Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Not necessary. Ale doesn't do swim (except for this project as I'm assuming its an angel requirement) because of her own swim line. Candice nor Adriana have been are all over VS Beauty because of other contracts because of other contracts, at least I assume Adriana signed with Maybelline again (or was her shoot last year just a one time thing?) and Candice has some kind of contract with Max Factor I think. So it is possible she has an angel contrat but not a beauty contract.

I doubt they would go through so much trouble for her specifically.  Adriana and Ale have a long history with VS and Candice is their most used Angel so of course they are going to bend the rules a little bit for them.

Doutzen had L'Oreal, Miranda had Kora, Karlie has L'Oreal too, Adriana does indeed have a new Maybelline contract, Candice has Max Factor and Alessandra has her Swim line now. The only Angels with zero contracts outside VS are Behati, Lily and now Elsa.

VS has a wide range of products so when a model can't do just one of those things they probably don't care that much about it. I do think Joan would be perfect for VS tbh, I think she has more potential than Lais who while I adore her, she just doesn't seem to have the personality for it IMO, at least Joan is relevant in the industry and thanks to Estee Lauder she is a more known face, that being said I'm also sure that the only reason why she is in the Swim special it's because she's from Pto. Rico.

I've always said if there is any model who could fill Tyra's shoes as an Angel it would definitely be Joan or possibly Jourdan. I think she's proving that with this swim special.

Why are you looking at Joan or Jourdan to fill Tyra's shoes? Why can't they fill Doutzen's shoes?
Because fashion is an industry based on looks, maybe?

Not necessary. Ale doesn't do swim (except for this project as I'm assuming its an angel requirement) because of her own swim line. Candice nor Adriana have been are all over VS Beauty because of other contracts because of other contracts, at least I assume Adriana signed with Maybelline again (or was her shoot last year just a one time thing?) and Candice has some kind of contract with Max Factor I think. So it is possible she has an angel contrat but not a beauty contract.

It also depends on who has dibs and how time consuming the Estee Lauder contract is.

I love Joan. Always wanted her as Angel. They should have gone for her over Chanel all those years ago but they chose Chanel. The person who no one liked. And whil I love Karlie once again instead of going for someone like Joan they got Karlie and she hasn't been this amazing Angel. They always pick the wrong industry girl. While I don't see her getting Angel and I do think they are using her because of Puerto Rico that's pretty awesome. It also seems like she filled Karlie's spot. She seemed to be at the main shoot. She was the only non Angel with them for the Maroon 5 performance. So it's kind of strange but awesome at the same time.

I'm going to count Sara and Marloes out, because they were gone by the time the TV crew arrived. I can definitely see them releasing a catalogue or supplemental to go along with the special, and they could be in that? Along with Romee, who just did swim in PR. 

Does anyone knows when was the last time Karlie shot VS? Another huge batch was released and again, no Karlie at all and we know she will completely miss the TV special ... Just me or this is starting to feel a lot like Chanel 2.0?

^ If this is another Chanel, it may have been VS dumping her. Audience didn't warm up to her based on socialat media and VSFS ratings dropped this year, meaning people gives zero fucks about her and Taylor's friendship because It didn't draw more people so I could see VS wanting out, especially considering they have been testing the waters a lot with some new girls and I can see Jac replacing Karlie in the lineup easily.

I'm still hopeful about the October shot tho, Candice, Martha & Elsa looked great in their previews :pinch:

Is this Swim Special going to have a fashion show or is it going to be all prerecorded garbage?

I believe it's all prerecorded garbage. I don't think it's a fashion show. Unless they do make a small "fashion show" and all the recorded stuff they've been doing is for segments, but I doubt it. However, knowing VS they do waste money filming so much for only a measly couple of minutes or seconds. 

#nothingbigiscoming