Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2009 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

Jade**

I love Rosie and Doutzen! LOL, Chanel and Lindsay I'm kind of ??? about. Like they're very cute for pink...but I always thought VS was more sexy. Like Rosie, Manu, and Candice fit the sexy part of it. Miranda is adorable as well, but she pulls off sexy too (hopefully she gains some weight...she's been looking kind of skinny recently). I'm not fond of Marisa's face, though she has a slamming body, BUT she is an amazing spokesperson. Great personality. Heidi has a cute personality and its good that they have someone there for the older set. I'm really sad Adri isn't going to be in this show...and I know she wants lots of kids...so maybe she's retiring soon? Alessandra I always thought was rather straight as a board, but she's beautiful as well with a great personality and she totally makes it work on the runway. I agree with those saying that they're probably trying to mix up the age group again. Just Lindsay and Chanel need to fill out a little more I think.

Dri isn't retiring anytime soon, she's said so herself (while she's been pregnant) and VS is already preparing for her huge comeback next year, from what Monica Mitro's office told Lima-Fans. They couldn't give a lot of details, but they are working with her to be the big comeback event(s) next year. Also she just signed a new 5 year contract next year, along with a 5 year beauty contract earlier this year, which means she'll at least be around for 7 more years, so she's not retiring. (Seriously how many times have people written this lol)

Miranda there have been rumors for a year a half that VS and her aren't clicking, and Doutzen, well all the signs are their. I don't think they'll be around much longer I think realistically we're looking at this line up. Along with Keeping Ale, I think their keeping their most famous faces, Adriana, Ale and Marisa and then adding some great spokesmodels so they really get the best of both worlds.

Adriana

Alessandra

Marisa

Emanuela

Candice

Chanel

Lindsay

Rosie

As much as i dont want it that way it sure does look like that. I do not think Doutzen or Miranda will be sticking around however they both i think will land on their feet fine. Doutzen is still working for Loreal and i'm sure will get plenty more campaigns no problem. And Miranda is huge here in Australia. No matter what i know she will get work. She already is the spokesperson for David Jones and she has been working up an awesome High Fashion storm lately so hope to see some more from her. And Heidi will just continue doing what she normally does.

I think that hiring Lindsay and Chanel was to target the young American girl. Not necessarily PINK girls cause they have Behati for that. I think they wanted some young American spokesmodels cause they havent got any. For an american brand the only american model they had was Marisa. So the two of them i think is actually a smart move for the company. Its saying that the young girls dont only have to be into PINK they can go for more sexier lingerie as well. Rosie, Emanuela and Candice definately have the glamour sex appeal that Adriana, Gisele etc had. I think hiring them was an awesome idea and hope that these girls do very well in the company.

I'm kind of hoping that if Doutzen and Miranda do finish with VS it would be on good terms so we could still possibly see them each year at the show

omg that blog :rofl: :rofl:... lucky..guy :ninja:

LMAO I love it. He should be an Angel, yes? But seriously, they seem to be giving tickets out to people I don't understand. Maybe for the non-celebrity show which is the first or the second taping. I forget.

And Miranda is huge here in Australia. No matter what i know she will get work. She already is the spokesperson for David Jones and she has been working up an awesome High Fashion storm lately so hope to see some more from her.

I think that's why even though she's my favorite of the current group, I wouldn't be heartbroken if she left. It would have been a great run for her, and she has the potential to be a true mainstream personality back home..

I think hiring them was an awesome idea and hope that these girls do very well in the company.

I have high hopes for Lindsay. Will she be the most drooled over angel? Probably not, but she could be one of the more successful ones. Not everyone is into that va-va-voom bombshell kind of thing. She could slide right into Miranda's safe and sexy niche. I say let Lindsay open the show this year and give her some wings. She's been doing the show just as long as Candice. Time to take her out of the p!nk section.

I think it's time to replace Behati as the p!nk spokesmodel too, but I have no idea who you would replace her with.

I hope this year that with PINK they dont just give the girls one walk each. I like to see all the girls have 2+ walks so we get to see them more.

I'm interested to see if Rosie and Candice will still be apart of PINK. I'm sure Lindsay will and maybe Chanel. But also have an extra 1 or 2 walks somewhere else. But will Candice and Rosie be pushed up somewhere else. I can definately see Rosie not doing PINK anymore. She's done it since 2006 i think its fair for her to do some other segments. And maybe Candice can do it again one more year. Wonder if they will bring in Flavia again. Cause i dont want to see her in PINK anymore either.

Even if Miranda & Doutzen stop being Angels soon its still possible they will still do the VSFS in the future. Izabel,Selita and Karolina still did the show after they stopped being Angels so I'm not worried about that.Miranda as an Angel isn't doing aything for me now. When she was first announced I was excited but now I wouldn't care if she stays an Angel or not. Adriana & Ale aren't going anywhere for awhile even if we want them to. So no is safe right now. VS could get rid of girls or they can keep 11 Angels no one knows right now. Heidi might not even retire this year or next year. We just have to wait and see what they do. I'm really excited finally for the show this year. I can't wait to see how they do everything this year. I'm really hoping its a great show this year.

Lindsay is a great model and I think she is trying to prove herself. I think she can do it, however I don't think she is ready to open the show. I would like to see her in wings though. I bet Rosie and Candice will get wings maybe even Emanuela. I am excitied for the show! I can't wait two weeks! Two weeks feels like forever! Does anyone know where the show will be in New York this year?

