Bellazon

Kate Upton
Thumbnail

allus6ka

I never said I wasn't a fan...

I agree with Forbes recent decision to remove Kate from the list of Highest Paid fashion models though. Since 99.9% of Kate's current fame and income is coming from avenues that are NOT related to the fashion industry (youtube videos or sporting events) so they opted not to include her in the list of fashion models.

I think Kate should be moved to the "Other Females Of Interest" category because she is more in line with Kim Kardashian.

I do like Kate but I think people need to stop labeling her as something she is not.

Kinda like Sara Sampaio being the next big thing?

As for Kate, she's modeled for VS, SI, Guess, Beach Bunny, Dooney and Burke, (last year but still mentionable) and had editorials in Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Muse, V Magazine and obviously Esquire and GQ. She was a spokesmodel for Sobe and did a commercial for Carl's Jr, and Zoo York. While those may questionably not be "model oriented" she's not the first model, and undoubtedly she will not be the last model to do work in that line.

So I'm not sure why she it's even up as a conversation piece that she should be moved the the "other females of interest". About the only thing she has in common with Kim Kardashian is that she was savvy enough to market herself online; something many models, photographers and designers/labels are still trying to do successfully.

I never said I wasn't a fan...

I agree with Forbes recent decision to remove Kate from the list of Highest Paid fashion models though. Since 99.9% of Kate's current fame and income is coming from avenues that are NOT related to the fashion industry (youtube videos or sporting events) so they opted not to include her in the list of fashion models.

I think Kate should be moved to the "Other Females Of Interest" category because she is more in line with Kim Kardashian.

I do like Kate but I think people need to stop labeling her as something she is not.

Kinda like Sara Sampaio being the next big thing?

As for Kate, she's modeled for VS, SI, Guess, Beach Bunny, Dooney and Burke, (last year but still mentionable) and had editorials in Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Muse, V Magazine and obviously Esquire and GQ. She was a spokesmodel for Sobe and did a commercial for Carl's Jr, and Zoo York. While those may questionably not be "model oriented" she's not the first model, and undoubtedly she will not be the last model to do work in that line.

So I'm not sure why she it's even up as a conversation piece that she should be moved the the "other females of interest". About the only thing she has in common with Kim Kardashian is that she was savvy enough to market herself online; something many models, photographers and designers/labels are still trying to do successfully.

She's not modeling for Victoria's Secret. The limited photoshoots she did for Victoria's Secret where a cluster package with her contract with Sports Illustrated. All the SI models do photoshoots for other companies but Victoria's Secret announced they had lost interest in her after she was given the cover of the 2012 SI Swimsuit Edition.

I'm not so sure doing the Dougie while not wearing a bra, dancing in a bikini or posting Tweets about having your salad tossed by other women count as successful online marketing.

Since you brought Sara back into the fold...

Sara has been hired and worked with Armani, Calzedonia, Victoria's Secret, has had 2 covers with Vogue, multiple covers with Elle (she's been on a cover of Elle for two consecutive months now), appeared in Replay, appeared with Bluemarine, and had a cover with Marie Claire. Sara is also walking the runway of this year's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and Kate isn't...

The only major fashion campaigns Kate has done so far is Beach Bunny and Guess. Everyone seems to think I hate Kate but I don't. I just wish she'd spend a little less time in a see-through wet t-shirt and a little more time working for respected fashion companies as a dedicated model.

Kate's career started with Sports Illustrated and that handed her her career. Sara started from nowhere and she's currently landing more fashion campaigns than Kate.

I'd like to see her land a MAJOR set of campaigns and I hope she does. Hopefully she'll land contracts with Armani, Bluemarine and some of the other companies that Sara has been working for too.

Post edited

Kate's thread isn't the place to discuss ME. You have an issue take it up with me in PM, not in a models thread. Lets stick to convos about Kate. No more disparaging snippy remarks that aren't needed. Constructive criticisms yay ~Pretty

I agree with you FrenchKiki. I'm an Adriana fan, and I don't hesitate to call out when she's on her usual lying bit, or when she doesn't look great in an editorial, but just like in Kate's thread...if you do that you automatically earn yourself some horns. Either way, if the members and mods are expecting for every single person that posts in Kate's thread to kiss her bum in regards to every photoshoot it's never going to happen. Excessive fandom is ridiculous, as I always say...being a fan of someone does not mean you have to like all the things they say/do/wear.

Kate mingling with Tom Ford and Dolce&Gabbana :brows:

I wont say I'm a fan but she's grown on me alot and I like that she seems to want to prove the high fashion snobs wrong. I think most commerical models when they hear "no", they take it/settle. Kate seems like she's not gonna let the nay sayers deter her. I like that and she will go further with that mentality.

In the Vogue article seems Michael Kors and Altuzarra really take a liking to her.

And she is damn right to not take no as an answer! That's what every model should do 'u do not want me? Fine! someone else will!" That's what Laetitia said to Vogue US (even tho Herb Ritts wanted to work with her) and Italian Vogue open her the doors gladly =) Kate will be perfect for Vogue Italy... TFS members will be so agree with me on that one! smily%20new%20one.gif

Post edited

Kate's thread isn't the place to discuss ME. You have an issue take it up with me in PM, not in a models thread. Lets stick to convos about Kate. No more disparaging snippy remarks that aren't needed. Constructive criticisms yay ~Pretty

I agree with you FrenchKiki. I'm an Adriana fan, and I don't hesitate to call out when she's on her usual lying bit, or when she doesn't look great in an editorial, but just like in Kate's thread...if you do that you automatically earn yourself some horns. Either way, if the members and mods are expecting for every single person that posts in Kate's thread to kiss her bum in regards to every photoshoot it's never going to happen. Excessive fandom is ridiculous, as I always say...being a fan of someone does not mean you have to like all the things they say/do/wear.

It's the staff's job to diffuse situations with the potential to escalate. Like you said, excessive fandom is ridiculous and we don't expect everyone to like Kate. Heck, I don't even like Kate that much myself. So by all means express opinions, just be aware of the reality that others might see certain criticisms as provocation. All we ask is that members make the effort to keep things amicable around here.

Hi to all.

I'm very addicted with Kate Upton, I think she is one of the most beautiful women at the moment. But I have a doubt on her height.

post-61268-0-52813900-1340704061_thumb.j

Tom Ford is 183 cm tall. In this photo Kate is as tall as Tom. I think that she has at last 10cm heels. Now: how is it possible that she is 178 cm?

How Kate Upton Keeps Definition in Her Killer Curves

post-1004-0-1446077309-43435_thumb.jpg

Kate Upton has gained the world’s attention with her killer curves. Since appearing on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue, the tall voluptuous blonde has become a household name, so we wanted to know how she maintains that ever-so-desirable shape?

Working out is definitely very important in my industry,” she said in Las Vegas while celebrating the cover. “The only person whose workout I truly enjoy is my trainer Justin Gelband. He changes it up and keeps it interesting.” And apparently, the feeling is mutual. “Since the first day I met her, she wanted to come in and change the industry by saying curves are sexy,” Justin told SHAPE Magazine last month. “She’s such a great role model for all the young girls out there.”

To keep Kate’s attention, Justin mixes circuit training exercises with stretching and elastic bands to work the back, chest, and legs, followed by Pilates, yoga, and/or kickboxing.

post-1004-0-1446077309-46588_thumb.jpg