Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Karlie is not immune to VS money but who needs VS when you have your own Beauty contract, your own denim line plus innumerable other jobs? She already got everything she could out of VS, especially last year she was featured heavily in everything. Karlie isn't Lily/Candice/Erin/Lindsay who didn't have a career outside VS, she is also a lot younger than all of them so if she leaves VS next year she'll be 24, young enough to have time to move on and do whatever she wants. 

I'm with Kev here, I doubt she'll re-sign after her first three years. 

She may now, but she didn't before VS and if she leaves VS and loses her exposure it won't be long before she goes MIA like most of the former Angels (Erin, Marisa, Selita, Izabel), especially considering once she leaves VS she won't be exactly young enough to have a fresh start. She doesn't have long-standing relationship with designers or photographers like Doutzen and Karlie do thanks to all their HF background, Doutzen left VS and I'm sure that if she wants to her HF career will take off again, same for Karlie. Those two can leave VS and pull a Gisele, same can't be said about the rest of the Angels.

When you sign a VS deal such a young age it's a mistake IMO, because that exclusivity you give the brand doesn't allow to build a career outside the brand, especially considering that these days no one cares about models so models regardless how long they've been in the industry, are still nameless hot/pretty girls to most of people so they can't play the celebrity card. That's probably part of the reason why Alessandra & Adriana stay with VS, they know they need the VS buzz to keep them relevant.

She may now, but she didn't before VS and if she leaves VS and loses her exposure it won't be long before she goes MIA like most of the former Angels (Erin, Marisa, Selita, Izabel), especially considering once she leaves VS she won't be exactly young enough to have a fresh start. She doesn't have long-standing relationship with designers or photographers like Doutzen and Karlie do thanks to all their HF background, Doutzen left VS and I'm sure that if she wants to her HF career will take off again, same for Karlie. Those two can leave VS and pull a Gisele, same can't be said about the rest of the Angels.

When you sign a VS deal such a young age it's a mistake IMO, because that exclusivity you give the brand doesn't allow to build a career outside the brand, especially considering that these days no one cares about models so models regardless how long they've been in the industry, are still nameless hot/pretty girls to most of people so they can't play the celebrity card. That's probably part of the reason why Alessandra & Adriana stay with VS, they know they need the VS buzz to keep them relevant.

I agree with this. I truly can't see Karlie staying with VS beyond a standard 3-year period. She has a lot going for her outside of VS, and I highly doubt her agents/managers will want her tied to the brand for so long. I don't see VS offering her a lucrative amount of $$$ to stay, considering they barely use her compared to their other 'golden girls' (Lily, Candice, Behati).

If Candice leaves, I could see her career slowing down A LOT. To be honest, she seems totally over it and just wants to move to Brazil and become a beach bum. VS definitely allows her to live a comfortable life making a lot of $$$, so I doubt she'll be proactive towards leaving. She'll probably go the Erin Heatherton/Izabel Goulart route and work with mostly commercial brands with occasional HF work.

I feel the same way about Behati. Now that she's Mrs. Levine, if she leaves VS, she doesn't need to work her ass off in high fashion to make a living. She truly lucked out. She's a pretty average commercial model who got lucky with VS and then subsequently marrying a high profile musician. She can thank VS for her fabulous life tbh.

If Lily leaves VS her career is pretty much dead too. She'll probably be like Miranda and just work with commercial brands. I wonder what Lindsay's career will be like.

Very few former VS angels can completely rebound after leaving and have an amazing career. Rosie, Karolina, and Gisele (obvi haha) are the best examples. All the other pretty much fall off the radar and flop.

I totally agree with you about Candice, when she leaves VS she wil definitly take it easy, to bad for me tho :( but kinda Knowing her she will live life easy, she had her shine with VS and other campaigns, runway and commercial work etc Now she has enough money so i think she's pretty satisfied. Knowing Candice she Loves the quit, easy, beach, free life. Just not much fame and getting a happy family somewhere in Brazil. Good for her. Still hope i'm wrong tho :D hope she will be something like Doutzen or Rosie, talking career wise

People also something, these girls all started working when they were around 15 years old. By the time they are 30 most of them are sick of it and they just want to retire and be family people, the reason why Adriana & Alessandra are still with VS it's probably because they get paid more than the other girls for doing probably a quarter of their job, I doubt Adriana would still be an Angel if she had a contract as demanding as it was back in 2008.

Also I agree with Laura & Gab, I can see Candice semi-retiring once she parts ways VS, just get one lucrative commercial contract and settle with that. I may not be Candice's biggest fan but she doesn't strike me as one of those fame hungry girls who will keep doing whatever they get offered to stay relevant, she seems more laid back, I can see Candice leaving within the next 3 years and I think it'll be her choice. 

Behati is an ok model who got lucky when VS PINK scooped her up. She only has 2 things going for her: a VS contract and her marriage. I personally don't think her marriage will last and her VS contract isn't forever. Once both of these things are gone she will probably slowly disappear like so many of the past VS Angels

Lindsay mentioned about starting her own makeup or skincare line. I get the sense she is getting tired of modeling and is slowly distancing herself from it so she is exploring other options. Also, her husband makes a decent living so I doubt money wouldn't be an issue for her.

Karlie had so much potential but it never came to fruition. I doubt she would stay with VS. She doesn't need them and they don't need her.

Lily will probably start her own clothing after she leaves VS. She might try to do some commercial work here and there but her modeling career will slowly dwindle once her VS contract is over. I am pretty sure she is well-aware of that.

Lindsay bf is sexayyyy tbh... cause even tho i love candice her bf is kinda of ugly , lily bf is cute .... behati bf adam was super hot... now is just looks old as well behati lol ( wel just in hd) and  Karlie bf is taylor swift so not my cup of tea.   #bodybyiza

Of all the girls I want Lily to have the most success. I know she also had luck dating Caleb at the time VS used her but I think she is really great. She has moments where she just outshines all the girls. Especially in commercials. Her catalogue work is always nice and she has improved in the show. I do hope VS keep her around for a bit. She won't be a Adriana, Alessandra, Miranda or Candice but she does a good job. But even after VS I guess she doesn't need much. Her husband has heaps of money and I can see her becoming more focued on their family. She stays away from all the fame stuff. Except when she is hanging out with Taylor.

Of all the girls I want Lily to have the most success. I know she also had luck dating Caleb at the time VS used her but I think she is really great. She has moments where she just outshines all the girls. Especially in commercials. Her catalogue work is always nice and she has improved in the show. I do hope VS keep her around for a bit. She won't be a Adriana, Alessandra, Miranda or Candice but she does a good job. But even after VS I guess she doesn't need much. Her husband has heaps of money and I can see her becoming more focued on their family. She stays away from all the fame stuff. Except when she is hanging out with Taylor.

THIS!

If I remember correctly, the production team seemed to arrive a day before the models the last time as well, I'm assuming to scout locations and prepare. I'm positive they're shooting again this week. Ed confirmed they're wrapping on Saturday, and the guy from the TV company posted about going back PR for work. 

I agree with what pretty much everyone else has said. While I love Karlie's HF work, she's never struck me as a girl that fits well with VS. They were smart to sign her because she was everywhere at the time and maybe they thought she'd bring something different for the brand. I could see her staying beyond her initial 3 year contract if it's as non-restrictive as it is now, tbh. But it also wouldn't surprise me in the least if they parted ways amicably once hers is up, the only thing she really has left to do there is get the FB.

I think Candice will sign with them one more time, she's still one of their younger girls in spite of being a vet. I do think that once she leaves she may sign a lucrative contract with a commercial brand that would still allow her to not do much work as far as shoots and traveling goes. Behati got really lucky because without VS she'd be nowhere (marrying Adam Levine certainly hasn't hurt, either). She's pretty meh to me, especially her work outside of VS, but I think they're really going to push her this year and unless she gets pregnant this year and isn't walking, I think it's safe to say the FB is going to be hers. Post-VS, I don't think she'll have much of a career and will be famous simply for being "Adam Levine's wife" for however long that lasts.

Lily has mentioned wanted to start some kind of line of her own. She already has her partnership with Velvet so I wouldn't be surprised if once she left VS (probably in 2016 when her contract is up) if she focused on that and a few editorials here and there. When she's not working, she seems really focused on her family life. Lindsay is starting her own cosmetics line and I hope it does well since I always liked her even if she was a bit of a bore.

Are Ale and Adriana involved in the second part of this swim thing?

That's exactly how Candice comes across like to me, I feel like after VS, she will settle for one or two other commercial contracts and go spend the rest of her life at the beach where she will have erotic sex and get sunburned for fun. Fame doesn't seem like a priority for her as it is for some of the others.

I think, Karlie just doesn't bring anything new to the table, I really like her but she's no vs Angel material. She is already more than super successful outside and I believe she can even be bigger if she commits the time she's giving to VS right now on other things. Idk for how long she plans to stay with VS though, but I do hope they part ways soon.

Behati, I believe stinks of mediocrity. I don't think even her marriage will do much for her career, and after VS, she's done. Not that money would be a problem.

Lily, well, I don't see her going anywhere after VS either. I gotta hand it to her though, her print work for them is superb, but please, cut her cloth according to her size, no segment opening ever again.

I am pumped about Doutzen's career, I want to see the direction she's going to take.

And I really wish Lindsay well. I want her cosmetics line to succeed. Always had a soft spot for her.

Adriana, it seems won't be going anywhere soon, as much asmot pains me. It does look like she's going to have a good career after VS, if 2014 is anything to go by. And money won't be a problem. Her bank account is clogged With VS bills and now again maybelline, not to mention all her other campaigns.

Alessandra's swimwear line seems to be taking off, and she's always filthy rich.

I think we can all agree that these girls won't suffer financially post vs (they should include thanking VS in their prayers), it more about if they will stay relevant in the industry.

I agree with basically everything you guys said. I also think it depends on what a girl wants to do not just after VS, but after their modeling careers, and it seems to me that staying relevant in the industry is not the biggest priority for most of them. Karlie will be anyway with or without VS (I've always loved her in HF, and even more when she signed with them, but after three years I'm like "okay, now what?"), the others seem to want to focus more on their families, and who cares about fame when they still can make money in other ways. If they still want to be famous and relevant well, that's another story.