I have to say, if I was told a week ago that new Angels would be announced, I would have been thrilled since that would mean the end of the obnoxious "Candice should be an Angel - no, Rosie should be!" guessing game. But now I see it's only lead to the equally obnoxious "Who is going to get fired?" guessing game. In the hiring of five new Angels, hasn't VS demonstrated enough unpredictability to show that trying to guess what the people at VS are thinking is completely pointless? Everyone can think to themselves Miranda or Doutzen or whoever is done for, but for all we know, all the pre-2009 Angels are done at the end of the year - or they could all be sticking around for years and VS just wants a big group.

Edited by PinkCouture

Dri isn't retiring anytime soon, she's said so herself (while she's been pregnant) and VS is already preparing for her huge comeback next year, from what Monica Mitro's office told Lima-Fans. They couldn't give a lot of details, but they are working with her to be the big comeback event(s) next year. Also she just signed a new 5 year contract next year, along with a 5 year beauty contract earlier this year, which means she'll at least be around for 7 more years, so she's not retiring. (Seriously how many times have people written this lol)

Well, you certainly like to shove it down our throats at every possible opportunity, but that's no reason to think it's all true, is it?

Again, he said...she said...let's just wait and see what happens. No one truly knows what will happen. Things could change---it's life. So let's stopping making claims and accusations b/c it is causing unproductive conversations :cain:

Edited by PinkCouture
Typo :p

OMG. When are they gonna start showin stuff. Last year we had concept art, fittings, etc etc. This year ... I bet we're gonna get all the fitting videos and pics AFTER the show comes out. Maybe VS wants to really surprise everyone. lol

And as far as the .. "what will happen with each angel" thing ... as PC said. Let's see things pan out. Remember last year wiht the Iza fiasco ... many said she was leaving then we had people say they had sources claiming Izabel was renewing and yada yada ... and look what happened. :( Only time will tell, but let's live in the present and not worry bout the future and what "may" happen. Sieze the day ... Carpe that Diem. lol

for all we know, all the pre-2009 Angels are done at the end of the year - or they could all be sticking around for years and VS just wants a big group.

Very true. Contracts get cancelled or mutally disbanded all the time. When Tyra decided to retire, I don't think VS was all - "Um, no bitch. You have a contract. Put on the panties and suck it up."

I posted something about a "Perfect 10" scenario. Remember when Gisele left there was talk of "five hotter, younger models?" Could this new line-up finally be the culmination of something that's been in the works for the last couple of years? They were just waiting for what they felt was the right mix of girls? 11 angels are a lot, but you're right, mbinebri. VS could want to move in that direction. I'm just going to wait and see at this point. I'm not so worried for the ones I thought I was for anymore. Looking forward to seeing Miranda in the show this year because she's definitely on a roll right now. Give her some wings and let her open!

Maybe VS wants to really surprise everyone.

I think this might be their way of taking back some control over their brand. The fans freakin' hijacked the show last year. Way too much info came out way too soon last year IMO. It spoiled some of the mystery for me. From taking down the unreleased commercials and keeping things closer to the vest, I see VS as regaining control of what is theirs and doing things on their terms. I like the secretive feel to things. It's making me more excited. Here is my prediction for the show. I am 82.367%* confident that we will not get the same show opener and same show closer that we got in 2007 and 2008. ;)

(*I'm not 100% because Heidi scares me, LOL. She could have us all in a lull and then break out the bustier and be like "Ha, ha bitches. Take that! I had you fooled.")

Looking forward to seeing Miranda in the show this year because she's definitely on a roll right now. Give her some wings and let her open!

I'm hoping the same! Really want to see Miranda go big either if is her last year as an Angel or just bc it's time for her to rock on!!!

I'm glad Vs it's keeping all secret :ninja: so we can have more surprises for the Show!!! :drool:

Now that tree of my fav. models :wub: are angels can't wait to see them work it out!!! :heart:

Really really can't waittttt!!! for the show, like others said this 2 weeks are gona go sloowwwwwww!!!!!! :p

btw!! Thanks PC for all the cleanup!!! ;)

Just saw this and I have no comment except to say: :banghead:

Heidi Will Host, Not Walk at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Tue, 11/03/2009 - 4:30pm by PopSugar

Heidi Klum stepped out today in LA for one of her first non-Halloween related afternoons since the birth of her daughter Lou. Being a new mom isn't slowing Heidi down, as she was still able to throw her annual costume party on Saturday, and it was just announced that she'll host the Victoria's Secret holiday fashion show. Heidi won't be repeating her performance of a few years ago and hitting the runway so few weeks after having a baby, but she can show off her signature lipstick color and entertain us from the sidelines.

Looks like Dri won't have but a 5 second clip :whistle:

I do have a good feeling about the show though..it can only go up here!

I don't know what they have planned for her, but when contacted yesterday, VS still held firm about her being a part of the show "no matter what" and before that they told us she would play a big part, but that's all they would/could say along with insinuating a very busy and huge year for her next year like Lost_Soul said. Even going as far as to call it her year.

But you're right. If they do Angel profiles this year that is more than half the show so 5 seconds would be a fairly big part. Just kidding!