Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

2 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

Jas has a meet and greet event tomorrow in Vancouver. 

What happened to all the in-store "meet the angels" events that VS used to do? I haven't seen these advertised in forever, and the VS Facebook page hasn't had any listed in a long time (and it doesn't even mention this event with Jasmine). In Los Angeles, these used to happen all the time, every few months or so. Are they still happening, and if so, where can I find out about them in advance? 

9 minutes ago, Basal_ganglia said:

What happened to all the in-store "meet the angels" events that VS used to do? I haven't seen these advertised in forever, and the VS Facebook page hasn't had any listed in a long time (and it doesn't even mention this event with Jasmine). In Los Angeles, these used to happen all the time, every few months or so. Are they still happening, and if so, where can I find out about them in advance? 

They haven't really had any of those in a while. There are some in-store events with the Angels, but they're to present new collections to the press. Jas' M&G is the first I've seen advertised in a while. Jo and Martha had one a few weeks ago in Hong Kong, and there were others in China a year or so ago, before the show. 

1 minute ago, GlitterAndWings said:

They haven't really had any of those in a while. There are some in-store events with the Angels, but they're to present new collections to the press. Jas' M&G is the first I've seen advertised in a while. Jo and Martha had one a few weeks ago in Hong Kong, and there were others in China a year or so ago, before the show. 

Interesting, anyone know why they stopped? Seems to me like VS just keeps slowing down and getting less exciting. 

1 hour ago, Basal_ganglia said:

Interesting, anyone know why they stopped? Seems to me like VS just keeps slowing down and getting less exciting. 

There was talk that hardly anyone showed up for Taylor’s M&G while Adriana’s was popular, IIRC. Maybe VS figured that they needed to put M&Gs on pause till the “New Angels” would become household names.

And I guess social media's importance had an impact as well.

Just now, Sanni said:

There was talk that hardly anyone showed up for Taylor’s M&G while Adriana’s was popular, IIRC. Maybe VS figured that they needed to put M&Gs on pause till the “New Angels” would become household names.

And I guess social media's importance had an impact as well.

Hmm I'd think social media would make these more popular, not less. Can't imagine having Taylor in the house and no one showing up. 

3 minutes ago, Basal_ganglia said:

Hmm I'd think social media would make these more popular, not less. Can't imagine having Taylor in the house and no one showing up.  

I meant VS focusing on digital content for social media instead of in-person fan interactions. :) By now, Taylor has probably built a fanbase that would show up but back then she was still new.