Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

So who should VS start working with through the year?

Who should they keep at the show next year?

And who should they scrap?

I think they should work with Kate and Irina. I think they were both stunning on the runway. And they could be great in catalogue.

I'm pretty happy with Lais, Martha, Jasmine, Stella being used a lot during the year with the Angels. And can't wait to see Elsa's transition into mainline. Taylor should be the next Pink girl.

Josephine, Jac, Sara, Kelly, Cindy, Shanina, Bregje, Devon I hope also do a lot more catalogue work with the brand and be in the show again next year.

I'm still not for sure on Maria yet. She was a lot better this year but she still reminds me of a creature about to attack.

I think that Grace, Maud, Romee, Kasia need to go.

Lindsay, Izabel, Isabeli, Jacquelyn, Ieva have all done their parts and should finish up. Jacquelyn and Ieva seem will never get anything more than Pink.

I'm sorry Kev, nobody saw your post because of the Doutzen's news lol.

I pretty much agree on who has to go.

I have to look at th rest more closely though.

Well, it makes sense for VS to replace their Angels with someone that's similar. I mean, each Angel is supposed to cater t o a market, if the Angel goes, so does the market. So they try to get someone in that'll allow them to keep it, it's very smart.

Who in GODS name is going to replace Doutzen next year. 

I think someone here was right, that Doutzen has different priorities now (her family), and doesn't care that much anymore for her career. After she got her first child perhaps she lost interest in modelling a bit. Compare her energy in 2008 with 2011. 

I think she cares quite a bit for her career as this was a smart decision involving her and her agents. Like it was said earlier she was never going to be like Adriana or Candice for VS, so its the perfect time to move on and do other things. Plus she did talk about other lingerie brands showing interest in her, so I am sure we will see her work for other brands

but why would she leave VS if she would work for other lingerie brands? I understand other brands in general, but why another lingerie brand?

Yes it was a smart decision. But perhaps if career was her only focus in live she wouldn't have let go of VS that easily perhaps. She would have been like Heidi, staying there as long as possible. 

Actually she did say that when her first child was born, she didn't want to work ever again, and just wanted to care for her child. It's after a while she really wanted to work again. Still children can change you. 

I think someone here was right, that Doutzen has different priorities now (her family), and doesn't care that much anymore for her career. After she got her first child perhaps she lost interest in modelling a bit. Compare her energy in 2008 with 2011. 

I think she cares quite a bit for her career as this was a smart decision involving her and her agents. Like it was said earlier she was never going to be like Adriana or Candice for VS, so its the perfect time to move on and do other things. Plus she did talk about other lingerie brands showing interest in her, so I am sure we will see her work for other brands

but why would she leave VS if she would work for other lingerie brands? I understand other brands in general, but why another lingerie brand?

Yes it was a smart decision. But perhaps if career was her only focus in live she wouldn't have let go of VS that easily perhaps. She would have been like Heidi, staying there as long as possible. 

Actually she did say that when her first child was born, she didn't want to work ever again, and just wanted to care for her child. It's after a while she really wanted to work again. Still children can change you. 

More money. Duh.

Original post edited with updated Angels. After the news that Doutzen is no longer staying with VS. I moved Doutzen and Lindsay out and put Elsa in. I also updated the possible contract girls to Jasmine, Lais, Martha and Stella after this years show.

Claudia didn't you tell me like two weeks ago about Doutzen and VS parting ways? Girl tell your insider whomever he or she is ...spot on!

Minority here; but yay! no more soccer mom/trophy wife. I do not, nor have I ever seen the appeal of Doutzen. No tears here.

Well, it makes sense for VS to replace their Angels with someone that's similar. I mean, each Angel is supposed to cater t o a market, if the Angel goes, so does the market. So they try to get someone in that'll allow them to keep it, it's very smart.

Agreed. It's something they have done for ages now. Just trying to figure if maybe Elsa is considered Doutzen or Lindsay's replacement. If anything I would say Doutzen.

More money. Duh.

more money than VS lol?