Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

54 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

What exactly do you want with the federal gov't?  

I have written for years that the only way to save the country is successful industrial policy and export promotion.  Otherwise, the US taxpayer is a debt slave forever...

The American federal government is inefficient, broke and outrageous debt, bloated, corrupt, greedy, and self serving towards the establishment agenda all to fuck over their citizens. The government is still bailing out Wall Street to this day with taxpayer money...... wtf. All they're doing is delaying the inevitable and the people are going to pay tenfold.

19 minutes ago, jkjk said:

100% of what.   :p

Viewing BZ and other websites from my computer. :nicole:

Both of my RAM sticks were bad on a computer I bought last October and needed to be replaced. Luckily the computer was still under warranty. I uploaded all my files from my portable hard drive and synced everything else. There were so many Windows 10 death screens!

18 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

Viewing BZ and other websites from my computer. :nicole:

Both of my RAM sticks were bad on a computer I bought last October and needed to be replaced. Luckily the computer was still under warranty. I uploaded all my files from my portable hard drive and synced everything else. There were so many Windows 10 death screens!

That's good news.  :thumbs_up:

I need a new computer, but mine is not under warranty. My main problem is I don't know what I want so I have made no progress in deciding what to buy.

30 minutes ago, jkjk said:

That's good news.  :thumbs_up:

I need a new computer, but mine is not under warranty. My main problem is I don't know what I want so I have made no progress in deciding what to buy.

Take it from the top then..... Apple vs PC. :chicken:

On 8/8/2018 at 5:47 PM, Stromboli1 said:

The American federal government is inefficient, broke and outrageous debt, bloated, corrupt, greedy, and self serving towards the establishment agenda all to fuck over their citizens. The government is still bailing out Wall Street to this day with taxpayer money...... wtf. All they're doing is delaying the inevitable and the people are going to pay tenfold.

It's easy for the federal gov't to spend taxpayer funds that we don't have than actually "reform" itself.  Just get a progressive talking head like Obama, pull out the victim spiel and get Congress moving & enriching its constituents...  

I've lost faith in reform a long time ago.  This is why the only way is to "grow" ourselves out of crippling national debt with a renewed focus on exports rather than domestic consumption. 

I've lost faith in the consumer as well.  In a way the American people deserve blame for their self-inflicted failures.  

3 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

Alex Jones used his platforms to spout conspiracy theories about the Sandy Hook parents to the point that some of them had to move away and are no longer living near their child's grave.

Why exactly should Youtube, Facebook, Apple and others keep on giving such a man the use of their services? :idk:

People have also not explored the idea that there is at least a possibility that some of those companies might have been sued for libel themselves for hosting Alex Jones' countless libelous and slanderous messages.

Freedom of speech does not mean that anyone owes you a platform. It means that the state won't throw your ass in jail or worse for spouting your opinion. Alex Jones still has that right today.

2 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

It's easy for the federal gov't to spend taxpayer funds that we don't have than actually "reform" itself.  Just get a progressive talking head like Obama, pull out the victim spiel and get Congress moving & enriching its constituents...  

I've lost faith in reform a long time ago.  This is why the only way is to "grow" ourselves out of crippling national debt with a renewed focus on exports rather than domestic consumption. 

I've lost faith in the consumer as well.  In a way the American people deserve blame for their self-inflicted failures.  

Corporations run America and got politicians in their pockets, need to fix that first before anything else can happen. This trickles all the way down to the food we grow in America.

As for the consumer, we never had a chance.

11 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Alex Jones used his platforms to spout conspiracy theories about the Sandy Hook parents to the point that some of them had to move away and are no longer living near their child's grave.

Why exactly should Youtube, Facebook, Apple and others keep on giving such a man the use of their services? :idk:

People have also not explored the idea that there is at least a possibility that some of those companies might have been sued for libel themselves for hosting Alex Jones' countless libelous and slanderous messages.

Freedom of speech does not mean that anyone owes you a platform. It means that the state won't throw your ass in jail or worse for spouting your opinion. Alex Jones still has that right today.

Did you listen to the video?

What he said about the Sandy Hook tragedy was shit though.

Some of those messages Alex Jones has spouted over the years has been true too.

32 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

Corporations run America and got politicians in their pockets, need to fix that first before anything else can happen. This trickles all the way down to the food we grow in America.

As for the consumer, we never had a chance.

It's been this way since the founding fathers- they were wealthy landowners and slaveowners.  Congress was dominated by elite interests for its entire history:

Sherman-Act-cartoon-1200x480.jpg

I don't see hope in fixing that; it's embedded within our system of government.

I think the increase of damage caused by gov't activity has most to do with the overall growth of government, particularly since 1929.  If you look at the history of taxation in the 20th-21st century it's very telling- just an upward trend.  Once, a long time ago there was no income tax at all!   After Obama the gov't is the greater half of the economy and at the level of western european social democracies despite the vastly different political rhetoric.  Our debt levels are now well beyond that of the collapsing Soviet Union.

That seems like an interesting documentary.  

Very true, which is crazy that they fought the crown for being oppressed, but became the oppressors.

What we have now isn't working...... I don't have the answers and know what will work for everyone.

The documentary is very interesting and talks about how psychology was used to control the masses in a democracy. 

The Century of the Self asks deeper questions about the roots and methods of consumerism and commodification and their implications. It also questions the modern way people see themselves, the attitudes to fashion, and superficiality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Century_of_the_Self

on your point I've heard that Canada has regulations regarding campaign finance (political candidates have limitations on how much they can spend when running for office).  So you don't need contributions from oil & gas, banks, etc. to bankroll everything.

Hmm...  

I want to make a thread for the maybe most beautiful girl I've ever seen. :mf_cupid: Eden Chanel. Couldn't find a thread. 

https://www.instagram.com/eden_chanel/

Now I wonder if you think she qualifies as a fashion model. Very recently there are a few ties with a little agency, but she is only in the "digital" section - which leads back to her instagram. Which I don't understand :idk:

She seems to 99% just exist on Instagram.

Maybe she should go in the "other" section meanwhile...? :idk: