Bellazon

The Best Editorial

scarlettuberlover

**gotta say, something that has come to my attention is that truly, Karolina Kurkova belongs in high fashion. if this were a "Who's sexier?" poll -- or some VS pics or whatever, then i suspect that Doutzen would be either far closer in competition or would be winning even. It seems that KK's beauty is challenging for mainstream commercial to follow. to accept. that's why she really hasn't ever hit-it-off with the men's mag market. the FHM's and Maxim and all that. she has that unique beauty of a high fashion queen ... but because of her insane body and super bright personality, she landed the Angel contract at Victoria's Secret. i mean, i think she was a wonderful representative for that company ... but now, in hindsight, i can see how it damaged her up-to-that-point-pristine career in high fashion. i think that she was one of the only models in the past decade to become famous as a FASHION MODEL, and i wish that she had've just stuck to landing campaigns and doing quality editorial work . that's where she really shines! (*and on the runway, of course -- she has always been a star of the VSFS*)

Interresting and insightful post :morning: . I guess that does seem to sum it up well. I never knew about her hf career until recently and it all makes sense. She has the "unique" type of face that's perfect for high fashion but the body and personality for commercial appeal, both blessing and curse (modeling wise) I suppose :morning: .

@Pretty--

i think its our colective faults for not nominating and providing enough pics to lilso

so shes gotta use wht shes been given.though i agree heartily... if i see either doutzy or kk again today... ima break my foot off in someones arse :voodoo:

Well yeah, that's true. I understand Pretty's point about a cap number per model as well. But overall it falls to the nominators. She posted an advertisement for the thread in every thread on the first 1-2 pages and most of the fans just ignored it (you know how poeple, do, ignore those things and post on like they didn't see it). The Doutzen fans responded and they were rewarded I guess. But I was surprised at some of the one's whose fans didn't respond. I would have thought Stam, Tiuu, Poly, Daria, Tanya, Sasha ect.... fans would have been in line to nominate for a comp like this :idk: .

KK FTW :hehe: .