Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I am copy pasting this article directly from Sara Sampaio's thread on Bellazon.....What do you think....a case of Sour Grapes on Sara's part simply because she was not selected to walk last year's VSFS 2012 and thus making lame excuses or something else.....Interesting.......

I mean she is clearly stating that she was not chosen because of her resemblance to Adriana Lima.....( which I disagree...IMO I don't think they look alike ..the mouth shape is so different) and what about next year and the year after that....If Lima walks then she can't walk again....and again......and what "stealing" Lima's place/thunder....She is the reigning queen of VS !!!!Plus Sara has next to nothing in catwalk experience ....

And why bring up the issue now....after 2 whole months......she went for the casting....she was not selected....period....chapter closed....Girl sure is good at stirring up controversy !!!!Should have kept her mouth shut....

Sara Sampaio has given a interview for a Portugese Magazine Flash.

Flash: Mudando de assunto. Já fez vários trabalhos para a Victoria's Secret mas ainda nao é um "anjo". Para quando é que a vamos ver a desfilar com asas?

Sara Sampaio: Quem sabe um dia..

Flash: Vê a Sharam Diniz - a primeira portugesa a desfilar para a marca - como uma rival?

Sara Sampaio: Claro que não. Como é que pode haver rivalidade se os mercados de cada uma de nós

são tão diferentes? Falando da Victoria's Secret, estou a trabalhar com eles desde

Setembro e há uma razão - que não posso revelar - por não ter feito o desfil.

Portanto, ninguém roubou o lugar a ninguém. Que isto fique bem claro.

In English, I'm sorry about the spelling/orthography

Flash: Changing the subject. You have done various jobs for Victoria's Secret but are not an "angel". When we will see you with this wings?

Sara Sampaio: Maybe one day...

Flash: See Sharam Diniz- the first portugese how walk for the brand Victoria's Secret - do you see her as a rival?

Sara Sampaio: Of course not. How can there be rivalry if the markets for each of us are so different? Speaking of Victoria's Secret, I'm working with them since September and there is a reason i can not reveal for not walk for Victoria's Secret. So nobody stole the place to anyone. Let this be clear.

"there is a reason i can not reveal for not walk for Victoria's Secret. So nobody stole the place to anyone. Let this be clear. "

Who else could she have been talking about ...huh ......besides almost everyone thinks she bears more than a passing resemblance to Lima...I am 100% sure that she meant her....

Talk about a stairway to heaven

Of the 10 women named to Forbes’ 2012 list of the highest-earning models, six are or have been Victoria’s Secret Angels, the elite group of models selected not only for their considerable physical beauty but also for their personalities — and their ability to sell underwear and swimwear to women across the globe.

RELATED STORY: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 >>

At the top of the earnings heap is former Angel Gisele Bündchen, who, with contracts for Pantene, Esprit and Versace, earned an estimated $45 million between May 2011 and May 2012.

She was joined by these high-profile Angels:

• Adriana Lima scored fourth place with $7.3 million.

• Doutzen Kroes claimed the fifth spot with $6.9 million.

• Alessandra Ambrosio took the sixth slot with $6.6 million.

• Miranda Kerr garnered seventh place with $4 million.

• Candice Swanepoel came in 10th with $3.1 million.

“Becoming an Angel significantly increases a model’s earning potential due to their visibility around the world,” said Richard Habberley at DNA Model Management, which represents Ambrosio, Kroes and Lindsay Ellingson, another VS Angel. “It changes the girls’ careers completely.”

Carole White, founder of Premier Model Management in London, said, “It was the most massive thing that could have happened to Miranda Kerr. It made her name. Who had heard of her before Victoria’s Secret? They are great at taking a girl — a good-looking model, but a catalogue model — and launching her into the stratosphere. It’s like a modeling medal.”

But Habberley noted that selling bras and undies can be a tricky business.

“The merchants drive the decisions on the Angels. They [Victoria’s Secret] try the girls out, and certain girls sell product. They’re women that appeal to other women. And they’re special because they never appear in men’s magazines. Once you start to do that, they become threatening [to potential female customers],” said Habberley.

Being an Angel opens the gates of opportunity, too. Angels are expected to appear in the annual Victoria’s Secret fashion extravaganza in New York, which in 2012 was broadcast on CBS to more than nine million people. They are also required to appear in ad campaigns, make regular TV and in-store appearances, and pose for Christmas, Valentine’s Day and swimwear catalogues. The exposure often draws lucrative contracts for film and TV — cases in point, former Angels Heidi Klum, Tyra Banks and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.

“They put across their personality. They’re very visible,” said Viva London founder Natalie Hand. “Victoria’s Secret is very proactive in media training for the girls, and I have seen girls transformed through the process. There is a trend for girls with character and personality now. Over the last three to four years, clients really want to have VS girls in their campaigns. Ten years ago, it was seen as just so American, but now internationally, it’s a very powerful campaign.”

This recent sea change in attitude toward the Angels is due in part to British stylist Katie Grand, who met Brazilian Angels Ambrosio and Izabel Goulart at Fashion Rocks in Rio in November 2009.

