Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I think Taylor and Elsa could actually have an equal treatment from VS like Gisele and Karolina did (multiple FBs, show opening, segment openings, lots of screentime). I think they both hold their own really well. A lot of people think Taylor has an edge because she's younger but she's terrible in interviews and clearly she's not the smartest cookie so VS needs to work on that, while Elsa is older but she has three years of being a PINK girl under her belt so she nails the PR part already so that means VS can send her to do PR already, and they are doing it and I think that's the reason why she got plenty more screentime at the VSFS.

All the other girls are fucked tho, they have no chance against these two, if anything Jasmine has a safe place because VS needs a WOC and she's American so she has an advantage over Lais. Everyone else is going to be standing in Taylor & Elsa's shado IMO.

3 hours ago, Clauds said:

I think Taylor and Elsa could actually have an equal treatment from VS like Gisele and Karolina did (multiple FBs, show opening, segment openings, lots of screentime). I think they both hold their own really well. A lot of people think Taylor has an edge because she's younger but she's terrible in interviews and clearly she's not the smartest cookie so VS needs to work on that, while Elsa is older but she has three years of being a PINK girl under her belt so she nails the PR part already so that means VS can send her to do PR already, and they are doing it and I think that's the reason why she got plenty more screentime at the VSFS.

All the other girls are fucked tho, they have no chance against these two, if anything Jasmine has a safe place because VS needs a WOC and she's American so she has an advantage over Lais. Everyone else is going to be standing in Taylor & Elsa's shado IMO.

Aw, I actually loved Gisele and KK's chemistry. VS did treat KK like crap the moment Gisele left though. :(

I also loved how for 2005 & 06 they let Gisele open the show with KK opening the final segment. Also with Gisele getting a FB and then KK getting one the year after. KK also typically went first or after Gisele during walking too. I can only imagine that if Gisele stayed even for one more year, then KK would've been the one opening the 2007 show with Gisele going after and opening the last segment. 

That aside, I think I actually like Taylor Hill & Elsa Hosk as a better duo in theory then Saylor 

I haven't seen Taylor and Elsa's chemistry together but I don't know why them together as an angel duo just fits. Probably b/c they don't look like twin sisters. They compliment each other I guess. When they tried to push Saylor to the general public, I saw a lot comments saying that they couldn't tell them apart. Don't give me that bs that it's just blondes that people can't tell apart :ninja: . I guess that's why Candice/Bee and Dri/Ale worked because they looked different. And yep. I agree with you. Tbh, Taylor, Elsa and Jasmine should've been the only ones they hired now that we know what VS for sure is gonna be doing with the Angels. Jasmine = Token Black, Taylor = Grooming to be new head angel, Elsa = Temporary work "friend" that compliments and contrasts looks wise with their new head angel, Taylor, but probably won't get as much goodies as the head angel at the moment. Every other "old" angel is just there for cred and nostalgia. So, Elsa is the KK to Gisele, Ale to Dri and Bee to Candy. Pretty simple. Weird, in theory, the blonde is the unloved step sibling (you could say that Elsa's getting pushed now, but girl's old, probably why they're using her at the moment) :rofl: 

2 hours ago, Annabeth said:

Aw, I actually loved Gisele and KK's chemistry. VS did treat KK like crap the moment Gisele left though. :(

I also loved how for 2005 & 06 they let Gisele open the show with KK opening the final segment. Also with Gisele getting a FB and then KK getting one the year after. KK also typically went first or after Gisele during walking too. I can only imagine that if Gisele stayed even for one more year, then KK would've been the one opening the 2007 show with Gisele going after and opening the last segment. 

That aside, I think I actually like Taylor Hill & Elsa Hosk as a better duo in theory then Saylor 

I haven't seen Taylor and Elsa's chemistry together but I don't know why them together as an angel duo just fits. Probably b/c they don't look like twin sisters. They compliment each other I guess. When they tried to push Saylor to the general public, I saw a lot comments saying that they couldn't tell them apart. Don't give me that bs that it's just blondes that people can't tell apart :ninja: . I guess that's why Candice/Bee and Dri/Ale worked because they looked different. And yep. I agree with you. Tbh, Taylor, Elsa and Jasmine should've been the only ones they hired now that we know what VS for sure is gonna be doing with the Angels. Jasmine = Token Black, Taylor = Grooming to be new head angel, Elsa = Temporary work "friend" that compliments and contrasts looks wise with their new head angel, Taylor, but probably won't get as much goodies as the head angel at the moment. Every other "old" angel is just there for cred and nostalgia. So, Elsa is the KK to Gisele, Ale to Dri and Bee to Candy. Pretty simple. Weird, in theory, the blonde is the unloved step sibling (you could say that Elsa's getting pushed now, but girl's old, probably why they're using her at the moment) :rofl: 

