Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

So Miranda has the paps on speed dial and gives them shots with an averagae of 3.834 outfits per day... Is it really worth being upset over?

I personally think it's smart. Let's be real, Kate Upton would never have scored her Vogue covers without her PR team, Lily probably wouldn't be an Angel is she didn't have her husband and VS started shoving Behati down everyone's throat as soon as her belly button replaced Anne V's as Adam Levine's sperm receiver. Bottom line is, Miranda doesn't make the rules, she's just quite good at playing by them. She knows that her target demo is basically the people who read gossip magazines and does her best to stay relevant to them. That's not just her being an attention whore (lbr, one doesn't become a model because one loves the art of photography or wants to "inspire" people), that's her doing her job.

So Miranda has the paps on speed dial and gives them shots with an averagae of 3.834 outfits per day... Is it really worth being upset over?

I personally think it's smart. Let's be real, Kate Upton would never have scored her Vogue covers without her PR team, Lily probably wouldn't be an Angel is she didn't have her husband and VS started shoving Behati down everyone's throat as soon as her belly button replaced Anne V's as Adam Levine's sperm receiver. Bottom line is, Miranda doesn't make the rules, she's just quite good at playing by them. She knows that her target demo is basically the people who read gossip magazines and does her best to stay relevant to them. That's not just her being an attention whore (lbr, one doesn't become a model because one loves the art of photography or wants to "inspire" people), that's her doing her job.

This ^^^

+1

I understand when people say 'it's smart' (business wise) but just because it's smart, doesn't mean it's not petty. There have been successful people who have done without all of the types of things Miranda does to promote herself. I don't see anything wrong with someone expressing that they're not a fan of the methods Miranda turns to? Using the logic that modeling is the same thing as calling the paparazzi when you're about to step out doesn't make sense to me. If they were, there wouldn't be certain models you can compare/contrast and it's evident that they don't both "attention whore". I think it wouldn't make sense to argue that what Miranda does has indeed helped her career (I do think she's smarter than all of the VS angels as far as branding herself goes) but it's not a huge ordeal to simply point out that the girl puts all things 2nd to getting any type of attention. Nothing wrong with discussing that... as that's really all we do on these forums (discuss models, their work and what they do)

Discussions are fine like you said but I think using words like fame whore is bashing the model and her methods to achieve success.

Miranda and Alessandra are the girls we see papped the most. I personally don't care if they call them. If there are models out there actually getting attention I am happy. It's rare that anyone cares about models because of all the attention on celebrities.

:laugh: There are far worse things said that are tolerated by all Mods on this forum than the phrase 'attention/fame whore'. I know what you mean when you say you don't care. Everyone is definitely in their right to make of it what they want. Some might say 'it might be pathetic, but so?' and that's entirely fine.

About the media caring about models (especially American) that's true, it's usually Miranda, Kate, and Ale etc. Has anyone noticed that in recent months daily mail has started featuring less heard of models more (and individually rather than grouping them in with other girls) for example I recently saw an article about maryna linchuk, featuring only her. They usually include her with Candice and whoever else is shooting VS swim, but I hadn't seen an article on just her on that website before.

:laugh: There are far worse things said that are tolerated by all Mods on this forum than the phrase 'attention/fame whore'. I know what you mean when you say you don't care. Everyone is definitely in their right to make of it what they want. Some might say 'it might be pathetic, but so?' and that's entirely fine.

About the media caring about models (especially American) that's true, it's usually Miranda, Kate, and Ale etc. Has anyone noticed that in recent months daily mail has started featuring less heard of models more (and individually rather than grouping them in with other girls) for example I recently saw an article about maryna linchuk, featuring only her. They usually include her with Candice and whoever else is shooting VS swim, but I hadn't seen an article on just her on that website before.

I stand by what i said, all this goes down while Miranda makes money thanks to being an oh-so-called fame whore. Kudos to her for being rich, pretty & a smart business woman (Y)

As for Karlie doing VS ... Somebody needs to make it stop, it's like painful to watch

This video males me sad that Jeisa (3:38) and Nadine (4:11) were one-hit wonders at the VSFS, Linda V (3:30) never made it through castings, and that Anja (0:47) started working with them before her haircut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQWdGl539w0

Sidenote: Did they really think putting the bustiest models in the show in those tops would work out well? :ermm: