Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

I'm down to the final quarter of Storm of Swords.  About halfway through the book the plot really slowed down.  The prose remained highly detailed and interesting, but without a lot of narrative movement. This may be what fans complain about. 

Overall, the first 2 books and the first half of Storm had better pacing in terms of plot and much more urgency.  It was overall a better experience.

The Bran-Horor-twins arc, post winterfell is the least interesting arc.  So little happens, and so slowly.  I'm up to the point where they meet Sam.  Bran is the least interesting Stark and GRRM has commented that the BRAN POV chapters were the hardest for him to write. 

And Bran is supposed to end the show on top...

Also I am starting to sense that it was not right that GRRM kill off two major characters off.  I can understand the death of one supporting character 

Spoiler

Ygritte- to support Jon Snow's development

but the other two major characters 

Spoiler

Cat Stark and Rob Stark

were highly developed and could have progressed much further into the plot.  By eliminating them GRRM also eliminates his (*and readers') investment in them.  But maybe I'm wrong and there was a method behind this.

Disney 'fired woke CEO Bob Chapek after colleagues including CFO complained he was unfit for the job: Axed boss was "blindsided" by dismissal and shock return of his predecessor Bob Iger'

Since then, Disney share prices have fallen drastically, by roughly 40 percent so far this year

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11455055/Disney-fired-CEO-Bob-Chapek-colleagues-including-CFO-complained-unfit-job.html

Disney lost money because it's become woke trash. Not because of Chapek.

1986002077_Getwokegobroke.thumb.JPG.177ba318f79d6144cf3cfaeb894ef5e4.JPG

Sell Disney to Elon Musk, then it can become great again. :neo:;)

3 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

@Stromboli1 I don't think Iger is good news for Disney. This will stay a woke trash company.

They should sell it asap to Elon :nicole:

Iger is a way bigger turd than Chapek.

Hopefully Elon would buy it.

They were given the keys to print money in Star Wars and they managed to FUBAR it, shit on their fans, divide the fanbase, etc.

9 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

@Enrico_sw

Rumor is that Apple will buy Disney within the next 2 years, coincidentally that's when Iger's contract is up so he can move onto politics. That won't change anything and will make everything even worse.

These woke turds are going to trash this company even more. :yucky:

They don't even give a shit about money. It's all about their woke cult.

joker-burning.gif

Finished the Red and Purple weddings in Storm of Swords and closing in on the end of the 3rd book.

I have mixed feelings about this and am starting to understand people's complaints about Feast and Dance.

I think GRRM killed off 4 important characters too quickly.  Their stories are really just half over.  While the Red and Purple weddings are amazingly well conceived as events, these two events did not need to occur so early.  In a way it looks like GRRM is just getting rid of these characters in order to make room for the others.  This wastes a lot of investment and time spent to build them up over the course of some 3,000 pages.    A better time to kill them off is to do so in book 5.

Spoiler

Rob and Cat Stark both have significant character development but their arcs are only half-done.  Joffery is entertaining but has little development.  Ygritte has a little development but is killed off quickly to develop Jon Snow.  I would have liked to see their character arcs progress a lot more.

6 hours ago, elfstone said:

WTF? :rofl:

They are cynical and mean at times, but this is brushed aside and we are meant to pretend they only play beautiful football. They tried to reinjure Mitrovic damaged ankle. Then Casemiro was allowed to elbow not one but two Serbian players in the head without punishment. Those are just a few of the dirty plays they had in just the first game.