Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Lindsay has great potential because there is no other Angel who carries herself the same way that she does. She is so prim and proper and her princess like prettiness adds to it. She just needs to stop memorising what she is going to say because very few can pull that off like Tyra when she was promoting Body by Victoria (and I'm not looking for perfection either):

I can forgive someone like Adriana saying rehearsed lines because there is a language barrier.

Some of the girls should study Marisa when it comes to talking to reporters.

And ban the word comfortable, it has become redundant because I've heard them describe so many products that way! Now whenever someone describes a bra etc. as "comfortable" it tells me they really have not put any effort into the spokesmodel aspect of their job.

And don't rush to sell the product! The interviewers are professionals, they'll get to it. Especially if they are men because it is an opportunity for jokes when they are holding lace panties in their hands.

I can forgive someone like Adriana saying rehearsed lines because there is a language barrier.

After 13-15 years of speaking English on a daily basis, being engrossed in the language every time she steps out of the house and goes to work (or anywhere for that matter), and living in Muerica for what 10 years+ ? there should be no language barrier . . . none . . . and don't a single one of you say otherwise. :voodoo: :rofl: smart(ed)

Language barrier means she can't understand people and people can't understand her, right? I have never seen her (in the past couple of years) have a problem understanding someone nor have I seen an interviewer not understand her. Yes, she has a strong accent. Yes, she might get tounge tied sometimes, but she usually corrects herself. Anyway, that isn't what you would call a language barrier. I doubt VS would send her ass everywhere over girls who speak English as a first language if people couldn't understand her and vice versa no matter how famous she is. And I agree about her being higher on that list. She could be lying her ass off about whatever product she's selling, but you would never be able to tell unlike some of the other girls. Hell, she has made her career off of lying. I have been waiting for it to come and bite her in the ass, but either she's been lucky or she has the best PR team ever. And that's not bad because a lot of celebs do it, I get it, but they always get some sort of backlash, but I feel like she never got that.

I just saw the Calzedonia show, and to put it nicely: It shits all over the past too many VSFS. They're using nice lingerie/swimsuit instead of having the models wear ugly costumes, nope they use the products they actually have for sell, the casting is full of girls killer bodies that look great in underwear (Bregje, Sara, Lisalla Renata K, Shanina, etc), the music is okay and the models look like they're having fun without blowing kisses or looking like idiots, the hair and makeup it's perfect too ...

Here's one segment I loved

I wish VS saw this and took note

Language barrier means she can't understand people and people can't understand her, right? I have never seen her (in the past couple of years) have a problem understanding someone nor have I seen an interviewer not understand her. Yes, she has a strong accent. Yes, she might get tounge tied sometimes, but she usually corrects herself. Anyway, that isn't what you would call a language barrier. I doubt VS would send her ass everywhere over girls who speak English as a first language if people couldn't understand her and vice versa no matter how famous she is. And I agree about her being higher on that list. She could be lying her ass off about whatever product she's selling, but you would never be able to tell unlike some of the other girls. Hell, she has made her career off of lying. I have been waiting for it to come and bite her in the ass, but either she's been lucky or she has the best PR team ever. And that's not bad because a lot of celebs do it, I get it, but they always get some sort of backlash, but I feel like she never got that.

What did she lie about? I just know about the "virgin case".

Could you explain, please? :flower:

What I meant by rehearsed lines and having a language barrier is that when there was a new specific feature about a product that Adriana would have to inform the audience about she would utter a few sentences that were clearly thought of by someone else because of the choice of words etc. but I don't mind that as much because many wouldn't be confident enough to wing it in a foreign language.

I was thinking of moments like around 1.45:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErrTEEcKv8Q

However, someone like Lindsay who grew up speaking English should be able to relate to the audience in her own words more or less.

Prettyphile, I have wondered about why she kept struggling so much with English. I came to the conclusion that ultimately the reason was that she continued to get away with it. Just be a beautiful model, smile big and no one will care!

What did she lie about? I just know about the "virgin case".

Could you explain, please? :flower:

Nah, I feel like I went off topic as it is, but you seem to already know anyway!

I just saw the Calzedonia show, and to put it nicely: It shits all over the past too many VSFS. They're using nice lingerie/swimsuit instead of having the models wear ugly costumes, nope they use the products they actually have for sell, the casting is full of girls killer bodies that look great in underwear (Bregje, Sara, Lisalla Renata K, Shanina, etc), the music is okay and the models look like they're having fun without blowing kisses or looking like idiots, the hair and makeup it's perfect too ...

On the plus side:

-Shanina

-Horny women

-Good music

On the minus side:

-Way too much going on, too many saide-shows, too many crowd shots

-Sarah Jessica Parker

-Non parlo italiano

-The host ain't no Heidi Klum

Its pretty much just a watered down rip off of the VS show but it was a cute and fun.

And on the whole who is the better and worst spokemodels I would say....

1. Karlie-(best) I haven't seen her do much interview for VS yet but the ones I have are pretty good & she comes off natural and well spoken with just enough enthusiasm and energy
  2. Adriana-(good) I know a lot of people would disagree but even with her brocken english in all girl knows how to sell just about ANYTHING whether she is lieng or not, girls could probably sell trashbags and bug spray and make it seem like the best thing ever and plus she knows how to keep people attention.
  3. Lily-(good) her voice gets on my nerves sometime but she is a pretty good sell woman I will admit and she actually seems like she know what she is talking about and actually would use/buy the products she is selling.
  4. Lindsay- (good) eventhough I find her boring as all get out girl sounds educated and eloquent and knows how to STAY ON TOPIC
  5. Candice-(semi-good) she has a pretty good, easy on the ears speaking voice but she sometimes comes off as boring and uninterested and as someone said before she tends to slur her words.
  6. Doutzen-(semi-good) like Candice she has a nice speaking and never comes off as fake but she tends to come off as rehearsed and uniterested sometimes
  7. Ale/Miranda-(sami-good) they are either hot or cold, sometimes they can have the right amount of energy and enthusiasm and know just what to say or do and other times they can come off as just plain fake, contrived, uninterest, and reheared
  8. Behati-(bad) she always strikes me as someone who would rather be taling about anything other than what what she is selling for VS and she comes off as uninterestered and all over the place a lot of times
  9. Erin-(bad) i know a lot of people hold her as one of the top spokesmodels and I'll admit she does have her good days like Miranda and Ale but she is just plain boring and awkward/uncomfortable in a lot of her interviews I've seen. Alike someone else said she repeats her self over and over again and sometimes seems uninterested and even like she has an attitude.

Just my opinion of course

Correct. And she makes more sense and is more understandable than the Angels that have English as a native language

There is this what is sexy video, probably from last year. Candice was announcing the winners or however you'd like to call them and she seemed so into herself that it seemed she was referring to herself as having sexy features instead of the stars she was naming. Lord, that video was such a turnoff

About the that show Miss Lima,

There was another one called 'Monange Dream' that featured a lot of top flight Brazilian swimsuit models. I think it ran for two or three years. I liked the images and short youtube clips of it better than VS as well, but I never got around to finding uploads of the show..

The Calzedonia show is beautiful! They don't have so much tackiness like the VS ones, they're elegant, simple and it pulls together very nicely, VS has everything all over, here have some wings, let's add a train to your outfit aswell! Oh but wait there's more! Here have an umbrella snookums.

Behati probably was the cutest announcing the What is Sexy winners, she was very relaxed, happy and you can feel her good vibes. Could have chosen a more flattering Beyonce photo though