“Being Brazilian, they have that sort of jaw-dropping immediate beauty where you just sigh and think, ‘Wouldn’t life be perfect if I woke up looking like that?’” quipped Grand.

“I then started working with James Lima and Prada on a Prada archive film called ‘The Love Thing,’ and chose to cast Alessandra in that,” mused Grand. “Miuccia, I think, liked the idea of her being [different from] the usual ‘Prada girl’ and cast her, along with Miranda and Doutzen, in her 2010 winter show.

“It was the same season I cast several Angels in Giles [Deacon’s] show and then also in the Vuitton ‘Bardot’ season. Marc [Jacobs] sent me a text at the beginning of the year, saying, ‘I’m into tits,’ to which I replied, ‘Oh yeah, me too,’ as I’d been doing all this work with Alessandra and the other girls. I love how these girls turn up and are perfection.…They are kind of otherworldly, like a Stepford Wife, like beings from another planet. So perfect.”

But the interviewer was talking about Sharam, not Adriana. If anything, it made me feel like Sara was saying, "Hey, Sharam didn't take my place."

Wow, Gisele's earning are ridiculous haha. I'm surprised that Miranda doesn't make more. There's a bit of a gap between 6th and 7th place though.

I can't even understand Gisele's earnings. I also don't understand how Adriana earned 7.3. I was expecting more tbh. I mean, the two super bowl commercials are big money jobs. How much did she make when she was pregnant? I mean her first pregnancy.

Also, this year's list is going to be interesting. Ale's being going major projects. And Candice might earn more. Her contract expired last year?. I'm guessing they'll pay her more when they're renewing it.

Adriana always makes around that amount. Never much more than that. I've been surprised to see Miranda on the lower end of the list, doesn't she do a lot more work? Then again Adriana's money, the bulk of it comes from her VS contract which I think is bigger than the one Miranda has with VS.

Gisele is the queen. I just saw a post on tumblr about how much money she makes. She makes more money than almost all of the other girls on the list combined :rofl:

wow, Gisele's earning are ridiculous haha. I'm surprised that Miranda doesn't make more. There's a bit of a gap between 6th and 7th place though.

Well a lot of Miranda's non VS work is a lot of magazine work, which doesn't really pay too much. Besides KORA, and her new Mango contract, she doesn't really have a lot of contractual pay coming in, which is where the big money seems to be ;)

Gisele is the queen. I just saw a post on tumblr about how much money she makes. She makes more money than almost all of the other girls on the list combined :rofl:

Gisele has openly come out in a interview and has said she has no idea how these people get their numbers, because she didn't see a dime of what forbes and others are claiming she makes.

Also I'd like to know why models would sign off on allowing their personal finances to be known to the public, because the reality is I just don't see it happening. I have a feeling these are nothing more then estimations based on hearsay, and what a person THINKS they're making.

If Gisele can rebuff the idea that she's making ten's of millions of dollars, how correct are these lists.

These girls probably get a nice lump sum upon signing with VS that is paid out over the years they work for them (at least that would be the smart thing to do), I don't think Adriana made 7 million last year. Tops based on the amount of work she did, and the trickling effect of her leftover VS money... maybe 3 million.

The Superbowl commercials she's shot back in 2011 and they aired in 2012, meaning her her income from them was counted back in the 2011 tax year.

Yea, I remember that Gisele interview. But forbes always makes it clear that it's an estimation. They are not the exact figures. They talk to their lawyers and other insiders. They interviewed Ed and Adriana's agent when the list was released. So they might know a lot.

Anyway, this list isn't new it was first released in june of last year, wwd just decided to give it their own spin. This year's list isn't out yet.

And Adriana couldn't have possibly earned around 3million. She has the most lucrative contract with VS. And if she earned 3 million, then other angels won't be in the list. The superbowl commercials were shot in late 211, which means it was part of her 7.3 million which was released last year. They calculate their earning in a 12 month period (june 2011 - june 2012). They don't start from january.

I don't think Miranda's skincare line is making her much. Someone said it isn't flying off the shelves in Australia (and the person works at David Jones. They sell her products). David Jones pays her 1 million. And she got Mango late last year, so it isn't part of this 4 million. It's going to be part of the list that's coming out this year.

And it's highly unlikely Gisele's earns 7-10 million. That woman runs Brazil. She sweeps all the lucrative contracts over there.

Kween Gisele is in a league of her own! She has all the good contracts in Brazill under her belt. And her own shoe line. What are these people talking about? She doesn't have a Versace contract. And you have to keep in mind the brazilian Real against the US Dollar. It was so incredibly strong at one point. Which is why she jumped from 20 to 45 million. The Real isn't as strong now so I don't know how she'll do this year.

Also, VS might have decreased Miranda's paycheck. She doesn't work frequently for them. They paid Heidi a million dollars a year when she started working less for them. You'd think Miranda was the best paid model with all the high profile attitude she's selling. Candice might be getting more dough from VS than she is :whistle:

Also, VS might have decreased Miranda's paycheck. She doesn't work frequently for them. They paid Heidi a million dollars a year when she started working less for them. You'd think Miranda was the best paid model with all the high profile attitude she's selling. Candice might be getting more dough from VS than she is :whistle: