Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

VS and SI are competitors in the U.S. market, which is what their focus is on. They don't care about Calzedonia because it's not a player in their main market. And honestly, as a once yearly swimsuit issue, SI really isn't current competition for VS (that would change if they did a magazine but I doubt it). All this competition is in MJ's head.

Calzedonia is predominantly European marketed, just like Etam (French brand who also does some sort of lingerie show during Fashion Week).

But do they sell SI or VS in Europe? :idk: (apart from London)

VS only sells the beauty section (and some panties) in Europe (also you will only find them in airports). SI is also mostly sold in airports and probably some specialty shops, so they're not as big in Europe as they are in the US. Sure they get a lot of buzz for the swim issue but that's pretty much it.

VS and SI are competitors in the U.S. market, which is what their focus is on. They don't care about Calzedonia because it's not a player in their main market. And honestly, as a once yearly swimsuit issue, SI really isn't current competition for VS (that would change if they did a magazine but I doubt it). All this competition is in MJ's head.

+1 (Y)

They still have one more location, and considering she's not heavily involved in swim, I could see them just using her for that one shoot.

Oh ok I didn't know they had another location I thought this was going to be the last one.

I think Karlie looks great now. Her body is a lot better than a few years back when VS used her for swim so I think she will look great for the swim collection. So there's one more location and we haven't had Karlie yet but also no Lais so it's possible she will be at the next location too. I doubt they wouldn't use Lais. She has been in everything for the brand since 2011. And she had her name credited in the show like Stella, Martha and Jasmine and they've all shot.