Bellazon

Highest paid/busiest male models

sweetandlow

Forbes.com used the following methodology and came up with a Top Ten for 2009: "To compile our rankings, we looked at the most prominent male models' work over the past two years, counting magazine covers and spreads, advertising campaigns, contracts and runway shows."

1. Sean Opry
  2. Matt Gordon
  3. David Gandy
  4. Danny Schwarz
  5. Garretf Neff
  6. Ollie Edwards
  7. Tyler Riggs
  8. Jon Kortajarena
  9. Taylor Fuchs
  10. Cole Mohr

Check out the article: http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/26/male-mode...dia-models.html

Forbes Top 10 in pictures: http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/26/male-mode...ls_slide_2.html

Thanx for that info. It really surprises me, though. :blink: :blink: Didn't expect them to come in in that order at all! :shock:

(added bonus, I just found out who David Gandy is! :wub: :wub: )

I know what you mean. When I first saw the list, I was very surprised with the rankings for some, and totally did not expect some to be on it at all.

Of course, the list was published in June when we were only half way through 2009! So, how valid is the list? Did it change over the subsequent 7 months? We don't know. I have a feeling that a lot has changed since then.

Then, of course, there are other lists that differ a lot from the Forbes list. (e.g. models.com). In addition, GQ named John Kortajarena as the top model of 2009; not Sean O'pry.

So...who or what determines the #1 male model, highest paid or busiest? That is the question. :idk:

i think forbes is a little unreliable in matters involving money :blink:

im no expert but i'd imagine the highest paid men working right now include Gabriel Aubry, Jamie Dornan, Sean o, Jon Kortajarena. The men that get all the advertisements- Tyler Riggs most certainly does not make more money than Jon as forbes seems to think lol

also i think Oriol Elcacho is a notable money-maker :whistle: he is in many ads

PS: i think the big stars like Gabriel will make more money then the typical female model but still cannot compete with Gisele or Daria's income :D i think it might be because fashions main audience is the girls :S

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

If you look at much of the male model threads and see who's getting the biggest shows/ads/editorials and covers as well as the number of work they do overall and catalog work etc I would say the male models that make the most money have got to be:

Francisco Lachowski

Gabriel Aubrey

Taylor Fuchs

Sean Opry

Noah Mills

Mathias Lauridsen

David Gandy

Jon Kortajarena

Will Chalker

(perhaps Tyson Beckford too but not too sure how in demand he is today or how much modelling he does and how much of it is the big names) :/

Oh and the list above is in no particular order :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You just need to flip a men's magazine to see it, generally all of these are house hold names in fashion circles.

The ones with multi-year fragrance contracts and or multiple campaigns: Noah Mills, David Gandy, Gabriel Aubry, Ben Hill, Sean O'Pry, Jon Kortajarena, Garrett Neff, Andres Segura, Clement Chabernaud, Simon Nessman...

These are the ones who make the most.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The world's top earning male model made $1.5 million last year,

1/28th of what the top earning female model earned

By Fashionista

www.stylelist.com

post-20251-0-1446072010-69476_thumb.jpg

Gender income inequality is alive and well within the modeling industry–with women out-earning the men, of course–but you might be shocked by just how much. Forbes just came out with its Top Earning Male Models List, and Sean O'Pry, the IRL Zoolander who ranked the highest, raked in just $1.5 million last year.

While $1.5 million is nothing to sneeze at, you may remember that top-earning female model Gisele Bundchen pulled in aridiculous 42 million last year  –-$4 million more than her husband, New England Patriots quarterback (and Ugg spokesman) Tom Brady. Despite gigs for big names like H&M, Hugo Boss, and Salvatore Ferragamo, plus fragrance contracts for Ultrasense by Jil Sander and Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf, the 24-year-old O'Pry can't even get near the same tax bracket as his female counterparts.

And remember David Gandy, the dishy lone male model who walked amongst legends Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell during the Summer Olympics closing ceremony last year and has a book dedicated to him by Dolce and Gabbana? Well, he narrowly missed the top title by $100,000, earning $1.4 million last year, and Zegna model Ryan Burns made number six on the list with $610,000 for the calendar year. As a matter of fact, if you add up all of the top 10 salaries, the total comes to just $8 million. Would Gisele even get out of bed for that much?

So yes, modeling, is one industry where women rule the game, which is a feminist discussion of its own–only females are prized so highly for their appearance and objectified as an industry, and they get paid more for it. But it's hard to argue that with the name recognition, savvy female models do have more career prospects after their retiring (or being pushed out) of the modeling game, too–Christy Turlington has a successful yoga line and Iman is a beauty and cosmetics CEO. Something to think about, but in the meantime, let's just revel in this women-power moment and look at some eye candy while we're at it. Hi David.

• 2 weeks later...

FORBES 2013

HIGHEST PAID MALE MODELS IN THE WORLD

BY DONOVAN

www.homorazzi.com

10. Tobias Sorensen

Nationality: Danish
Earnings: $265,000
Major Campaigns: Zara, Diesel, Dolce & Gabbana

post-20251-0-1446072012-63233_thumb.jpg

9. Jon Kortajarena

Nationality: Spanish
Earnings: $290,000
Major Campaigns: H&M, Hudson Jean, Karl Lagerfeld.

post-20251-0-1446072012-65414_thumb.jpg

8. Ollie Edwards

Nationality: British
Earnings: $410,000
Major Campaigns: Ralph Lauren, Neiman Marcus, DKNY

post-20251-0-1446072012-69846_thumb.jpg

7. Tyson Ballou

Nationality: American
Earnings: $425,000
Major Campaigns: H&M, Calvin Klein, Jil Sander, Salvatore Ferragamo

post-20251-0-1446072012-731_thumb.jpg

6. Ryan Burns

Earnings: $610,000
Major Campaigns: Emenegildo Zegna, Hugo Boss, Louis Vuitton

post-20251-0-1446072012-75379_thumb.jpg

5. Noah Mills

Nationality: Canadian
Earnings: $740,000
Major Campaigns: Versace, Michael Kors, Dolce & Gabbana

post-20251-0-1446072012-78757_thumb.jpg

4. Arthur Kulkov

Nationality: Russian
Earnings: $905,000
Major Campaigns: Barneys, Sisley and Russell & Bromley, Tommy Hilfiger, Dolce & Gabbana

post-20251-0-1446072012-81852_thumb.jpg

3. Simon Nessman

Nationality: Canadian
Earnings: $1,100,000
Major Campaigns: Giorgio Armani, Calvin Klein, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana

post-20251-0-1446072012-84361_thumb.jpg

2. David Gandy

Nationality: British
Earnings: $1,400,000
Major Campaigns: Hugo Boss, Banana Republic and Massimo Dutti.

post-20251-0-1446072012-86159_thumb.jpg

1. Sean O'Pry

Earnings: $1,500,000
Major Campaigns: Calvin Klein, Versace, D&G, Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors.

post-20251-0-1446072012-90458_thumb.jpg

IDK what to make of that list. Not because I adore him but I doubt Marlon Teixeira is not making more than that with all the work he racked up in the last 12 months

It is surprising indeed. :idk: Marlon is also not listed on the model's.com "The Money Guys" list (25 spots) HERE.

I suppose it's because although he booked many jobs, he did not generate enough income to be placed on any of those lists. :(

Perhaps he needs a new agent!