeppelin

post-36965-0-1446081357-92132_thumb.jpg

Dear fellow bellazoners, I understand there are more classic rock band and that thses aren't the only ones. These ones are usually just regarded for being "the best". Please, do not use this topic to bash and say "Oh, Well those bands suck. You should've used...", ect. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it all. Thank you!

VOTE! :)

I like all 4 - but I adore the Stones. The Beatles do well by not having to live through the 80's (no Lennon death pun intended), a period no aging rock band looked good in in retrospect - or at the time! And whilst I concede that the other 3 bands perhaps had better musical technicians, the Stones just reek of cool...

That period of 68-74, the albums from Beggars Banquet to Goats Head Soup, and the tenure of Mick Taylor as lead guitarist were just perfect. Alas I never got to see them at the time (on account of not being born and stuff), but I've listened to the live albums strung-out from time to time, and although they might be a tad ramshackle - Keith is still the human riff, and that rock/country/blues stew is just the damn business.

• 4 weeks later...

As an avid Led Zep fan, I just couldn't vote otherwise :p

I hate to be a bore but obviously the answer is The Beatles. The other three can't compare, though I do love the Stones. Seen The Who in the flesh and yes it was great fun but come on now, this is a mere formality.

Well, I guess you're right there, speaking in terms of overall influence... The Beatles have inspired so many bands and artists of different genres it's unbelievable.

• 2 years later...