Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

27 minutes ago, Fuka said:

She's right. I don't criticize anyone here but there are many hypocrites who claim diversity in front, but who finally scream and regret the old time so exclusionary. If Alexina is so hated is that she is different in her physique and personality.
Of course a redhead girl poses a problem to a lot of people, it exists it's hypocrites to deny it.

I’m not even gonna bother trying to talk to someone who thinks casting a white with a different hair colour to the other white girls is the kind of diversity people are asking for in the fashion industry, and what anyone is talking about on BZ specifically. 

Alexina talking about being bullied for having red hair is like every other model talking about being bullied for being tall and skinny, when those are the exact beauty standards that are being pushed on women. Sure, kids are mean and it probably sucked at the time, but let’s not pretend it compares at all to the treatment POC can face. 

55 minutes ago, jessicanicole said:

Pretty sure no one dislikes Alexina because she’s a redhead. Not once has that been given as a reason as to why people don’t think she should be an angel. 

I totally agree. I actually think she has beautiful hair. It's her face/ voice/ attitude/ body/ personality (everything but the hair actually) that makes me dislike her and think she will fail at being an Angel. that's just me though. 

I hope we hear an announcement about Grace. She is a little boring or VS, but she's gorgeous and I think she's a good spokesmodel and I've liked her for a while.

If they're going to hire Alexina before Grace,  I think that's crazy. Grace worked her way up and has a solid impression with the customers. More people than not dislike Alexina so I'm still like "wtf VS....why??"

5 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

Alexina talking about being bullied for having red hair is like every other model talking about being bullied for being tall and skinny, when those are the exact beauty standards that are being pushed on women. 

She's another case of "poor white girl". This really reminds me of Devon and the "I couldn't speak french" thing.

12 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

This woman genuinely thinks she’s oppressed because of her hair colour. I can’t deal with this nonsense. :rofl: Literally no one is telling kids they can’t achieve shit because of their hair colour. 

22728AAD-CCEB-4391-898B-3A799D5FD37D.jpeg

LOL yeah I've never heard this either. I dislike this teenager more and more (because I refuse to call her a woman). She is as stupid and sensitive as a teenager with raging hormones. 

and her hair doesn't even look red in that picture, at least to me. How come it looks so fiery red in VS shots?

I have effed up box died hair that is like 4 colors...where is my role model telling me that I "can be whoever I want to be, don't let that box dye job stop you!!!"??

on a serious note, I like the Swim pictures the more I look at them. a lot of the suits are butt-ugly, but the vibe is nice.

I think my favorite year for Swim was 2009 and 2013. This one is nice but nothing special. And I genuinely with a passion hated the Swim special so let's hope that waste of space and money never happens again, good lord. 

I want Leomie to be an Angel if we're going for diversity here. I'm kinda over Ming and I never like Sui...Kesley Merrit would be good someday but she needs to stay in PINK for a bit. 

Alexina and her hair (lovely hair, that's the only compliment you'll hear me give her) are not doing it for me in the diversity arena. I'm still mad they didn't use Cintia more when she was working with them. I like seeing other people on here remember those good ol' times as well. 

3 minutes ago, secretangels said:

so Lily is not an angel anymore? :/

From what everyone and everything I've read has stated, sadly she is not. 

Lily was one of my favorite Angels. I'm bummed she's gone but I do think she had a great run and I'm glad she got the FB and was highlighted throughout the years. 

I just wonder how much longer Candice and Behati have. I like them both a lot and it'll super weird for me to see VS with no Lily, Candice, and Behati (I don't like Alessandra or Adriana so them leaving didn't affect me at all, but Lily leaving made me jus tbe like awwww noooo) lol

1 hour ago, Fuka said:

Ok(?). My point is still the same, it's not like people would isolate them because they're redheads, overall redheads are pretty much accepted. WOC are discriminated, redheads aren't. Many people commit suicide every year over bullying, it's sad and awful but stop trying to make them seem like they're opressed over their red color, they are not.

14 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

This woman genuinely thinks she’s oppressed because of her hair colour. I can’t deal with this nonsense. :rofl: Literally no one is telling kids they can’t achieve shit because of their hair colour.

Identity politics... that's what the media ask for. That's what they get for constantly asking what group people belong to. The company probably told her to say that. Anyway,  next time, they better take into account the short feet clan, the hairy legged league or the six nippled association in their process, otherwise people are gonna get offended. :laugh:

BTW, I belong to the league of the non-vegan fish eaters and I demand that VS recruits the fisherman's woman right now  :bellazon:

Spoiler

Anyway, I hope they just select them based on who is the most beautiful... that's what modelling is about.

And, on this topic, Alexina is still hotter than most angels. :cain:

21 hours ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Oh please, there should’ve been an Asian Angel long before a redhead one. VS had their chance with Cintia but fucked it up for themselves...she could’ve been the first redhead Angel during  2010 with Candice and the others. 

Came here to say exactly this. Cintia literally had everything (and still does even in her 30s tbh) but they just dropped the fucking ball. 

Also agreeing that everything BUT her red hair (walk, personality, general modeling talent) is a reason to dislike Alexina. She just doesn't offer anything interesting and for sure has not paid her dues on the team to be elevated so quickly.

15 minutes ago, sumiregusa said:

Came here to say exactly this. Cintia literally had everything (and still does even in her 30s tbh) but they just dropped the fucking ball. 

Also agreeing that everything BUT her red hair (walk, personality, general modeling talent) is a reason to dislike Alexina. She just doesn't offer anything interesting and for sure has not paid her dues on the team to be elevated so quickly.

I agree with your entire post. 

I wonder why they never pursued Cintia when she was working for them. hmmm....

^ They should just hire people based on their individual qualities, not based on their social groups, IMHO. Otherwise, that triggers social group competitions, which is exactly what is starting to happen.

6 minutes ago, sumiregusa said:

Cintia literally had everything (and still does even in her 30s tbh) but they just dropped the fucking ball.

On this, I agree. Cintia is a great model. Hot like fire. Unfortunately, she undergoes a real discrimination... her age (32 is seen as the age of dinosaurs). I mean Alexina who is 29 is already seen as a queen of the stone age by some:cain:

Both Alexina and Cintia are great.

I just can't get over Alexina's face shape and voice/speaking abilties or lack thereof. That picture above with the greenish lingerie is soooo off-putting because of her upside down triangle face. not trying to be rude, but that's how I think of her face shape. however, her hair looks amazing in that picture and her body looks good too. normally I do not like her body shape either but from the side it's nice. I am happy for her and her fans though. 

Cintia's face is gorgeous in my opinion, but I know not everyone sees that, including VS.