KK was not the Ale to Gisele's Adriana :rofl: KK had opened the show and multiple segments (she even opened two segments in 2006) way before Ale ever did and she got two fantasy bras, one when she wasn't even an Angel. Alessandra didn't even open a segment until 2008 lol, and the reason why KK had a poor 2008 was because she had some health issues (which she didn't address at the time but she did later), not because VS was shitty to her, then she just decided to leave and be done with it, she came back in 2010 for one last time and got big ass wings and closed the last segment (because I refuse to count the shitshow that was pink in 2010) and she was in the weird Angel pictures before the show. 

Alessandra probably wishes VS had treated her half as good as they did to KK, girlfriend is has been Adriana's bb for 10+ years :ninja: I think VS definitely treated KK & Gisele as equals, the only area were Gisele edges Karolina is in show openings but that's because Gisele was more famous, other than that they both got the same FBs, both opened segments every year, both got kickass outfits, both had a lot of screentime, etc. I think Elsa & Taylor could be something similar because they do work as a pair and they both stand on their own and each one has her pros and cons and I assume they get along because Taylor was at Elsa's birthday and it wasn't a huge party so she at least likes Taylor lol.

I do hope they pull a Gisele&KK and leave after 3-5 years before VS sucks the life out of them tho.

23 minutes ago, Clauds said:

KK was not the Ale to Gisele's Adriana :rofl: KK had opened the show and multiple segments (she even opened two segments in 2006) way before Ale ever did and she got two fantasy bras, one when she wasn't even an Angel. Alessandra didn't even open a segment until 2008 lol, and the reason why KK had a poor 2008 was because she had some health issues (which she didn't address at the time but she did later), not because VS was shitty to her, then she just decided to leave and be done with it, she came back in 2010 for one last time and got big ass wings and closed the last segment (because I refuse to count the shitshow that was pink in 2010) and she was in the weird Angel pictures before the show. 

Alessandra probably wishes VS had treated her half as good as they did to KK, girlfriend is has been Adriana's bb for 10+ years :ninja: I think VS definitely treated KK & Gisele as equals, the only area were Gisele edges Karolina is in show openings but that's because Gisele was more famous, other than that they both got the same FBs, both opened segments every year, both got kickass outfits, both had a lot of screentime, etc. I think Elsa & Taylor could be something similar because they do work as a pair and they both stand on their own and each one has her pros and cons.

I do hope they pull a Gisele&KK and leave after 3-5 years before VS sucks the life out of them tho.

KK & Gisele did seem like equals if you put it that way, but I always felt like VS treated Gisele a little bit even more special, ya know? Aside from openings, there pay if that's relevant or not to the topic at hand and in one of the old interview vids for the fashion show back in the early 2000's I swear when they interview Gisele it said like "Top Angel" under her name bubble or maybe I was seeing things. But I guess that tie in to the fact that Gisele was more famous. But still, my point I'm trying to make is that in each of these duos I've pointed out that VS has set up, they weren't entirely equal, and one always did have a tad edge and out shined the other.  

And thanks for clearing that up, but idk. I was mainly referring to 2007 though. You'd think with all the love KK got in the last 2 years previous and with Gisele gone they'd let KK open again idk just to even things up eh. I do admit Ale has to play second fiddle to Adriana that's a fact, but I guess it ain't her fault she doesn't have colored eyes and short legs :ninja: . And yes. Tbh, most VS angels should leave after 6 years max but unfortunately I'm almost 100% sure Taylor's here to say for a long while.

Karolina was signed as an Angel in 2005 after a long time of VS trying to get her, but still even while not being an Angel she got pretty much all the cool things. I think by late 2007 VS probably Karolina would be leaving but she still opened a segment, walked second in the opening and had (again) the biggest wings on the show, but I don't think she ever planned to stay more than her three years contract tbh, she didn't need VS at all. Gisele was more famous (thanks DiCaprio) but that's about it, other than that she doesn't have anything on Karolina, IMO.

I hope Taylor is smarter and leaves after 3-5 years, VS star power is dying and the brand is not going to do much for her other than be a restriction for her to work more and explore other markets.

