Bellazon

Fantasy

This is my post about Avatar. It mainly focuses on Zoe Saldana as the amazing Neytiri.

So far ive seen it twice. But plan to go back for more. This movie from beginning to end was AMAZING. It was a visual masterpiece. James Cameron is one of the best directors in the world. He just captures this world that you want to be apart of. And wow the effects. I mean for mortion captured computer generated aliens, they sure look freakin real.

Now back to the one thing that makes this movie what it is was Zoe Saldana. Her performance was so incredible. I have never felt a character more then her potrayal of Neytiri. You can tell she lived and breated this character. I want to join Cameron in the campaign for her to be nominated for an Oscar because she was seriously the sould behind this move. Sam was great too. But for me she outshone him. I have been a big fan of Zoe for close to 8 years now. I am so glad that Star Trek and Avatar finally made people see and realise what a talent she is.

You know its odd im not really into aliens and space movies in general. And its funny that my three favourite movies of 2009 were Avatar, Star Trek and District 9.

It will be really hard to get her nominated for an oscar, although she really deserves it. The most important thing is that the viewers notice how good and strong she performed(which they do :) ), and I hope that Zoe knows that everybody loved her performance.

Yeah i know. They dont recognise motion capture because it isnt the actor on screen. I think its pathetic though. Doesnt mean they're performance isnt solid and shouldn't be recognised. But your right as long as people in general loved her performance thats all that counts

very interesting videos , thanks .James Cameron is plain genius, what he has done here is just magic. I also think Zoe performance is impresive and the principal atraction of the film, which is double merit taking in count she had to imagine all the enviroment and the scenes in her own mind.

edit: don't forget to add "legends of the fall" to the james Horner score history ;)

I've never seen a movie like this, I don't know, is just too perfect there's nothing about it that I don't like ... the cast, the story, the effects, e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g is amazingly beautiful :heart: ... I love every single thing about it. I'm gonna see it in theaters as much as I can, I just can't get enough of this A-M-A-Z-I-N-G movie! :heart:

great videos, thanks. that real time virtual camera of james is amazing .And some movie scenes that we haven't seen in the final movie , maybe they will include them in the dvd release . I specially liked the final video including James Horner conducting the music. James + James = masterpiece

Ok, guess everyone already knows, but Avatar won 2 Golden Globes. Now I don't think everyone will agree with that, but I do. For me Avatar was/is the best movie experience of my life. So I also can't wait to have the dvd and to be able to watch it whenever I want :) .

Also, I got 2 great well made fanvideo's.

The special effects were amazing but they can't make up for the extremely lame plot. You just had to watch the trailer once to know 80 % of the story and you could figure out the other 20% in the first ten minutes of the film. ;P Sorry, but the effects alone don't make a great film.

I perfect plot does not make a good movie, nothing is original these days. It's all stolen from somewhere.

The plot has been done before, but did you ever ask yourself why it's been done so many times?

Maybe, just maybe it's because people like it. We respond to it.

The movie was powerful, it effected people and considering the fact that we were basically stuck with New Moon as the best movie ever (Insert gag here) it was more original then that.

And the other movies that were up for awards were all remakes of something as well.

Sure, I'd never claim that most movies nowadays have an original plot. I definitley agree.

To me it still needs a good plot to make a good movie. You can have your opinion, I have mine. I'd choose any movie with a good original plot over a work which doesn't suceed in surprising me at all because it's just too predictable. Like said before, my opinion. Maybe my expectations are set up too high but I can't help it (and don't want to).

It's the same with the Dan Brown - books. Just because everyone else likes it that doesn't mean that I have to like it as well...

Still I don't regret watching Avatar. It was entertaining to a certain degree. It had its good moments and a good cast. But I stick with my opinion that it isn't more than a sci-fi-spectacle with great effects and a rather lame story.