Bellazon

Kate Upton
Thumbnail

allus6ka

Is anyone familiar with e.g. Jayne Mansfield’s movies? I wonder if the feather nightgown could be a reference to an old Hollywood movie.

If the author of the article made a mistake when he wrote that Barbara Palvin did a "Fatal Attraction" send up when the scene was copied from “Basic Instinct,” could it mean that Kate’s re-enactment is the best?

For 2016, his first time participating in the Love Advent, Poynter suggested that the girls re-enact famous movie scenes — like Taylor Hill's take on "Le Mepris" or Irina Shayk's tribute to "Ghost" — for which the girls had only 20 minutes to learn their lines. (He promises the best is yet to come, but says Barbara Palvin "rocked it" with her "Fatal Attraction" send up.) "I chose to copy classic movie scenes as I wanted the girls to act; they are all such strong personalities that rarely get the chance to speak in the rolls we demand of them," Poynter says. "I chose these film scenes as they are all scenes where women hold the power over their sexuality, and are fully in control of it and the situation."

http://fashionista.com/2016/12/love-advent-history

• 2 weeks later...

Aww, I knew Miss Kate would have a special spot in the LOVE Advent:

Last of LOVE Advent: Kate Upton by Doug Inglish

In celebration (and mourning) of our last LOVE Advent 2016 film, Kate Upton plays a little Hide and Seek with Doug Inglish. Styled by Sean Knight, hair by John Ruggiero and Noelle Keshishian, and makeup by Sandy Ganzer, Kate completes another calendar of LOVE.

Full video: http://www.thelovemagazine.co.uk/posts/7423/last-of-love-advent-kate-upton-by-doug-inglish

Instagram clip:

On YouTube:

Last of LOVE Advent - Kate Upton by Doug Inglish - LOVE

Love the video! Some of Doug Inglish ones have been clunkers but this one is not. Maybe it’s the subject that elevates it? :D Or they got to put more effort in the video like make it longer because it’s the last one.

Well worth the wait.