Bellazon

Fantasy

Despite being the only one on Earth who hasn't seen this movie, if it wins the big Oscars, I'm going to throw up. It's already bad enough the Grammys gave the top award to a generic country-pop album by a singer who can't even stay on key. This would leave the Oscars with as much credibility as the MTV Movie Awards. :ninja:

Despite being the only one on Earth who hasn't seen this movie

You're not alone :ninja:

I just came here to say that I haven't seen it, and I don't know if I should watch it or not... everyone keeps saying about wonderful 3d effects in this movie, but then again, the plot doesn't seem to be very good...

^ That's my thought too. When my brother saw it, he called me up and our conversation went like this:

Him: Oh my God, you have to see this movie!

Me: Really?

Him: Yeah, the special effects are amazing!

Me: What about the story and characters?

Him: *long pause* Oh my God, you have to see this movie, the special effects are amazing!

:cain:

Despite being the only one on Earth who hasn't seen this movie, if it wins the big Oscars, I'm going to throw up. It's already bad enough the Grammys gave the top award to a generic country-pop album by a singer who can't even stay on key. This would leave the Oscars with as much credibility as the MTV Movie Awards. :ninja:

How can you be so pre-judgmental?

Oh, here's Harry Potter for you:

post-20889-0-1446180357-06697_thumb.jpg

In my opinion the one with avatar that jig posted is a lot funnier than the harry potter one.

I don't get the hype about this movie either :idk: it was too predictable, I knew everything that was going to happen. And beside the special effects and some other details by James Cameron's imagination, there was nothing more in it.

epicfailavatarplotfail.jpg

:laugh:

I havent seen Avatar yet so I didnt read this completely, but I think it's pretty correct isnt it :p

Thing is though, very few movies of this ilk are actually genuinely unpredictable. If you watch any action/adventure/whatever type film, you'd be a fool not to know roughly what's going to happen in advance. It all depends on whether you enjoy the journey, and while I probably wouldn't go out of my way to watch 'Avatar' again, I still thought it was a fun ride, particularly on the big screen. One minor complaint though, all those scenes of characters reaching towards the camera for objects, which you could tell were done solely for the benefit of those watching in 3D. :D

LMAO! mbinebri this is just for you!

20-Minute Avatar Review By The Same Guy Who Did 50-Minute Phantom Menace Review

If you haven't already seen it, this is a 20-minute review of Avatar by the same monotonously voiced cat who did the nearly hour-long Phantom Menace review. It's pretty good. Not as good as you're looking this morning, but God must have put diamonds in your eyes or some shit because you are lookin' finer than a steak dinner. Are you getting this, romance writers? I'm thinking about holding a workshop.

How did people not know what was going to happen after the first 5 minutes when the guy said they needed to obtain some Unobtainium? :cain: Thanks JC, I don't think we would've guessed the story line without that little hint :banghead: Nevertheless, it wasn't bad IMO. The graphics were awesome and the conceptualisation of the characters, animals and environment of Pandora was impressive. The plot was predictable, yes, but the emotional rollercoaster was probably what made the movie feel like it was better than it actually was. As stupid and menacing as Major Jock (HA! that's not his name... :ninja:) was, I didn't feel that annoyed by his actions for some reason...maybe it was the predictability of it all :idk:

Anyway, I would watch it again...for the graphics.

finally saw it, it was completely predictable and shallow... but I loved it :| it feels like a guilty pleasure though, like I'm jumping on the bandwagon or something, but fck that, this is as good as blockbuster cinema gets :D and Neytiri was hot :p

I totally agree. The Oscars should go to movies which are more than just entertaining... (except for categories such as Best Special effects, of course)