Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

4 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Sorry to hear :(

My grandaunt also has Dementia.  She was once a schoolteacher like my granduncle but tragically, she lost her mind by late middle age.  My granduncle stood by her and never abandoned her.

Thanks, Cult. 

Im sorry about your grand aunt.

I’m taking a perverted sense of glee over the fact someone locked his room with his key in the room. Along with his bolt cutters. 

I know it’s bad, that I should be charitable about things, but the bastard has been in a perpetual ass hat for at least a week.

19 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

Drive-by acid attacks the actual fuck...

Another acid attack in Londonistan... Because this kind of shit happened all the time before you allowed them in right?

England get your shit together please.

You can't criticize them or you're considered an Islamaphobe. Who wins the protected class championship the Muslims vs LGBT? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

"it's split between with very cosy/wealthy areas and very dangerous/dirty/violent areas."

New York City, Newark, Jersey City and other shitholes that surround it are mostly dirty and poor, mixed in with the few with money.  Worst place in the NE USA.  Overrun with vulgarity, rich or poor and it's one of the most unhappy places.

(Nothing to do with migrants or conservative politics though. )

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

New York City, Newark, Jersey City and other shitholes that surround it are mostly dirty and poor, mixed in with the few with money. 

I don't know these places, but that's not surprising, though I'd heard NYC made a lot of efforts to limit the violence. Is it progressing or regressing?

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

(Nothing to do with migrants or conservative politics though. )

This debate isn't a left/right one, because I'm sure people can agree when they look at the facts together :yes:

Violence has multifactorial causes. Poverty/wealth distribution can be one, but there are many others like law enforcement, urbanism, etc. Migration is a factor as well (big cities' police reports show it) under certain conditions: poverty (wealthy foreigners are rarely criminogenic...), number, "ghettoisation" and cultural partition.

46 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

I don't know these places, but that's not surprising, though I'd heard NYC made a lot of efforts to limit the violence. Is it progressing or regressing?

This debate isn't a left/right one, because I'm sure people can agree when they look at the facts together :yes:

I am not interested at all in the political debate (being a long term resident of Bergen County, NJ- I have life experience and don't need to resort to ideology or theories) but what happens is the right blames on "inferior" black/latino culture and immigrants while the left blames it on the economic exploitation of the poor by the rich.  The news cycle reflects this bias.

Supposedly the violence in NYC has declined although the culture of the city is still horrible.

On 6/17/2019 at 4:53 PM, Enrico_sw said:

I'm after Crookback bog, in the quest "Family Matters". I try to do all the secondary quests I can do and I love Gwent, it's really an interesting card game.

Gwent was so popular that they made a stand-alone title that focused only on Gwent.

Family Matters was the first good story in the game!  I thought it was great.