Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

Seattle pays convicted pimp $150,000 to be its 'Street Czar' and come up with 'alternatives to policing' as he boasts he can talk to 'gangsters and prostitutes who won't sit down with anybody else'

A pimp turned activist who once vowed to 'go to war' with Seattle is being paid $150,000 by the city to work as a 'street czar' and come up with 'alternatives to policing' because he said he can talk to 'gang members, pimps and prostitutes who won't sit down with anybody else'.

Andrè Taylor, who set up nonprofit Not This Time after his brother Che Taylor was shot dead by Seattle cops in 2016, signed a deal with the city on July 27 to work as its community liaison, according to the contract published by PubliCola last week. 

As part of the $12,500 a month deal, Taylor will provide recommendations to the city on de-escalation, community engagement, and alternatives to policing as Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan aims to improve relations between law enforcement and community members in the wake of multiple cop killings of black men and women across America.

Taylor, who was convicted of being a pimp back in 2000, has a mixed past with City Hall, promising to wage 'war' after his brother's death before emerging as an ally and vocal critic of the Capitol Hill Occupied Protest (CHOP) zone this year. 

He publicly sided with Mayor Durkan in calls to dismantle the zone after two people were shot dead but was then exposed in a secret recording urging occupiers to 'leave with something' and offering to negotiate a million-dollar financial package with the city on their behalf.

Taylor's $12,500 a month contract, which includes an office in Seattle's Municipal Tower, and his new title as the city's 'street czar' was his idea, reported Seattle Times

He told the news outlet he is the man for the job because 'not too many people can go talk to gangbangers in their territory, and then go talk to the government in their territory.' 

Taylor said he has 'particular genius in a particular area' and can talk to 'gang members, pimps and prostitutes' who 'won't sit down with anybody else,' reported KOMO News

-----

16 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

I'm sure that there's a clause in his contract stating his full creative control over his content. There are probably limitations, but I hope they are clear enough (not just vague BS like "hate speech", which doesn't mean anything, this ugly concept has no legal foundations). If there's a breach of contract, he should threaten to terminate it.

In any case, I'm not surprised that Big Tech are trying to censor him. These platforms have a huge leftist bias and they're full of transhumanists.

I like Joe Rogan's show from what I've seen however I would never listen to any of them front to back.   However he is the very type of person that I don't want to be as far as viewpoints and intellectual habits go.   In a way he is similar to so many people now, with ten thousand parroted sound bites as opinions.   He interviews a lot of interesting people on his show, they say stuff, he memorizes the things they say and then he repeats other people's ideas as his own original thoughts.    He seems to be aware of this and limits his opinion-ating but sometimes he has to say something (you or stromboli correct me if I'm wrong, I rarely watch his show except for youtube sound bites on various guests)

This is basically pseudo intellectual behavior, as he- and no other human being for that matter- is an expert in 10,000 different areas.  But he knows this as well, as I've seen him call himself an idiot several times.

9 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

I like Joe Rogan's show from what I've seen however I would never listen to any of them front to back.   However he is the very type of person that I don't want to be as far as viewpoints and intellectual habits go.   In a way he is similar to so many people now, with ten thousand parroted sound bites as opinions. 

The guests are what's interesting in his videos. Joe Rogan is just the host, he doesn't talk that much, except on certain topics. He's more the guy that help the guests to talk.  I have watched a small fraction of his videos, but he has wide range of guests: neurologists, astrophysicists, doctors, psychologist, sleep experts, etc. These people are usually recognized experts.

I never got the impression that Rogan pretended to be an expert of anything. He's a good interviewer, because he listens a lot and he knows how to make guests comfortable enough to explain their ideas (and they have a lot of time to talk, unlike in TV interviews). Rogan is both confident and kind in the way he asks his questions, that gives a good frame for the guest to answer. All in all, he's much better than many journalists in the mainstream media (who are mostly editorialists, now).