Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

Hillary Clinton: “If I’m President, We Will Attack Iran… We would be Able to Totally Obliterate Them.”

I want the Iranians to know that if I’m president, we will attack Iran. In the next 10 years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them.”

Vs:

Not letting majority in under new security rules. 

-------------------------------------------------

People are allowed to pick on Trump's son who has no real chance to defend himself, but this is alright

vs

People accuse Hilary of health issues and this is not alright this is a conspiracy against her by people that don't like her

------------------------------------------

Iran in retaliation bans all Americans from entering and no-one mentions it :idk: Not enough online brownie points there

There are still Muslim heavy countries allowed into the US, no-one cares, no brownie points here

Trump is taking action on promising to do what he said he would do, like or not, and people are complaining vs years of politicians not doing what they say, no-one cares.

CNN, Daily Mail, many other sources get to publish "fake news" and no-one cares because they're big names

4xV90A7.gif

This all works both ways.

With respect, the kind of 'whataboutery' put forth by people like Watson (whose delivery is atrocious by the way, he sounds like he's reading an instruction manual out loud and switching between sarcasm and needless aggro whenever he turns a page) is the sort of thing we really need to start moving away from at this point. The world has to find a way of rationally discussing this stuff without simply pointing the finger at the lunatic fringe of the opposite side, or the flaws of the other guy. All politicians are flawed, in the same way that all people are flawed, but it doesn’t mean they’re all the same, there’s still a question of extent. No other president has refused to release their tax returns or categorically stated that they’re not bound by any real obligations regarding conflicts of interest (arguably no other president has ever had potential conflicts of interest on this scale). No other president has refused to be interviewed by CNN or the BBC and then immediately afterwards fielded questions from his own pet media organisation about what steps he wants to take in order to silence the press. Clinton had all manner of issues too of course, but she’s not in the race any more, and nothing she's done excuses Trump’s behaviour. Doubly so after he campaigned so hard on the basis of being an alternative to her crookedness.

None of this is a partisan thing for me, I couldn't give anything approaching a monkeys about him being a Republican, and it's irrelevant who I agree with on US economic policy. This is about the integrity of the political system, and if any candidate had said and done half of this stuff it would still worry the hell out of me. I sincerely hope he calms down as the months start to slip by and does all the good things it’s possible he may do, but it’s not been an auspicious start.

5 hours ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

Anytime! That douche is the very example of FAKE NEWS we need to snuff out! I'm tired of his idiotic narrative and spreading false information to the masses, or at least very skewed and distorted facts!

Don't you mean Alternative Facts? 

Such sites are like ebola on internet. THey blow things WAAAy out of proportion, ie when they're not busy conjuring fake news.  Referring to a captive tiger as "man-eater" :pinch:

NOT that a significant proportion of wild tigers kill humans, let alone eat them :/

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/582978/Bengal-tiger-escape-Italy-travelling-circus-man-eating-animal-wild-streets

14 hours ago, Michael* said:

With respect, the kind of 'whataboutery' put forth by people like Watson (whose delivery is atrocious by the way, he sounds like he's reading an instruction manual out loud and switching between sarcasm and needless aggro whenever he turns a page) is the sort of thing we really need to start moving away from at this point. The world has to find a way of rationally discussing this stuff without simply pointing the finger at the lunatic fringe of the opposite side, or the flaws of the other guy. All politicians are flawed, in the same way that all people are flawed, but it doesn’t mean they’re all the same, there’s still a question of extent. No other president has refused to release their tax returns or categorically stated that they’re not bound by any real obligations regarding conflicts of interest (arguably no other president has ever had potential conflicts of interest on this scale). No other president has refused to be interviewed by CNN or the BBC and then immediately afterwards fielded questions from his own pet media organisation about what steps he wants to take in order to silence the press. Clinton had all manner of issues too of course, but she’s not in the race any more, and nothing she's done excuses Trump’s behaviour. Doubly so after he campaigned so hard on the basis of being an alternative to her crookedness.

None of this is a partisan thing for me, I couldn't give anything approaching a monkeys about him being a Republican, and it's irrelevant who I agree with on US economic policy. This is about the integrity of the political system, and if any candidate had said and done half of this stuff it would still worry the hell out of me. I sincerely hope he calms down as the months start to slip by and does all the good things it’s possible he may do, but it’s not been an auspicious start.

Don't hold your breath on that matter! :dry:

I leave this here

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door! /

Envoyez-moi vos fatigués, vos pauvres,
Envoyez-moi vos cohortes qui aspirent à vivre libres,
Les rebuts de vos rivages surpeuplés
Envoyez-les moi, les déshérités, que la tempête m'apporte,
De ma lumière, j'éclaire la porte d'or !

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.967315.1319808639!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/gallery_1200/gal-libertylib001-jpg.jpg

And I will leave this here...

Leviticus 19:33-34New International Version (NIV)

33 “‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

1 hour ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

And I will leave this here...

Leviticus 19:33-34New International Version (NIV)

33 “‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

THe passage refers to the foreigners already residing, not the ones stuck at the airport awaiting clearance :ninja: