Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

On 11/28/2022 at 4:32 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Even Kim Kardashian says it's crazy.

She's part of the Waitnsee Tribe.

I guess they have some morals. :nicole:

It had ended its partnership with Kardashian's ex-husband, rapper and designer Kanye West, last month after West, also known as Ye, posted an anti-Semitic tweet and appeared at a Paris fashion show wearing a shirt with the slogan "White Lives Matter," a rebuke to the Black Lives Matter racial equality movement.

2 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

Cameron said Avatar 2 has to make $2B to make a profit. I don't think anyone asked for sequels as I though the movie was average. The only reasons people saw it were the technological advancements and 3D. To me Avatar was like the Matrix, but didn't make the cultural impact the Matrix did cause the movie was average.

I agree, the original avatar didn't have a particularly good story.  The lead actor was very boring.  He was in the Terminator Salvation movie and his career didn't really happen after AVATAR.  I saw the film opening day in 3D and don't remember much about it except I didn't really like the aliens very much.  The visuals were great though.  

They already filmed up to Avatar 4.  (out of 5).  I can't help think that this huge, billion dollar project would turn out to be one of the biggest failures ever.  The film industry never recovered since COVID-19 (which was why the release of Avatar 2 was delayed for 2 years).  3-D never really took off.  It seems to me that Cameron's talent could have been used in a few more interesting films than this.

Kind of reminds me of Cyberpunk, which was the most expensive game of all time.  Cyberpunk 2077 is getting a sequel too, due to making a huge profit despite the downsides and reputational damage.

11 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

I agree, the original avatar didn't have a particularly good story.  The lead actor was very boring.  He was in the Terminator Salvation movie and his career didn't really happen after AVATAR.  I saw the film opening day in 3D and don't remember much about it except I didn't really like the aliens very much.  The visuals were great though.  

They already filmed up to Avatar 4.  (out of 5).  I can't help think that this huge, billion dollar project would turn out to be one of the biggest failures ever.  The film industry never recovered since COVID-19 (which was why the release of Avatar 2 was delayed for 2 years).  3-D never really took off.  It seems to me that Cameron's talent could have been used in a few more interesting films than this.

Kind of reminds me of Cyberpunk, which was the most expensive game of all time.  Cyberpunk 2077 is getting a sequel too, due to making a huge profit despite the downsides and reputational damage.

The best part if the movies flop, Disney will be on the hook for billions of dollars of losses. It could make a Disney sale inevitable and quicker then we think. I don't think Disney is doing good financially and are leaking money.

3 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

The best part if the movies flop, Disney will be on the hook for billions of dollars of losses. It could make a Disney sale inevitable and quicker then we think. I don't think Disney is doing good financially and are leaking money.

I think a part of the movie that turned me off was the behavior of the main character.  He fell in love with an alien and then quickly betrayed all his friends, the humans.  I can't be the only person who found this off-putting and unsympathetic.  This is not a trait that the main character of a blockbuster should have.

This is a familiar trope in fiction.  Dance with Wolves, Last Samurai, and Jon Snow/Ygritte.  But in GOT Jon Snow never betrayed the Night's Watch (he was a spy) and in the Last Samurai the main character didn't betray Americans, just the Japanese that formerly employed him.  The Betrayal of the Avatar guy was a bit too far IMHO.

8 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

I was hoping for Spain to get knocked out too.

Germany :wave:

This WC is scripted it's so obvious. Like a dual script running the tournament, one for Argentina and the other for England.  There's no way either of those teams are good enough to get to the final, let alone face each other for the trophy.