Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Yes but VS can't violate labor laws, and each person is entitled to several weeks off a year which they can and at will schedule at any time they want. So yes they do work for VS, but that doesn't mean much. Winter/Spring 2013/2014 has already been filmed/shot, and unless these  ladies are doing fashion week - right now is a down time for them. It would make sense to schedule time off now because by the time holidays roll around they're going to be with family and fashion industry will begin working on spring/summer 2014 editorials, ads ect.

And just because the commercial is "big and important to us and the company (only for finical gain), doesn't mean these woman care about it. It's just another day at the job that at the end of the day isn't going to further them in any way except to say "Hey I was in yet another commercial for VS x-mas"... congratz, you're in another commercial that very few people pay attention while it's on TV. People see it once, twice and get over it. Gotta skip commercials and get back to the football game.

or... VS didn't want them this year.

Whichever

Look at Miranda. She was only ever in the 08 and 09 Christmas commercials. After that she wasn't in any Christmas commercial and was still an Angel. Her Angel contract finished this year. It's no biggy really that Doutzen and Erin aren't in it. I get though why people are wondering because usually both of them are in the commercial so it is weird without them this year.

BTW anyone else not feeling the Christmas pictures coming out this year? I don't know. I'm bored with them. I think Magdalena is the best girl out of all the shots seen so far.

I'm sorry but Erin and Doutzen don't work for themselves. They work for Victoria's Secret. They are not in the commercial because they don't want them in it not because they've done it before and been to Paris so they decided to skip this year. Besides, this is their most important commercial of the year, I'm positive if VS wants any of the contracted Angels to do it, they must do it.

I know this might played a big part in doutzen not being in paris. her son had his first week at school in nyc. her husband flew out the day after his first schoolday and flew back to the us on thursday is it so crazy to think that she doesnt want to leave her son alone in his first week at school? i mean her staying in nyc means she can shoot while he is in school (which she did) or attend an honorable event while he is asleep (which she did).

is there any contract that can live up to a family situation? i don't think so. vs may be demanding -at some points but they are not the devil. (i think ;))

but maybe vs wants them out

i just want to say that there are other reasons that doutzen and erin weren't there. it could be other work because both of them do work for other brands or it could be personal reasons.

either way we just have to wait a bit longer to see who, what and why! vs holiday commercial shoot is done.

My first reaction to the commercial was very positive! I love the use of wings, sparkly straps, shooting at the Louvre and shooting outside.

I think that Karlie looked expensive:

post-38690-0-1446081244-19301_thumb.jpg

credit to Jennka.

I like Behati's hair. In the beginning, I didn't even recognize her with blonde hair but I think the change was positive because the way she usually does her hair looks more glamorous as a blonde.

I wonder if this is the time when they are kind of putting Lais and Gracie up against each other and observing who they want to use more.

I also think that in the catalogue pictures katchitup posted here Magdalena and Martha had a very similar vibe. The kind of look Marloes gives is something that I don't think the other girls are doing.

Martha looks like Candice used to look back when she was pretty like in 2009 :heart: It's scary as fuck tho

Too bad Doutzen didn't make it but not surprising. I am shocked by Erin's absence I have to say, I believe with all my heart that girlfriend is getting the Chanel treatment, I think this VSFS will be her last if the walks at all ... I curse them y'all, VS models get their asses fired when I start to like them: Selita, Rosie, Chanel, now Erin :rofl:

I think the same for Doutzen as well especially since that whole H&M mess.

She posted a Victoria's Secret picture on Twitter (while the commercial shoot was going on) so I don't think there is much bad blood at this point. Or maybe it's one of those things that when you are losing something you start to appreciate it more.Theories about prior commitments etc. are plausible but the lack of catalogue pictures at the same time is a bit worrying.

Doutzen commented on Ed's Instagram photo of the commercial a few days ago saying "Have fun ;)", so that leads me to believe that there isn't bad blood! I totally agree with a poster above that perhaps since it was Phyllon's first weeks at school Doutzen asked to stay home? Who knows. But like someone else pointed out, Miranda did the commercial last in 2009 and she was an angel till 2013 so that's definitely telling.

Erin on the other hand, has not at all acknowledged the commercial or any other other angels this week. I have this strong feeling that she truly is out. It's not like she has a family to support (like Doutzen), or she had any bigger things going on this week. She used to always be their go-to girl (after Candice), so something is definitely up.

Edit: Btw, what are Bregje's and Toni's statuses with VS? I feel like they were pushed as angels at some point. 

^Definitely agree on the Erin part, Erin's been absent for VS for a long time, and she's sort of disconnected with VS and the girls. All the other girls interact with each other, and now that Erin isn't dating Leo, VS can't milk her enough to create some sort of demand for her. Erin isn't very good at selling something either, she comes off as nervous and slightly airheaded when at events. Girls like Lindsay just literally need their button pressed and all they do is babble on products, which shows that they at least understand what they are there to do.

Bregje and Toni are just contracted models (not to be confused with Angel contracts), but I definitely feel as though VS will make Toni an Angel at some point because they always pay attention to her (on the VS Facebook app, she is one of the Twitter feeds that will pop up). But as for Bregje that seems unclear now since they haven't used her enough lately in comparison to last year

Idk VS is so wishy washy with models theses days so you never know who they will keep or dismiss or who will be made an angel. We just have to wait and see.

Look at Miranda. She was only ever in the 08 and 09 Christmas commercials. After that she wasn't in any Christmas commercial and was still an Angel. Her Angel contract finished this year. It's no biggy really that Doutzen and Erin aren't in it. I get though why people are wondering because usually both of them are in the commercial so it is weird without them this year.

BTW anyone else not feeling the Christmas pictures coming out this year? I don't know. I'm bored with them. I think Magdalena is the best girl out of all the shots seen so far.

Yeah I wasn't really feeling them this year either. I thought the holiday pics would be bomb since they added some many girls and took so much time shooting the but NOPE they  kinda fell flat and some of the girls looked washed out and tired in them :/ , although I really liked a lot of  Magdalena's and Marloes shots and some of Adriana's were pretty nice as well.

I don't even think those Adriana's pics are for Holiday, I think it's something from earlier...like from shoot Russell posted on instagram

Yes, most of them are like from two weeks before they started shooting Holiday. The three or four of them with the purple background and most of the new sleepwear pics are Holiday which means there's a bunch more coming.