11 hours ago, Annabeth said:

KK & Gisele did seem like equals if you put it that way, but I always felt like VS treated Gisele a little bit even more special, ya know? Aside from openings, there pay if that's relevant or not to the topic at hand and in one of the old interview vids for the fashion show back in the early 2000's I swear when they interview Gisele it said like "Top Angel" under her name bubble or maybe I was seeing things. But I guess that tie in to the fact that Gisele was more famous. But still, my point I'm trying to make is that in each of these duos I've pointed out that VS has set up, they weren't entirely equal, and one always did have a tad edge and out shined the other.  

And thanks for clearing that up, but idk. I was mainly referring to 2007 though. You'd think with all the love KK got in the last 2 years previous and with Gisele gone they'd let KK open again idk just to even things up eh. I do admit Ale has to play second fiddle to Adriana that's a fact, but I guess it ain't her fault she doesn't have colored eyes and short legs :ninja: . And yes. Tbh, most VS angels should leave after 6 years max but unfortunately I'm almost 100% sure Taylor's here to say for a long while.

Adriana's legs are longer than Alessandra's.

^ I was referring to Ale when I mentioned the legs. Also, her = Ale btw in that sentence. 

Also, I doubt Taylor at the moment is smart enough to leave after 3-5 years but one can hope. Maybe she could ask for a contract like Doutzen if she wants to stay? More time for other projects and less time to VS but at the cost of less pay I assume? 

55 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Karolina was signed as an Angel in 2005 after a long time of VS trying to get her, but still even while not being an Angel she got pretty much all the cool things. I think by late 2007 VS probably Karolina would be leaving but she still opened a segment, walked second in the opening and had (again) the biggest wings on the show, but I don't think she ever planned to stay more than her three years contract tbh, she didn't need VS at all. Gisele was more famous (thanks DiCaprio) but that's about it, other than that she doesn't have anything on Karolina, IMO.

I hope Taylor is smarter and leaves after 3-5 years, VS star power is dying and the brand is not going to do much for her other than be a restriction for her to work more and explore other markets.

I still don't understand why it took so long to make Karolina an angel. She obviously enjoyed working for VS and they let her have everything you could do as angel, prior to actually being one. I think if she stayed longer we would have the Adriana & Karolina power couple.

^ Karolina didn't want to sign before, she waited until she was kinda donde with HF :) and it's a choice that paid off for her in the long run, she still got the VS contract but she was able to do more things with her career than the rest of the VS girls (from her time and the current girls) will probably ever do lol. If she had signed with VS earlier in her career it would have been the kiss of death to her HF career.

I agree that if KK had stayed she and Dri would be the power couple, shame she left, I think she's probably #3 favorite VS Angel ever.

1 hour ago, DeadlyRebel said:

I still don't understand why it took so long to make Karolina an angel. She obviously enjoyed working for VS and they let her have everything you could do as angel, prior to actually being one. I think if she stayed longer we would have the Adriana & Karolina power couple.

I would love that. They can both hold their own with each other and both pleasant (when someone's not over doing it) on the catwalk. 

Imagine KK's could've possibly gotten Ale's fb :rofl: .. not a bad idea though. 

Also, as for the Bee comment. I don't really call her that as a nickname, I just say that because I'm too lazy to spell out her entire name. Sometimes I've forgotten how to spell it lol so I just started typing it that way. But that's me. 

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

^ Karolina didn't want to sign before, she waited until she was kinda donde with HF :) and it's a choice that paid off for her in the long run, she still got the VS contract but she was able to do more things with her career than the rest of the VS girls (from her time and the current girls) will probably ever do lol. If she had signed with VS earlier in her career it would have been the kiss of death to her HF career.

I agree that if KK had stayed she and Dri would be the power couple, shame she left, I think she's probably #3 favorite VS Angel ever.

Maybe KK should have devoted more time to VS than HF. Years later,  Alessandra and Adriana are srill getting the money and getting quality jobs (ok not do much Ale on this one). Where is KK with her high fashion career?

Thanks for clearing that up AnnaB

7 minutes ago, Corner said:
1 hour ago, Clauds said:

Oh right, she had a big HF carreer back then. Thanks for clearing it up :flower:

7 minutes ago, Corner said:

Maybe KK should have devoted more time to VS than HF. Years later,  Alessandra and Adriana are srill getting the money and getting quality jobs (ok not do much Ale on this one). Where is KK with her high fashion career?

I'm sure the whole 2008 drama really hurt her carreer. I'm sure she was just to curvy for HF and wasn't really keen on losing weight, especially after the birth of her son (Kinda like Doutzen is pretty much done with HF)